Brewer Fanatic

Trevor Bauer

Jkromb
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is a team like Cleveland who is in the Championship hunt wanting to trade away pitching?

I thought the initial-wisdom was that they could offload salary to trade for Machado but it's getting a little late in the offseason for that to be likely now. I would imagine the window with Cleveland closes pretty fast in the next couple of days.

The guy has been cool with fans too...why demonize him..he is talented..isn't that the number 1 thing you want from a player, is his production? There are plenty of buttholes in the world of sports, some just don't get publicity like his remarks did...and there is a reason his and certain other ones get that.

I wonder how many fans out there today would have been totally against a hall of famer like say..Curt Schilling joining the Brewers when he was in his prime, knowing what we now know about his views... hypothetical obviously

I'm not interested in the politics of a player.

I'm interested in what he does on the field and in the clubhouse.

The guy has been cool with fans too...why demonize him..he is talented..isn't that the number 1 thing you want from a player, is his production? There are plenty of buttholes in the world of sports, some just don't get publicity like his remarks did...and there is a reason his and certain other ones get that.

I wonder how many fans out there today would have been totally against a hall of famer like say..Curt Schilling joining the Brewers when he was in his prime, knowing what we now know about his views... hypothetical obviously

We are in the minority I guess bud, or so it feels..anyways this thread is a cancer to me, no escape from this crap anywhere.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I would agree that the #1 thing that should matter in player acquisition would be talent. I would also say that I wouldn't care about the political leanings of the players on my team, either as a fan or a GM. I also don't even care if the player is maybe kind of a jerk. Bauer (from what I've seen) maybe stretches that line a bit. Telling people on twitter to kill themselves is crossing a line that I'm sure most people aren't comfortable with, and really shows a pretty rough lack of character. What kind of clubhouse presence is this guy? What kind of community presence will he be? How will he react if he has 4-5 really rough outings in a row, and starts getting boo'd by the home town fans? That stuff doesn't matter nearly as much as talent, but it does matter.

If I have player A and player B, and the talent level is roughly the same, and player B brings a bit of baggage that has people questioning what kind of person they are, then that's where that kind of stuff should come into play. Are there these kinds of questions around Archer or Darvish, Cobb, or Lance Lynn? I know the talent level is not the same across all these guys, but you (as a GM) have to decide how much that stuff matters in your acquisition cost. It has to be part of the formula at least.

Well stated RoCoBrewfan. That’s my general feelings as well. It isn’t the viewport, it’s the destruction of words towards others that scared me off. He seems like a perfect candidate to get rid of social media or at least the interaction with his “haters”.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I spent last night reading a bunch of articles on Bauer and watching interviews with him. If you can read between the lines, two things jump right out.

1) Buaer is an an incredibly arrogant jackass.

2) I don't think many of his teammates would be very upset if the Indians got rid of him.

I spent last night reading a bunch of articles on Bauer and watching interviews with him. If you can read between the lines, two things jump right out.

2) I don't think many of his teammates would be very upset if the Indians got rid of him.

Ok, again, this is your opinion.. We get it. You don't like the guy. Unless there's something else you want to say besides the fact that you don't like him, maybe just stay away from the thread?

Seems to be causing you lots of stress if he invokes that kind of response from you.

100% agree. Politics has no business on the athletic field.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Ok, again, this is your opinion.. We get it. You don't like the guy. Unless there's something else you want to say besides the fact that you don't like him, maybe just stay away from the thread?

Seems to be causing you lots of stress if he invokes that kind of response from you.

Anyway, the whole point is team chemistry is AS important as talent. And it's something no algorithm can quantify. Would anyone have been happy if Gary Sheffield had come back to the Brewers at any point? And I still feel that last year's team won far more games than they should have due to the team chemistry. And a jerk like this can completely destroy that. I've seen it. I've experienced it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This thread doesn't appear to be going anywhere good. I'm locking it until some actual Trevor Bauer news comes out.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived