Brewers getting Archer 15%

Brewers getting Cobb 100%

Brewers getting Lynn 20%

Brewers getting Arrieta on a 5 year deal 15%

Brewers getting Arrieta on a 1 year deal 20%

Brewers dealing one of Aguilar, Broxton, Perez or Villar 85%

Brewers cutting one of Aguilar, Broxton, Perez or Villar 95%

Don't yell at me. I have feelings too.

So if Cobb is 100%, does that mean they may add one of those other guys in addition to Cobb? I would tend to assume that they wouldn't add Lynn after signing Cobb so I'll assume Cobb is 95% and Lynn is a smaller percent, but I get the general idea here.

Yes, it is still a possibility. Personally as you know and I know nothing is 100% till after it happens. But since I got crucified when I said Yelich was 95%.... In other words, read between the lines.

Since people like odds.

Santana being traded before opening day 0-10%

Brewers getting Lynn 20%

Does Cobb sign before end of week?

I would say 80% yes.

Since people like odds.

Brewers getting Lynn 20%

Do you have a feel for the contract offers Cobb is getting? I understand you probably don't want to share specifics and I'll get a yes/no answer, just curious if you have an inside track on the #'s.

Since people like odds.

Brewers getting Lynn 20%

Do you have a feel for the contract offers Cobb is getting? I understand you probably don't want to share specifics and I'll get a yes/no answer, just curious if you have an inside track on the #'s.

No, that is one thing that I don't have NOR will I ever have. You would get that from Rosenthal or Heyman before I ever would due to reasons I cannot say.

HH, odds on Neil Walker being our 2B?

10%

I have to think his contract would be pretty minimal based on team fits and FA in general. I can’t believe Stearns wouldn’t jump on a cheap way to upgrade what could be a weak bottom of order

I hope you're right HH. I'd love to see them sign Cobb, hold onto Santana and be able to get something, even if it's Lind-style "trade for teenagers" deals for Aguilar and Broxton.

I think Cobb is a great "bounceback" candidate in his second year back from TJ. If he signs, we would have a solid rotation which should be bolstered mid-season with Nelson returning, and we would have a very good lineup with Cain, Yelich, Braun, Shaw, Santana as our top five.

When one of our biggest problems is "how do we get PAs for all of the talented guys on the roster," I'm not going to complain too much.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Since people like odds.

Brewers getting Lynn 20%

I approve! That 75/4 price you put on cobb though... I'd even cringe a bit there.

The last 2 lines. 5 man bench: send down broxton keep sogard perez vogt thames aguilar (redundant) is possible. 4 man bench 8 man pen... 95% chance of cutting aguilar seems pretty legit.

If we get a ticket for aguilar I'd be very content. The idea of trading Villar sure is interesting. I thought he'd get another shot.

Does this mean there's nearly a certainty that ONE of these two will happen or that BOTH of these will happen?

Does this mean there's nearly a certainty that ONE of these two will happen or that BOTH of these will happen?

I take his cut comment to mean 95% one is traded or cut. It makes 0 sense to cut Villar or Broxton, Broxton could go to AAA and Villar is too dynamic with too much potential to simply cut. Aguilar or Perez make some sense to cut based on demand and Perez based on non-guaranteed salary.

Wow.. can't see them cutting Perez..

Yeah... I would really scratch my head at that. He platoons with sogard at 2b well... platoons with shaw at 3b well. Emergency OF and actually solid at it. Aside from Ks he seems like our kind of scrub. I'd rather play him at 1b than keep aguilar as a 3rd 1b.

It would actually sting me... and I've screamed "you aren't vlad, learn the strike zone!" at him.

I very highly doubt that happens, Perez is the exact type of the player the Brewers have always had. One of my favorite Brewers ever was Jerry Hairston Jr., now Jerry better than Perez, but very similar players. They like having the primo utility player, which I would consider Perez a top 10 utility player that can play any position in all of the MLB. Definitely wouldn't make any sense

Personally, I'm tired of "odds". I'd like to actually see something happen.

This offseasons kinda sucked. Winter hot stove was unproductive. Everythings dragged. At times it got interesting but its been too spread out. Make it interesting then move on.

Its like a fantasy redraft with a 4 day clock.

Personally, I'm tired of "odds". I'd like to actually see something happen.

I'm just tired of waiting. "Odds" provide a little point of interest/discussion while days go by with no Brewers trade/FA transactions.

Yeah... I would really scratch my head at that. He platoons with sogard at 2b well... platoons with shaw at 3b well. Emergency OF and actually solid at it. Aside from Ks he seems like our kind of scrub. I'd rather play him at 1b than keep aguilar as a 3rd 1b.

It would actually sting me... and I've screamed "you aren't vlad, learn the strike zone!" at him.

Yep. Aguilar would be the worst use of a roster spot ever. Some people like him because he hit a few clutch homers last year, but I'm not buying it. There's no reason to believe he's good. How does a guy his age, who does nothing at a replacement level except slugging, have an. 800 OPS in over 4000 minor league pa's and still deserve a roster spot on a team with playoff aspirations? It would be like giving a spot to Matt Clark.

Perez as an emergency RHB 1b is a better option due to his ability to play other positions, but I think they could easily sign a slugger to replace Aguilar on a minor league deal. I vote for Chris Carter if he's not mad about the way things ended. There must be other guys like him, too.

They like having the primo utility player, which I would consider Perez a top 10 utility player that can play any position in all of the MLB.

Every team should like that. It makes roster construction so much easier. I hated it when they lost Hairston after the 2011 season. Couldn't believe how many guys were making $8-10m or more and they couldn't scrounge together enough cash for him.

He can even pitch for god's sake.

Archived