Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun/Villar/Catcher

Kemp

Grandal

Forsythe(Down year in 17, but solid in 15/16)

Mitch White

Dodgers reduce payroll, we fill C and 2b and Mitch White looks legit

Domingo stays in RF, Brewers release almost 15M off Braun’s contract

Braun/Villar/Catcher

Kemp

Grandal

Forsythe(Down year in 17, but solid in 15/16)

Mitch White

Dodgers reduce payroll, we fill C and 2b and Mitch White looks legit

Domingo stays in RF, Brewers release almost 15M off Braun’s contract

The Brewers take on $38 million for this season alone in that deal. I don’t see it worth pushing the payroll that high unless there is additional prospects coming back to the Brewers. It would eliminate any chance of signing or trading for a quality starting pitcher this season since the payroll would be roughly $110 million.

my take on this trade is.....they want our outfield to be yelich.....cain....domingo.....and don't want to ask braun to be a part time player out of respect to him....if we trade him and get kemp back its not like we are hurting an icons feelings if we let kemp know he is a back-up.....we do braun a solid by trading him to his hometown dodgers and we get kemp and try to flip him or have him as a back-up

Kemp offers next to nothing to a contending team, and his contract is napalm. I don't understand why we'd help another NL playoff contender get out from under that contract. They only reason they even took on Kemp's contract to begin with is the Braves agreed to take on several of the Dodgers crap contracts. Well, the Dodgers made that bed, and I hope no one bails them out of having to sleep in it.

Ryan Braun will put up a better WAR this year than Matt Kemp has over the last 5 years. To save $16M dollars? Let's just say the current price is $4M per WAR, I have no doubt Braun would be +4 in War over the next 3 years compared to Kemp. So if there's a swap of Kemp for Braun then I would expect something more to come from LA.

If the Brewers are that desperate then there's a smell coming from the valley and it ain't yeast... How about Sterns spends the first dollar of the $50M from the MLB digital rights sale before worrying about any savings from moving Ryan Braun...

I think there is a very slim chance some trade involving Braun and Kemp could be executed, but I think there is a zero percent chance Kemp would ever suit up for the Brewers. It could basically be a means to acquire Yasmani Grandal and maybe a flier prospect.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

My take is that the Dodgers absolutely wants to get rid of Kemp and they initiated talks with the Brewers for Braun. No harm in talking with the Dodgers, Stearns is probably trying to get a SP in return. Who knows, maybe there might be an opportunity to "fleece" the Dodgers depending on how desperate they are on getting rid of Kemp.

Can the season just get here already so this stupid reporting of insane things can end? Why in the hell would this even benefit the Brewers?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Can the season just get here already so this stupid reporting of insane things can end? Why in the hell would this even benefit the Brewers?

Fake rumor. I’m not a Braun lover, but this doesn’t make sense. Both are expensive so no one is saving money. And why are we trading Braun for another overpaid OFer who is worse? I get it, prospects can come back, but that is just dumb. If we don’t want Braun then we really won’t want Kemp.

But really, FAAAAAAKE. Stop talking about Braun anything(in my opinion).

Acquiring Kemp would be an interesting move. Over the next three years, Braun is owed $19 million, $18 million, and $16 million respectively, for a total of $53 million. Kemp is owed $21.5 million the next two years for a total of $43 million. The main reason for this type of trade would be to clear that $16 million off the books after the 2019 season. It would allow the Brewers to make another significant move with that money one year earlier than if they still had Braun. It is a move that would allow Stearns to bring an important piece to the Brewers while still having 3 years of control of Cain and Yelich compared to only 2 years.

1 point for Rollie, that's exactly why Stearns should explore this.

Hey folks who are freaking out.

THIS!

What's the difference between paying 43 mil of the remaining 53mil braun has left on his contract and taking matt kemp? Well you can also pay 40 mil of matt kemps contract and flip him too. Maybe just a lottery ticket but it can be done.

How do you make an asset that has low value due to its contract worth something? You pay off the contract or absorb trash.

Pros:

Kemps deal ends 1 year sooner.

Kemps deal is 10 mil cheaper over the life.

Cons:

Kemps essentially worthless. But the dodgers were wise to consolidate their debt into 1 single piece to move.

Braun is worth a lot more than 10 mil over the next 3 years.

Even if you take the low end of his last two years averaged. 4.6 war over the last 2 years. So say he declines from 2.3 war. 1.8. 1.3 0.8. Safe to say Brauns worth 3.9 war. Thats 32 mil right? Dodgers send kemp to us for Braun they safely owe us 22 mil in offset value. That's 2 dubon peralta level guys.

Would I do that deal? Yeah. No brainer. This could be very smart.

Fake rumor. I’m not a Braun lover, but this doesn’t make sense. Both are expensive so no one is saving money. And why are we trading Braun for another overpaid OFer who is worse? I get it, prospects can come back, but that is just dumb. If we don’t want Braun then we really won’t want Kemp.

But really, FAAAAAAKE. Stop talking about Braun anything(in my opinion).

Well 2 things.

1 braun will only go to LAD so if they dont want braun and want value for braun taking kemp is a good way to extract value from the dodgers.

2 we obviously wouldn't want kemp either... but kemps worthless and can be dealt to anyone who wants him, after we pay the entire contract of course. I could see him fitting pretty well as a AL DH if he only cost them 3 mil for 2 years.

Got an asset you don't want that you can't move to 28 teams? Deal him to the 1 team you can and do what you can to maximize the return. Then deal with the slop accordingly.

We might just value Braun the asset more than Braun the player. Get the best value you can from the dodgers, who wont flat take his contract into their cap, by eating kemp. If they dont give up enough prospect capitol... no deal yet again.

Pretty simple.

Kemp = 0 value at a cost of 43 mil

Braun = 32 mil value at a cost of 53 mil

They owe us 2 prospects in the peralta range.

Deal!

However you want to dice it up to try to legitimize this fake report, it ain’t happening. Like I said, the season just needs to get here. Some of this is pure madness. Maybe we can trade him for Stroman too.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

However you want to dice it up to try to legitimize this fake report, it ain’t happening. Like I said, the season just needs to get here. Some of this is pure madness. Maybe we can trade him for Stroman too.

Why is this a given as nonsense? 1 OF is likely on the move. While its horribly unlikely its Braun, its also horribly unlikely the Dodgers can do much of anything with Kemp. The dodgers are the only place Braun can go. The dodgers have been interested in Braun before.

If you are the dodgers do you want 43 mil spent on trash, or 56 mil over 3 years spent on someone you can use? How many prospects would you be willing to part with for that upgrade?

Many here say the Braun to 1b is nonsense. Many have reported the Santana market is cold.

What's better? Selling low on Santana or eating crap to make braun a valuable trade piece for the Dodgers? If Braun to 1b is BS 1 has to happen.

So its at the very least well thought out nonsense.

You're telling me Kemp, Mitchell White and Gavin Lux for Braun is a nonsensical hard no from either side? Who could the Dodger add to improve their OF and who do you trust in their outfield?

Braun said he's willing to play 1B and I think the Dodgers have the intention of switching Braun to 1B. Braun at 1B will be a big improvement for the Dodgers offensively at that position, plus they want to get rid of Kemp. So I can see why the Dodgers would be keen to trade Kemp for Braun.

But the Brewers have absolutely no use for Kemp and his very expensive contract. The Brewers should demand for good pitchers and money to offset a big chunk of Kemp's salary in return. If Dodgers refuse than so be it and move on, I much rather have Braun than Kemp.

Archived