Brewer Fanatic

2b/SS

MVP2110
So remember last year when the Mets had to play D'arnaud in the infield and they kept moving him around to try and have him avoid grounders. Why hasn't this been done more? Take Arcia for example, wouldn't it be wise to switch him between 2nd & SS based on whether a Right or lefty is up to try and put your fielders in better positions to help you. Is there something I'm missing?

Initial thought for why would be comfort level. A lesser defender in his normal spot might be better then a better defender who is "out of position".
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Just to add to what Young guns pointed out, the angles and footwork are different. Some of what makes great defenders great is repetition and anticipation. I don't see how shifting them around that much helps facilitate that. If there is someone who has a particular problem that has to be taken into consideration and you have a Perez type of player to swap with there might be some advantage to it. I don't think it's best to do that like defensive shifts are used though.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived