Brewer Fanatic

Domingo Santana - round 2

If the Brewers land Arrieta or Cobb, what would people think of a prospect heavy deal for Santana to Arizona headlined around Pavin Smith?

I'd question why we were so interested in Pavin Smith.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HH just claimed the chances of a Santana trade dropped to zero. I wonder why. Makes me wonder if Thames or Aguilar is on the move.

Maybe Braun made a great scoop during practice today.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

HH just claimed the chances of a Santana trade dropped to zero. I wonder why. Makes me wonder if Thames or Aguilar is on the move.

Good!!

Now sign Walker and we'll have one of the best offenses in MLB.

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Shaw

Santana

Walker

Pina

Arcia

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If the Brewers land Arrieta or Cobb, what would people think of a prospect heavy deal for Santana to Arizona headlined around Pavin Smith?

Brewers loved Pavin Smith last year. He would have likely been picked if he was still available.

You want to headline a deal with a 22 year old first baseman that hit no home runs in 51 A ball games?

I would hope we aren't basing any decisions about anything off of 51 A ball games.

Brewers loved Pavin Smith last year. He would have likely been picked if he was still available.

Sure, but now?

Source says something is going to happen soon with our OF surplus. Don't know who or what is on the menu, but we will see.

HH just claimed the chances of a Santana trade dropped to zero.

Your source must know something HH source doesnt?

Source says something is going to happen soon with our OF surplus. Don't know who or what is on the menu, but we will see.

I know it's crazy but I'd still love to see Braun to LAD for Kemp and 2 Dubon level prospects.

Dealing Thames seems too risky and sell low at this point. Aguilar I can't imagine having genuine value. Leaves the trade to clear "glut" talk hard to figure out. Broxton or Phillips moving doesn't change anything. Not cain or yelich for sure.

You do know that other players not named Santana can be traded right?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Unless Santana isn't being traded and we're moving a different OF. Don't know any details.

You want to headline a deal with a 22 year old first baseman that hit no home runs in 51 A ball games?

I would hope we aren't basing any decisions about anything off of 51 A ball games.

If he wasn't a first round draft pick, you wouldn't be wanting him as a headliner. I'm not saying they shouldn't trade for him if they like him but talk about an underwhelming headliner for a premium offensive position.

Yes, Santana is the only one worth talking on.

Broxton isnt gonna get us anything.

Before end of week soon?

Because they are trading an OF for a free agent?

Could as easily be Broxton as Santana.

I'm not sure clearing out Broxton would be my definition of clearing the OF log jam. It would need to be either Santana or Braun to meet that definition personally.

Not trading Braun or Santana doesnt help with our OF logjam... And Braun isnt being traded.

Okay? :laughing It still could be what is exactly happening.

Sure, but now?

Most scouts feel the power will come for Smith. Not 25 HR type power - but more like 15 HR power. No HRs last year is certainly a concern, but the .400+ OBP is really attractive. He would be a little unconventional for a 1B - but it's not just about HRs for a corner IF. I would bet the team would be all over him if they got the chance - but that's just a guess.

Okay? :laughing It still could be what is exactly happening.

Haha yes... Oh definitely!

Archived