Brewer Fanatic

WI Resident Only Presale of Cubs Game Tickets

Bombers
Guess all you scalpers are happy.... Cubs winning! Prices sure to rise for your June tickets....

th?id=OIP.WhdQYr8sJigHlVixRvI5IwHaHn&pid=15.1&H=164&W=160&P=0

This one too.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complaining about the Brewers games tonight, especially about losing to the Cubs. My wife said, Boy, that chip on your shoulder is getting bigger."

I said, "Yep."

Cubs are the enemy, rival, leader of division, whatever. Their fans are idiots, nearly the whole lot, but they get credit for showing up, paying big bucks to see baseball, etc. I simply want Brewers fans to Be fans and not scalpers who sell their soul to make a buck. It's a black eye for the organization when our best fans ... check that..... largest spending fans take more pride in getting best value for tickets than showing up at home games or even seeing to it that their tickets get into Fellow Brewers fans' hands.

That being said, if they won 3-0 today, no way would I be posting this.... just the chip is getting bigger.

I think you may need to talk to someone about this. Definetely not something you should be thinking about so much.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think you may need to talk to someone about this. Definetely not something you should be thinking about so much.

He can talk to me for a couple of tickets to Brewers vs Cubs at Miller Park, which I'll promptly sell to Cubs fans.

He can talk to me for a couple of tickets to Brewers vs Cubs at Miller Park, which I'll promptly sell to Cubs fans.

I talk to my wife about Cubs fans in Brewers clothing all the time.... especially ones on brewerfan that disguise loyalty in name only.

Respectively, you sir, appear An unashamed sellout...money before loyalty. Then again, I'm not telling you anything you don't know already. A good, opportunistic capitalist..... seemingly lousy fan. If not, what distinguishes you from being a sellout? Enlighten me.

Make joke of me as you may. It is a problem for a fan base when scalpers talk down fans who apparently threaten their side cash gig or hurt their phantom team spirit. The silent majority of Brewers fans wants more Brewers fans at Miller Park for Cubs games, and having Brewers fans keep their tickets is step one. We need any advantage we can get against a division foe.

Brewers record against everyone but Cubs....... 15-6

Brewers record vs Cubs....... 1-6

Respectively, you sir, appear An unashamed sellout...money before loyalty. Then again, I'm not telling you anything you don't know already. A good, opportunistic capitalist..... seemingly lousy fan. If not, what distinguishes you from being a sellout? Enlighten me.

Well, I guess you can't take anything as sarcasm. I've never sold a ticket to any sporting event, I even went to Cubs/Brewers games at Miller Park in 2003 and 2004 when the Brewers were awful and Cubs fans were in peak "bro-dom."

Well, I guess you can't take anything as sarcasm. I've never sold a ticket to any sporting event, I even went to Cubs/Brewers games at Miller Park in 2003 and 2004 when the Brewers were awful and Cubs fans were in peak "bro-dom."

I’ll probably only sell my LGBT Pride night tickets to people from Chicago.

I'm curious, RickH. You're about to enter Miller Park for a Brewers/Cubs game. Some rich and eccentric and slightly crazy fan in a Cubs jersey approaches you and says, "Those are the seats I need. I'll give you 100 grand, cash, for your tickets right now."

You say....?

Even after selling the Cubs tickets they probably still spend more on the Brewers than you. This must mean they are a bigger fan than you because they are supporting the team more, correct? After all...money is what put a better team on the field.

If you were a real fan you would be buying season tickets and not miss a single game. If you do you better not sell your tickets unless they provide three forms of Brewer fandom proof.

I'm curious, RickH. You're about to enter Miller Park for a Brewers/Cubs game. Some rich and eccentric and slightly crazy fan in a Cubs jersey approaches you and says, "Those are the seats I need. I'll give you 100 grand, cash, for your tickets right now."

You say....?

Funny how when I do similar examples, I get accused of being unrealistic....

I'm game, though. I'd probably take the money. I'd be richer, life changing richer. I'd definitely be a worse fan, however.

A complete sellout.

Even after selling the Cubs tickets they probably still spend more on the Brewers than you. This must mean they are a bigger fan than you because they are supporting the team more, correct? After all...money is what put a better team on the field.

If you were a real fan you would be buying season tickets and not miss a single game. If you do you better not sell your tickets unless they provide three forms of Brewer fandom proof.

Oh, I'm not the biggest Brewers fan. There are plenty of people who follow the team more closely, go to more games, yearly travel to spring training, go to Brewers on deck, listen religiously to Uecker, keep score, read everything Brewers on jsonline, and spend more at Miller Park. So, no, I am not trying to position myself as a better Brewers fan than most.

I just can't fathom why we as a fan base want to give Cubs fans a foothold in our park when we could just keep our tickets and make a better (not perfect) home field advantage. I'm tired of people trying to justify their selling and then try to rationalize why being a sell out is the smart thing to do. These don't go hand in hand. Either you sell out, get more $, and your fandom is in question, or you keep the tickets and cheer your butts off for the good guys, and you're less rich.

Oh, I'm not the biggest Brewers fan. There are plenty of people who follow the team more closely, go to more games, yearly travel to spring training, go to Brewers on deck, listen religiously to Uecker, keep score, read everything Brewers on jsonline, and spend more at Miller Park. So, no, I am not trying to position myself as a better Brewers fan than most.

I just can't fathom why we as a fan base want to give Cubs fans a foothold in our park when we could just keep our tickets and make a better (not perfect) home field advantage. I'm tired of people trying to justify their selling and then try to rationalize why being a sell out is the smart thing to do. These don't go hand in hand. Either you sell out, get more $, and your fandom is in question, or you keep the tickets and cheer your butts off for the good guys, and you're less rich.

I trust that you attend every Cubs at MP if you're going to talk this black/white about it.

Maybe our fans should refuse to buy tickets to games they don’t want to go to. Then the Cub fans can just buy them directly from the Brewers.

Cub fans filling our park is probably better for us than instead just having 20k Brewer fans attend.

Maybe our fans should refuse to buy tickets to games they don’t want to go to. Then the Cub fans can just buy them directly from the Brewers.

Cub fans filling our park is probably better for us than instead just having 20k Brewer fans attend.

This nails it. They're going to go anyway so it's better to make some money off them.

That said, the idea earlier about some kind of discount that proves you actually used your tickets would be a better idea than what they tried this year with the early buy period. That was for sure not going to change anything.

Do they raise concession pricing, parking, etc. at Cubs games in MP? If not, they should. Cubs fans are traveling 1-1.5 hours each way to attend a game so they are very likely eating in the area and/or at Miller Park. Jack up the concessions for the traveling circus and make some additional money.

I trust that you attend every Cubs at MP if you're going to talk this black/white about it.

One a year.... in proportion to other Central teams. I go to 10 or 11 games a year. I have tickets in the Loge bleachers for the next Cubs game in June.

Not going or selling to Cubs fans are two different things. Not going= Brewers fans might get the seats. Selling to Cubs fans= the deed has been done- you're part of the problem of giving away the BEST seats to a division rival team.

And that is the issue.... Miller Park Cubs games. It is a problem. As is now, many Brewers fans stay away from these games for various reasons.

This nails it. They're going to go anyway so it's better to make some money off them.

That said, the idea earlier about some kind of discount that proves you actually used your tickets would be a better idea than what they tried this year with the early buy period. That was for sure not going to change anything.

If the Brewers really want to get more Brewers fans thru the gates, it can be done instantly. Group leaders could be given discounts to take their "usual" groups to the game. The Brewers don't want to lose that $, however.

One a year.... in proportion to other Central teams. I go to 10 or 11 games a year. I have tickets in the Loge bleachers for the next Cubs game in June.

Not going or selling to Cubs fans are two different things. Not going= Brewers fans might get the seats. Selling to Cubs fans= the deed has been done- you're part of the problem of giving away the BEST seats to a division rival team.

And that is the issue.... Miller Park Cubs games. It is a problem. As is now, many Brewers fans stay away from these games for various reasons.

Selling= the ticket can be bought by anyone, including Cubs fans. You have no idea who buys it.

Not buying= the ticket can be bought by anyone, including Cubs fans. You have no idea who buys it.

By not buying every game and valuing your money over it must mean you're fandom must be in question.

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2018/04/30/packers-fan-sues-bears-hires-lawyer/563997002/

Bears won't let season ticket holder wear Packer garb on field for pre-game. Don't like the Bears at all, but I agree with them.

Then on the opposite end of the spectrum, there are the Brewers fans looking to get rich hawking tickets to get more Cubbies in the keg.

Selling= the ticket can be bought by anyone, including Cubs fans. You have no idea who buys it.

Not buying= the ticket can be bought by anyone, including Cubs fans. You have no idea who buys it.

By not buying every game and valuing your money over it must mean you're fandom must be in question.

You be the sellout. I'll be the cheap skate. Both of our fandoms are in question. Better? I'm fine with mine. You?

This thread jumped the shark about 2 pages ago and turned into a pissing contest. About what, I'm not exactly sure though.

What's this about?

Brewers fans not being particularly good fans..... selling out to Cubs fans..... giving the best seats in the park to the enemy.

Rick, honest question, and I am sorry if I missed it, but you do realize most people are unable to sell directly to other Brewer fans, right? Most people post their tickets online and cant control who gets the tickets. I am sure no Brewer fan is directly heading to the nearest Cub hangout and offering their ticket to the highest bidder.

Archived