Brewer Fanatic

2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

homer

Wanted to get some opinions. I pick 7th in my draft, with the pool of players available (due to keepers) I figure these could still be there when I pick and I am targeting them. Who do you like best?

George Springer

Jose Ramirez

Alex Bregman

Tommy Pham

Brian Dozier

Personally, I like Ramirez and Bregman best. Hope one of them is still available. Position flexibility to.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Wanted to get some opinions. I pick 7th in my draft, with the pool of players available (due to keepers) I figure these could still be there when I pick and I am targeting them. Who do you like best?

George Springer

Jose Ramirez

Alex Bregman

Tommy Pham

Brian Dozier

Personally, I like Ramirez and Bregman best. Hope one of them is still available. Position flexibility to.

Can you post the players you are keeping so we know what you have?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

George Springer

Jose Ramirez

Alex Bregman

Tommy Pham

Brian Dozier

Without any other details I'd take them in the following order:

Ramirez

Springer

Bregman

Dozier

Pham

George Springer

Jose Ramirez

Alex Bregman

Tommy Pham

Brian Dozier

I'm a bit different on this.

Dozier is a 2b HR/SB stud now you can rely on. He's done it 2 years in a row. Jose Ramirez fluke year?

George Springer. Quality no doubt, but less SBs than you want vs when he came up. This is why I give the nod to Dozier not just HRs at 2b but still 16SBs

Jose Ramirez-The multi-position gets him here and you hope the HRs are staying but don't be surprised if 10-12 end up your HR total from him.

Tommy Pham and Alex Bregman don't excite over the other three. 3b for Bregman his stats aren't special. SBs aren't something he came up with doing and that would eliminate quite a bit from the value he appears at this stage.

Pham is like Ramirez, doesn't have the history to back up the HRs or SBs he posted last season. Just think these two won't live up to your expectations when selecting them 1st.

Dozier and Springer are no doubts at the return you will get.

George Springer

Jose Ramirez

Alex Bregman

Tommy Pham

Brian Dozier

The consensus seems to be to ignore Pham and Bregman, and I agree. Pham doesn't seem like anythign special, and 3b is so stacked that you surely can find a better 3b.

I assume Ramirez offers positional flexibility, he's especially valuable if you play in a league that counts strikeouts. I'm not sure I buy he's a 30 HR hitter though. Probably more of a 20/20 guy...but a near lock for over 300. I like Dozier a lot, but he'll be 31. Not that that's old, but he's past his peak physical years. Slightly more risk and less upside with him than the other 2. Springer hits in the best lineup of the 3, so he'd probably be best for counting stats...but as noted you won't get the 15-20 sb from him as you will the other 2. I don't think there's a definitive answer, might depend on what stats you target and your team composition. Since you have Betts, I'd be inclined to avoid Springer. I personally would take Ramirez and not think twice but I understand the arguments for the other players.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
advice anyone? Keeper league. My 1b are Matt Carpenter and Logan Morrison (puke). My SS options are Corey seager, Tim Anderson and Dansby Swanson. Have an offer to trade Seager straight up for Rhys Hoskins. Thoughts?>

Hope you treated.

• 2 weeks later...
So I am already so far behind in last place that I am building for next year in this keeper league. I made that trade 1 day before it was announced he needed TJ surgery. I felt bad, because I knew he had an arm issue. So I agreed to take him back, and give the other owner Hoskins back, but I got Nick Senzel in addition as consideration. Im fine with that.

Puke! I would not want any more than like four of those players tops. That team will not compete today, tomorrow or even next year.

An update on the team that you puked on.

Currently, the team is in 3rd place. He has used up about 50 more innings than he should of at this point in the season, but he had a great draft, made a trade or two, and is doing pretty well.

This is an extremely active league, not a bunch of sluff off dead teams. He took a team with issues, and turned it into a competitive team. He is a smart owner. He checks in every day, uses the waiver wire to his advantage, and is very active in trade talks.

He won't win the league this year, but if he continues building the team up with solid drafts, it won't be too long before he will have a shot. I'm guessing he still finishes in the top half this year.

So, yeah...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 2 months later...

Trade I’ve been offered...

My Matt Chapman and David Peralta for his Goldie and Xander. Here’s the rub... Chapman and Peralta keep forever and Goldie and Xander do not.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived