Brewer Fanatic

Round 9 - Greg Kloosterman, College LHP

Compliments of Socal and BA:

Astute area scouts also had their sights set on LHP/OF Greg Kloosterman. While interest has waned since March, Kloosterman was his conference's player of the year as a two-way star. He holds the career home run record at his high school and homered 18 times in each of the last two years at Bethel. His loose left arm has most scouts intrigued. He pitches between 85-88 mph and touches 90, showing running action at the plate. His curveball and changeup are inconsistent due to minor mechanical flaws that should be corrected with pro instruction. Kloosterman has an athletic frame and has drawn comparisons to Denny Neagle. He could be drafted by the fifth round.

As an Agnostic, I generally laugh at these types (bible-thumpers/holy-rollers), but also understand that what ever makes his boat float is fine by me, especially if he can play. Now if he makes it to the bigs and they start showing "messages from god" featuring Greg Kloosdterman in the big screen at Miller Park, I'll throw a fit.

Is this also why it was believed Al might not like this pick? Hm? (Not too many Agnostics floating around.)

Sorry Brian, nothing offensive intended. I've never witnessed you "forcing" your religion on others, so technically I don't consider you a "bible thumper". I've no problem with a guy having a little religion, just when they preach it like those who don't are "just plain wrong".

Some additonal info from the local Indiana newspaper on the only LHP the Brewers drafted in the first 15 rounds -- seems they may have gotten good value here...:

April 8th: BA Draft Ranking Story:

www.elkharttruth.com/news...422931.bsp

May 22nd: On his status prior to the draft:

www.elkharttruth.com/news...280234.bsp

May 6th: Player of Year Honors

www.elkharttruth.com/news...488079.bsp

June 4th: The Draft Day Story and Quotes:

www.elkharttruth.com/news...133835.bsp

June 5th: Signing Day

www.elkharttruth.com/news...688583.bsp

Archived