Brewer Fanatic

WI Resident Only Presale of Cubs Game Tickets

Bombers
Oh, I'm not the biggest Brewers fan. There are plenty of people who follow the team more closely, go to more games, yearly travel to spring training, go to Brewers on deck, listen religiously to Uecker, keep score, read everything Brewers on jsonline, and spend more at Miller Park. So, no, I am not trying to position myself as a better Brewers fan than most.

I just can't fathom why we as a fan base want to give Cubs fans a foothold in our park when we could just keep our tickets and make a better (not perfect) home field advantage. I'm tired of people trying to justify their selling and then try to rationalize why being a sell out is the smart thing to do. These don't go hand in hand. Either you sell out, get more $, and your fandom is in question, or you keep the tickets and cheer your butts off for the good guys, and you're less rich.

I trust that you attend every Cubs at MP if you're going to talk this black/white about it.

One a year.... in proportion to other Central teams. I go to 10 or 11 games a year. I have tickets in the Loge bleachers for the next Cubs game in June.

Not going or selling to Cubs fans are two different things. Not going= Brewers fans might get the seats. Selling to Cubs fans= the deed has been done- you're part of the problem of giving away the BEST seats to a division rival team.

And that is the issue.... Miller Park Cubs games. It is a problem. As is now, many Brewers fans stay away from these games for various reasons.

Selling= the ticket can be bought by anyone, including Cubs fans. You have no idea who buys it.

Not buying= the ticket can be bought by anyone, including Cubs fans. You have no idea who buys it.

By not buying every game and valuing your money over it must mean you're fandom must be in question.

You be the sellout. I'll be the cheap skate. Both of our fandoms are in question. Better? I'm fine with mine. You?

They are the exact same thing. And yes, I'm fine with mine. Although I didn't sell any Cubs games this year, only last year.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread jumped the shark about 2 pages ago and turned into a pissing contest. About what, I'm not exactly sure though.

What's this about?

Brewers fans not being particularly good fans..... selling out to Cubs fans..... giving the best seats in the park to the enemy.

It's more about another guy insulting other fans/posters while not putting his own money where his mouth is.

Archived