Brewer Fanatic

2018 Green Bay Packers Training Camp: Rodgers Extension Reportedly Done

pacopete4

The Saints were a perennial 8-8 team until last season. I really don't care what they did last year in the NFL. With a QB that age they are one slip away from 4-12. They need to play with Atlanta and Carolina and a rising Tampa team. It's very conceivable to me that's a top 15 pick.

I'd put strong money down it's not 25-32.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saints a top pick? Apparently somebody wasn't watching Alvin Kamara last year.

I said a top 15 pick and said there is a decent chance they experience a drop off or injury at QB because the guy is 40 years old. I don't think it's all that controversial. This might be shocking to you, but the NFL standings can change drastically year to year and I simply think NO is a strong drop-off candidate.

Their franchise QB is 40, they play in a tough division, and Dallas and Green Bay were non-contenders a year and both missed star players for most of the season. The playoff field isn't going to be identical to what it was last year. The defending NFC champion, that most prognosticators still think is the class of the NFC, went 10-6 last year and finished third in that division.

The NFC is loaded, especially if GB and Dallas return to form. GB has been more consistent in contending than NO which went 7-9 for three years prior to 2017.

I don't think questioning how good the Saints actually are is unreasonable at all. Like the Packers with Rodgers last year, I think the Saints are masking a lot of problems with HOF-level QB play. If Brees misses any significant time, they're a top 10 pick-type team.

I don't think questioning how good the Saints actually are is unreasonable at all. Like the Packers with Rodgers last year, I think the Saints are masking a lot of problems with HOF-level QB play. If Brees misses any significant time, they're a top 10 pick-type team.

Kamara is a good RB, but he isn't going lead them to a winning record with someone like Taysom Hill at the controls. Just like most teams with top QBs, if they lose their #1, they will struggle to break .500. The Eagles were not the norm last year. Brees could quite possible pull a Peyton Manning and lose it at some point, too. The Saints probably have more question marks than the Packers at this point.

Personally, as a Packer fan, I am rooting for whoever is playing the Saints. I would never root for an injury, but I wouldn't mind if Brees started suddenly looking his age this year.

In looking at the playoff field from last season, if you asked me who won't be back, I'd probably say NO and CAR 1a and 1b. Again, the NFL can be nuts, but those two have had consistency issues.

The Vikings are also due for a 5-win season, just because that would be a Vikings thing to do, but they are loaded.

Jake Kumerow has some pretty awesome bloodlines

1. Dad Eric was 16th overall pick by the Dolphins as a linebacker

2. Mom is the sister of former 1st round pick John Bosa (Joey & Nicks dad) making him 1st cousins with them

3. Great Grandpa was a notorious Chicago mob boss, Tony Accardo or “Big Tuna” & “Joe Batters”

Just thought I’d share since soon I think he will move ahead of Allison as #3 receiver. Kid makes plays!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Kumerow is neat and I think he's played his way onto the team, but let's remember he's toasting practice squad players in preseason blowouts. He may be a special case because he's been around the league for a few years now, but he has a ways to go before he's a #3 wideout on Sundays.

Kumerow is neat and I think he's played his way onto the team, but let's remember he's toasting practice squad players in preseason blowouts. He may be a special case because he's been around the league for a few years now, but he has a ways to go before he's a #3 wideout on Sundays.

Rodgers, coaches, defensive players rave about him. He gets reps in camp everyday vs ones & does same. Most importantly, we have Adams & Cobb.... after that Allison & three rookies. Really how far away from #3 is he? To me, he is ahead of all 3 rookies & on Allison’s tail.

Rodgers raves about lots of things. Look, I think he's a great story and I'm not saying by any means he isn't going to be a really good player. He certainly looks the part, he's big, and he's a tremendous athlete. What's most shocking to me is that he didn't get offers from anyone but Whitewater. The guy just looks like an NFL player.

All I'm saying is that there are guys like this every year who end up doing nothing. Cobb is the most overrated player on the offense IMO. The guy hasn't hit 11 YPC in three years. He's been terrible since he got paid.

Rodgers raves about lots of things. Look, I think he's a great story and I'm not saying by any means he isn't going to be a really good player. He certainly looks the part, he's big, and he's a tremendous athlete. What's most shocking to me is that he didn't get offers from anyone but Whitewater. The guy just looks like an NFL player.

All I'm saying is that there are guys like this every year who end up doing nothing. Cobb is the most overrated player on the offense IMO. The guy hasn't hit 11 YPC in three years. He's been terrible since he got paid.

Kumrow started at Illinois (under Zook, ironically), then transferred to Whitewater.

Jake Kumerow has some pretty awesome bloodlines

1. Dad Eric was 16th overall pick by the Dolphins as a linebacker

2. Mom is the sister of former 1st round pick John Bosa (Joey & Nicks dad) making him 1st cousins with them

3. Great Grandpa was a notorious Chicago mob boss, Tony Accardo or “Big Tuna” & “Joe Batters”

Just thought I’d share since soon I think he will move ahead of Allison as #3 receiver. Kid makes plays!

Eric was the 16th overall pick in 1988 by the Dolphins. John was the 16th overall pick in 1987 by the Dolphins. Eric's career lasted three seasons and 42 games; John's career lasted three seasons and 31 games.

Eric's uncle, Mike Pyle, started 120 games for the Bears in the 1960's.

This is what I can’t stand about the Packers, the fascination with flawed talent. The entire league passed on Kumerow in the draft. Understandable coming from Whitewater. But then the Bengals cut him in September of 2015, 2016 and 2017. The Packers passed on him four times in three years before picking him up this past December. Its unlikely he has developed some skill set at 26 years old that was lacking the last three years.

The team singing the praises of a fringe NFL journeyman is more an indictment of the WR talent on their roster than a testament to Kumerow’s ability.

This is what I can’t stand about the Packers, the fascination with flawed talent. The entire league passed on Kumerow in the draft. Understandable coming from Whitewater. But then the Bengals cut him in September of 2015, 2016 and 2017. The Packers passed on him four times in three years before picking him up this past December. Its unlikely he has developed some skill set at 26 years old that was lacking the last three years.

Wes Welker, James Harrison, and Arian Foster are all examples of undrafted players who were cut by at least one team. Same with Kurt Warner. Sometimes all it takes is being in the right system which may be happening to Jake right now.

Anyone who goes to a DIII school is going to have a tremendous learning curve going to a NFL offense. Many D1 wideouts have a tremendous learning curve because they played in spread/hurry-up offenses where they didn't have to read coverages, they just looked to the sideline and ran whatever route was on the sign. The NFL is a whole different animal... they have to read coverages and learn how to adjust their routes and anticipate what the QB is reading. Usually takes a couple of years to do that.

Anyone who goes to a DIII school is going to have a tremendous learning curve going to a NFL offense. Many D1 wideouts have a tremendous learning curve because they played in spread/hurry-up offenses where they didn't have to read coverages, they just looked to the sideline and ran whatever route was on the sign. The NFL is a whole different animal... they have to read coverages and learn how to adjust their routes and anticipate what the QB is reading. Usually takes a couple of years to do that.

Exact reason why Baylor receivers dominate in college & most outside Gordon completely bust in NFL. Coleman being given away for nothing was a perfect example of that. WRs in certain systems learn nearly nothing about being a real WR. Coleman was said to be lost & struggled to adopt to the NFL style of play.

There are too many examples in NFL of guys like Kumerow rising up to write him off.

The team singing the praises of a fringe NFL journeyman is more an indictment of the WR talent on their roster than a testament to Kumerow’s ability.

Welcome to roster management with a franchise qb. This is how you have to build a bug portion of your roster when half your resources have to pay one guy.

I don't get the post though. The Packers actually liked Kumerow for a while but couldn't get him in. I don't see how giving him a flyer is some bad indictment. He's got loads more experience than the guys they drafted this year.

• 2 weeks later...
So why haven’t the Packers made a move for Mack yet?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Two main issue based around the major concern.... contract

1) You need to sign and trade for Mack. If you trade for him, you are giving up great assets. You want him for a longer than just one year & prefer not to have him just walk after a season. Raiders trading him won’t end his holdout, he wants a contract & wont play until he gets one

2) Packers hands are tied until Rodgers deal is done. You have no clue how much money you have to work with until the biggest contract in football is complete

Busy trading Pipkins for that scrub Colts LB.

Trading a guy that wasn't going to make the team to shore up a position that needed depth is hardly a bad thing.

I've heard through the grapevine that the Packers have made an offer for Mack. Ball is in the Raiders' hands now. Lots of competition out there. Packers refuse to give up both 2019 1st rounders, and that is what they suspect the Raiders want, plus a young player (Gruden likes Aaron Jones). We'll see if the price comes down as we get closer to the season.

If the Raiders really do like Aaron Jones, would you be ok with the Packers dealing him, with also having Ty Montgomery and Jamaal Williams also on the roster? I really liked how Jones looked last year, but for Mack I feel like he could be expendable. Aaron Jones + 2019 2nd Round Pick for Mack?

Archived