Brewer Fanatic

Trevor Bauer

Jkromb
If he was doing his own thing and was a Cy Young caliber pitcher, he's doing something right. But doing his own thing has led him from being the third pick in the draft to being a mid-rotation starter that's on the precipice of being a non-tender candidate. MAYBE he might be better if he listened to someone else.

Excuse me, where did you get the idea that Bauer was a close to being a non-tender candidate?

He is currently waiting for his arbitration hearing and both submitted figures are significantly under the MLBTR projection of $7.7MM (Bauer's side = $6.25MM, Tribe at $5.3MM)..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he was doing his own thing and was a Cy Young caliber pitcher, he's doing something right. But doing his own thing has led him from being the third pick in the draft to being a mid-rotation starter that's on the precipice of being a non-tender candidate. MAYBE he might be better if he listened to someone else.

Excuse me, where did you get the idea that Bauer was a close to being a non-tender candidate?

He is currently waiting for his arbitration hearing and both submitted figures are significantly under the MLBTR projection of $7.7MM (Bauer's side = $6.25MM, Tribe at $5.3MM)..

I was wondering this same thing, so I Googled it.. There was a mention of it that he COULD be a non tender.. But that's about it.

He's a mid-rotation starter on ANY team. And my only problem with him is that he refuses to let anyone help him get better, that he thinks he knows more than anyone else. Yes, he's talented. But his talent should be leading to far greater success.

One of the main keys to the Brewer's success last season was the team chemistry. They guys looked they actually liked playing together and were having fun. And everything I have read, and continue to read about Bauer makes me think that he would be a major disruption to that. Regardless of how talented he is.

And MAYBE he would. We can do this all day long.

All I'm saying is if he was having overwhelming success, then he knows what he's doing. If all he's doing is treading water, then MAYBE it might be beneficial to listen to other people. That he refuses to even entertain the idea of listening to anyone offering help just reinforces that we shouldn't have him anywhere near the team.

"I know what I'm doing and what's best for me, even though it isn't working great."

Woah you sure showed me, and no we can't do this all day long, I WORK.

He's a mid-rotation starter on ANY team. And my only problem with him is that he refuses to let anyone help him get better, that he thinks he knows more than anyone else. Yes, he's talented. But his talent should be leading to far greater success.

One of the main keys to the Brewer's success last season was the team chemistry. They guys looked they actually liked playing together and were having fun. And everything I have read, and continue to read about Bauer makes me think that he would be a major disruption to that. Regardless of how talented he is.

Real disruption to a team that almost won a world series...and had a 20+ game winning streak.. I hope the Brewers can get that kinda disruption

After further review, Bauer is too big of a tool for me to ever want to see in a Brewers uniform. Hard pass. Just because of the way he speaks to people. Hard, hard pass. (If there even is a deal to be had with him in it)

I just looked through an entire year of tweets and I didn’t find anything bad. I’m pretty sure I have heard worse things from 90% of members here. :rolleyes

Everyone can drop his political tweeting though. If you honestly think his tweets are a big deal you are getting way too emotionally involved with something that has nothing to do with throwing a baseball.

I just looked through an entire year of tweets and I didn’t find anything bad. I’m pretty sure I have heard worse things from 90% of members here. :rolleyes

Everyone can drop his political tweeting though. If you honestly think his tweets are a big deal you are getting way too emotionally involved with something that has nothing to do with throwing a baseball.

I looked down through pages of his tweets too, and I found nothing worth mentioning. Nothing at all.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

He's seemingly deleted all of his controversial tweets. It was more about the replies anyways, he was just really nasty to people in a way not befitting an adult millionaire professional athlete.

Again, has nothing to do with his actual political views.

If I'm making room for Clevenger. Salazar is still the guy is be moving Bauer gives u inngs Salazar hasn't shown he can do that. If he had been healthy Vs the Cubs they probably would have won that series.

The entire purpose of the Driveline facility he works out at is to use data driven research to improve your individual results instead of having the bias of a pitching coach try to fix it they look at every ounce of data and make it work. The facility has had so much success that they have partnered with numerous professional organizations including Bauer's current team. To say he doesn't listen to coaching is ridiculous, in fact the "personal pitching coach" you spoke of is paid by the Indians to work with other pitchers in the organization.

Another very fun aspect of all of this is that Driveline is heavily influence by Brewers pitching coach Derek Johnson and cites him often in their research and training programs. Can't imagine Trevor would have even an ounce of issue listening to Johnson.

Anyway, let's just take a second and realize that we have created a three page thread because a known parody account posted a picture of Jack Bauer on his timeline..

Edit.. Four pages!

We're all in withdrawal from the high of Yelich/Cain week :(

He's seemingly deleted all of his controversial tweets. It was more about the replies anyways, he was just really nasty to people in a way not befitting an adult millionaire professional athlete.

Again, has nothing to do with his actual political views.

It's called manners something lacking in the public sphere now a days.

Bauer has some real upside, and is younger and cheaper than Archer. He probably has a longer shelf life as well. He's had some stretches where he looks like a TOR pitcher. If Cleveland is looking to move Kipnis, I'd take him too. How about Santana, Villar and any minor leaguer not named Burnes or Hiura for the pair?

I looked down through pages of his tweets too, and I found nothing worth mentioning. Nothing at all.

Probably not going to find it. I read articles about him and his responses to people. Didn’t go on his twitter feed. And it’s not about his political stance or side for me. Every can have their own political opinions. It’s more about how he treated people in his responses.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And next season, that figure will go up to $8M-$10M. With another middling season, that puts him square in the non-tender category. Maybe I shouldn't use fancy words like "precipice."

Why is a team like Cleveland who is in the Championship hunt wanting to trade away pitching?

Because @BrewerWorld went skating last weekend. :laughing

LOL (literally!)

OK then.... I mean hey I'm a Domingo Santana fan, but the Indians trading away starting pitching to get Domingo is not likely to be the difference maker that wins them the World Series...

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Why is a team like Cleveland who is in the Championship hunt wanting to trade away pitching?

Because @BrewerWorld went skating last weekend. :laughing

LOL (literally!)

OK then.... I mean hey I'm a Domingo Santana fan, but the Indians trading away starting pitching to get Domingo is not likely to be the difference maker that wins them the World Series...

Indians are left hand hitting dominate & have several injury risks in the OF. Have 7 pitchers that are rotation worthy. Have a limited budget so on paper they are a decent match for the Crew.

And next season, that figure will go up to $8M-$10M. With another middling season, that puts him square in the non-tender category. Maybe I shouldn't use fancy words like "precipice."

Can a mod ban this twit please?

Anyway, let's just take a second and realize that we have created a three page thread because a known parody account posted a picture of Jack Bauer on his timeline..

Edit.. Four pages!

We're all in withdrawal from the high of Yelich/Cain week :(

I actually think Bauer makes more sense than Salazar for us.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Can a mod ban this twit please?

Speaking as a mod, it's getting really hard to keep up with all the jerks posting on here recently - and speaking frankly, the people clamoring for mod intervention have been some of the main culprits as far as escalating things. Only reason I've been able to keep up today is that I'm working on a lecture and have been at my computer. Literally deleted at least a dozen posts today alone simply because people have to get in the last word or because they lack the ability to act like an adult.

Ban hammer is coming for those that can't avoid excessive snark, condescension, and/or politics.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Bauer is a cost controlled, GB pitcher whose peripheral stats are trending in the right direction, and who would surely benefit from moving to the NL. He's exactly the kind of pitcher the Brewers should be targeting.

He also told someone on Twitter to go commit suicide, so maybe not:

"you're welcome to quit life. We won't miss you"

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/829909955679502338?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstorify.com%2FJoeNogaCLE%2Ftrevor-bauer-lights-twitter-on-fire-with-rant-abou%2Fembed%3Fheader%3Dfalse%26border%3Dfalse

I mean, it's a snide remark to someone who was being snide to him, but I have to wonder what kind of a human being says something that cruel to a stranger. I'm pretty sure that's the kind of thing that would get him banned from this and most message boards - rightfully. Amazingly, it's a year later and he hasn't deleted the tweet. If a was a front office guy, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my fans.

Archived