Brewer Fanatic

FA Pitchers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He also gets a 4th arb year is he starts in the minors correct?

That is not set in stone.

It all depends on how long he is down and how many days in the majors he accrues during the season.

But theres a way to extend his control.

How has Woodruff looked this spring? Has he earned a spot over Suter and Miley?

How did Woodruff look his first 5 MLB starts?

Who cares what he looks like in ST, he's working on things.

Really? Totally unnecessary.

To answer you brewtank, he’s gotten lit up. He has not earned a spot over those two up to this point. I don’t see Woodruff making the rotation as it stands today.

Haha ok......

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If Woodruff had more of a track record in MLB, his spring stats probably wouldn't matter too much. But he doesn't, so they likely do.

Suter has a spot. I think I can say that with 100% certainty. The other spot will be either a FA pitcher, Guerra or probably Miley. I wish it were Woodruff, though.

If Woodruff had more of a track record in MLB, his spring stats probably wouldn't matter too much. But he doesn't, so they likely do.

Suter has a spot. I think I can say that with 100% certainty. The other spot will be either a FA pitcher, Guerra or probably Miley. I wish it were Woodruff, though.

Unfortunately the battle for those last two spots comes down to guys with short track records and/or guys with pretty bad recent track records. This is not a battle of particularly attractive options.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Unfortunately the battle for those last two spots comes down to guys with short track records and/or guys with pretty bad recent track records. This is not a battle of particularly attractive options.

That's the truth. I've warmed to the idea of Suter in the rotation, as he's been pretty effective in his opportunities. Gotta be ready for shorter starts with him, though. Not grabbing another starter is putting a lot of blind faith in the coaches and their ability to fix some of these underperforming guys. Also putting a lot of pressure on Stearns himself, because if the rotation isn't good, he is going to hear a lot of second guessing.

That's the truth. I've warmed to the idea of Suter in the rotation, as he's been pretty effective in his opportunities. Gotta be ready for shorter starts with him, though. Not grabbing another starter is putting a lot of blind faith in the coaches and their ability to fix some of these underperforming guys. Also putting a lot of pressure on Stearns himself, because if the rotation isn't good, he is going to hear a lot of second guessing.

Guerra for 4 ip with Suter as the piggyback is the answer. :tongue

Archived