Brewer Fanatic

WI Resident Only Presale of Cubs Game Tickets

Bombers
Just sell the damn tickets. We have to be able to afford our middle of the rotation free agent in a couple of years.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cub fans are used to massively inflated ticket prices. They make these games insanely expensive thus putting it where they pay to go to Wrigley anyway and price Brewer fans out. So it is more than their team being better and population.

The only partially effective way would be to offer presale tickets at normal prices and then open it up at the big inflated price. Brewer fans aren’t paying postseason ticket prices during the regular season.

I got front row bleacher seats to one of the summer Cubs games. I doubt that would have been possible if I was fighting thousands of outside the state fans on the first day of ticket sales.

This. I bought 8 for June 12 and 8 for June 13. Wouldn’t have wasted time trying if I’d have been competing for bleacher seats with Cubs fans.

So starting a new job and networking is king... been thinking of fun ways to draw attention. I'm totally buying brewers cubs tickets and giving them away to people who have joined the FB Linkedin Twitter pages I'll be setting up. Crew fans who will GO to the game may only apply for the drawing.

Ehhh, ask a sales rep about that. The Brewers are much better off with people committing to that many purchases year in and year out. I'm never making it to 40 games and give away a lot of tickets, but I still want the playoff priority and the 40 packs are given seniority above the 20s, in addition to all the other cool perks of being a SSH.

As long as there are Cubs fans subsidizing season tickets you're going to have people doing that.

Also, I'm not "justifying" my scalping, just pointing out that I hate going to MP for these games. I don't need to justify anything, since it is merely the market at work. I've never gone to Lambeau Field at face value and I've never felt like a victim because of it.

I wouldn't step foot in MP for a Cubs game either. Its been a while so perhaps we'll go to a game this summer while we're up in WI...

I have zero issues with Cub fans buying tickets for Miller Park. We love their money. SPEND SPEND SPEND for over-inflated tickets and then lose the game. How is your value on those tickets,beer, and concessions with a long ride home with a big fat L in your heart.

The problem is demographics. The Chicago metro population is estimated to be 9.5 million people. Many of those are within 90 minutes of Miller Park. A significant amount are within an hour and closer by time than to Wrigley Field.

Exactly.

Yes, the Cubs have a strong fanbase. But they aren't at Miller Park in droves because of the quality of their fanhood, no matter how much they want to drunkenly yell at you about it.

There are lots of Cubs fans at Miller Park because Chicago has 5-6 times the population of Milwaukee, and it's really easy for them to get here. That's it.

If there were 10 million people in Milwaukee and 1.5 in Chicago it would be the other way around. It has nothing to do with bad Brewers fans or great Cubs fans. We are just unlucky to be situated so close to millions of blowhards.

:laughing I have a lot of Red Sox fans as neighbors down here and they are even worse...

I think Packers fans do this to Soldier Field don’t they?

It was really something when the Tampa Bay Bucs were in the same division! Packers fans would literally take over the Sombrero there.

I have zero issues with Cub fans buying tickets for Miller Park. We love their money. SPEND SPEND SPEND for over-inflated tickets and then lose the game. How is your value on those tickets,beer, and concessions with a long ride home with a big fat L in your heart.

Its just that with so many Cubs fans there it almost feels like an away game at times...

Pretty politically correct nowadays so...

Buying Brewers tickets and then selling them to Cubs fans? If I did that, I would be literally a sell out. I should just be a good Brewers fan and go to the game, cheer on the right team, and wear the right cap.

I am talking about me, not you, and that is my opinion so don't judge.

https://sports.yahoo.com/wisconsin-residents-only-cubs-fans-013050084.html

The message of Brewers fans selling to Brewers fans is one that has not been heard yet. Can't keep Cubs fans out, yet you should be able to keep them out of the best seats. Brewers ticket office coulld easily see the ones that sell out to Cubs fans year after year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/wisconsin-residents-only-cubs-fans-013050084.html

The message of Brewers fans selling to Brewers fans is one that has not been heard yet. Can't keep Cubs fans out, yet you should be able to keep them out of the best seats. Brewers ticket office coulld easily see the ones that sell out to Cubs fans year after year.

So you want to alienate the Brewer fans who sell their tickets because that will solve the problem?

Ok let me know if throwing a snowball at a forest fire will put the fire out because this is basically what you are suggesting.

Just be a good fan. Selling to the enemy is obviously not a good thing. If you need to supplement season tickets by ripping off Cubs fans, just get a smaller package or buy individual tickets. Let another Brewers fan have a chance at the seats.

People telling other people what to do with their possessions. Interesting.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Oops... if I made a decision to literally sell out, I would own that decision of selling really good seats to the enemy. That would make me a sell out and I would be happy about the extra money I could use.

Own that decision? It’s a baseball game. I think we are making this a lot more than it is. And Cubs fans and their media department are roasting us because of it. It’s pretty pathetic on behalf of the Brewers.

Sure am. If they are the ones that want to pay for tickets, then that’s what it is. The rest of this is a bunch of nothing.

I think the Cubs fan thing is overblown a bit. I have been to numerous Packers-Bears and Brewers-Cubs games and while it is a little bit rowdier, it's never to the point where it has gotten out of control. Just my two cents but most times if you are nice and respectful to those around you at these events, it is reciprocated.

Fans brawl in upper deck at Miller Park during Friday's Brewers-Cubs game

https://jsonl.in/2GIFGBp

So because fans are dumb enough to fight each other, I should care who buys tickets? Got it. I guess we should probably pretend the two wussy Brewers fans had nothing to do with the fight too.

Going to a game is about the experience. The experience going to a Cubs games at 5x the normal price as any other game is not a good experience. Bottom line. The Cubs fans will be there anyway and will sit in good seats anyway. Is row 6 really that different than the first row? Really?

How do they know a Cubs fan is even buying the ticket. Does StubHub warn you? I mean really?

Archived