Brewer Fanatic

2018 Green Bay Packers Training Camp: Rodgers Extension Reportedly Done

pacopete4
  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bears getting Mack is annoying.

I agree. Bears are slowly putting a really good core in place. NFC North might be the best division in football.

Depending on the price, this may be the first major "swing and a miss" for Gute.

I mean I get it if the Bears give them two firsts because they would be better picks for the Raiders but if it’s something cheap, I’ll be ticked.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Bears getting Mack is annoying.

I agree. Bears are slowly putting a really good core in place. NFC North might be the best division in football.

Depending on the price, this may be the first major "swing and a miss" for Gute.

I mean I get it if the Bears give them two firsts because they would be better picks for the Raiders but if it’s something cheap, I’ll be ticked.

Rapoport saying it's two 1sts (assuming 2019 and 2020) plus more from the Bears.

If that's the case ... wow! Really mortgaging the future. Those could both potentially be at least mid 1st round picks.

I'm not even sure two firsts would have trumped the Bears' offer, as like others said, I'd put more money on the Bears picking in the 10-20 range than Green Bay. The Raiders probably were convinced of the same.

Yep. It probably takes 3 Packer 1sts to compare to 2 Bear 1sts.

I would have loved Mack and it's annoying to see him go to the Bears, but not annoying enough to give up that return AND figure out how to pay him.

Now if he had gone to the Vikes that would have sucked.

Plus when you're paying him $20M a season or so, that means you're relying even more on underpaid rookies filling out the rest of the roster, which the Packers then wouldn't have. Especially not when the Packers are still using high draft picks to erase the mistakes of high-draft picks like Rollins and Randall.

The Bears seem to be trying to model their new team after their '85 team.

The problem is you can't model a team after the 1985 Bears when the NFL essentially doesn't let you play defense in 2018. You can't hit, you can't rough up WRs.

You need some semblance of a defense but you need a QB more than anything and it's not even close.

They do though, they have 3 or 4 of them. :laughing

Jeff Janis was cut by the Browns.

If that doesn’t tell ya something.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Badger fans with pitch forks outside Lambeau after cutting Biegel.

Waters over a couple other CBs is a little interesting. Trevor Davis sticks, hes the returner.

They shopped him all day today. He's basically #53 right now. He's trash as a receiver, and while he's fast, he's skinny as a rail, and goes down easy in the return game. If they claim anyone, he's likely gone. Montgomery or one of the wideouts can return kicks, and Alexander or Cobb punts.

Waters over a couple other CBs is a little interesting. Trevor Davis sticks, hes the returner.

They been hyping him since last TC but he got hurt. Sam Shields type WR convert and has good size. They like him a ton

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't see how Mack takes them from a last place predicted finish in the division to Super Bowl contenders. They are putting a lot of faith in Trubisky to develop in a hurry.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hypothetically, let’s say Trubisky turns into a Top 10 QB in 2 years. That still gives the Bears a 2-year window with a QB on a rookie contract. The Ravens and Seahawks both won Super Bowls recently with stout defenses and QBs on rookie contracts (Philadelphia sort of falls in this category too). Likely? No. Possible? Sure.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hypothetically, let’s say Trubisky turns into a Too 10 QB in 2 years. That still gives the Bears a 2-year window with a QB on a rookie contract. The Ravens and Seahawks both won Super Bowls recently with stout defenses and QBs on rookie contracts (Philadelphia sort of falls in this category too). Likely? No. Possible? Sure.

Yes and I think that's what they are hoping for. But even with Mack is the Bears D as good as those two defenses? Front 7 maybe but I don't think in the backfield.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hypothetically, let’s say Trubisky turns into a Too 10 QB in 2 years. That still gives the Bears a 2-year window with a QB on a rookie contract. The Ravens and Seahawks both won Super Bowls recently with stout defenses and QBs on rookie contracts (Philadelphia sort of falls in this category too). Likely? No. Possible? Sure.

Yes and I think that's what they are hoping for. But even with Mack is the Bears D as good as those two defenses? Front 7 maybe but I don't think in the backfield.

Bears made it to Super Bowl with Rex Grossman..... good defenses can get you places

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived