Brewer Fanatic

Misc. notes

As I noted on a different thread, be sure to check back regularly to the draft page for signing updates. I'm also still in the process of receiving information on the kids we selected, so be sure to keep your eyes open for profile & link updates as well.

An interesting note from the link on Joe Ayers/Zach Kohan:

Ayers and Kohan were among four Alaskans selected in this year's two-day draft, with three of the four picks going to the Brewers.

Former Dimond High School right-handed pitcher Brian Montalbo, a University of California-Berkeley junior, was picked in the seventh round by the Brewers on Tuesday, when the first 20 rounds of the 50-round draft took place. On Wednesday, former Wasilla High School right-handed pitcher Roy Friesen, who just finished his sophomore year at Columbia Basin Community College in Washington, was taken in the 33rd round by the Florida Marlins.

One reason for Milwaukee's interest in Alaska players is because one of the three main cross-checkers - upper-level scouts - for the Brewers is Tommy Allison, who attended Susitna Valley High School near Talkeetna and played American Legion baseball for Bartlett.

3 or 4 Alaskans selected were taken by the Brewers. This is like the board game Risk. We now have Alaska, and have a pretty firm hold on Arizona the past couple of years. We're taking over California in the Area Code games and both our GM & assistant GM are Canadians. If only we can use the Alaska bridge to take over the Pacific Rim, while continuing our efforts in Europe & South African, we could soon own the world...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

Speaking of Ayers, he's a very intriguing athlete, although it looks like we won't have a chance to sign him as a Stanford recruit.

The Braves have already signed their first 4 picks, 6 out of their top 7 & 10 out of their first 17. Amazing job by the Braves, as it's hard to find a better drafting team.

I personally think one of the biggest steals in the draft is going to be Brad Sullivan by the A's. They always seem to nab some dang good talent by being patient & letting the draft fall to them. Having Sullivan fall was a gift, and you know that out of all teams the A's know how to treat young pitching. For Brian, Robert & all of the A's disciples out there, I'm sure you'll be enjoying Sullivan in the starting rotation within a year or two.

KC did a great job signing their first two picks, Chris Lubanski & Mitch Maier, for a total of $3 million. They also landed talented college OF prospect Shane Costa & Puerto Rican 3B Miguel Vega, whom was rumored to be their projected 2nd first round pick. IMO, a good draft for the Royals, at least early.

don't forget our strongholds in South Africa and Germany.

How could I forget DHonks?

If only we can use the Alaska bridge to take over the Pacific Rim, while continuing our efforts in Europe & South Africa, we could soon own the world..

Archived