Brewer Fanatic

Noah Syndergaard

Jkromb

Huira

Burnes

Ortiz

Woodruff

Lutz/Dubon/Ray/Phillips

30 years of control of 55 rated prospects. No.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Like yeah, I get it, but it would be 5 years of a stud at like $5-10 million a year.. he is 24

4 years*

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

I highly doubt the Mets would trade him in the first place. They've got a decent core and he is a superstar out there. Even though it was a muscle injury, not a ligament, he's already lost a full season due to injury in his short career. You'd think he'll recover, but the league doesn't know yet. His motion is incredibly arm-dependent and explosive. This is not his last long term injury. Even though he's still in arbitration, its still not as locked in and cheap as an Archer for instance. Our top 5 is way too much for 4 years.

I'm depending on Stearns to make better decisions than saying, "Hey, lets trade our top 5 for an injury prone pitcher, otherwise we won't ever win a WS."

-Zack Greinke

Knebel, Santana, and Davies?

Also no thank you. We'd lose too much production this year when we are trying to contend from proven players. We need a good pen and Knebel is a bullpen ace. It'd be a step back, in terms of building the team.

They've got Cespedes and Conforto in the corner OF spots and Dominic Smith at 1b. They have no need for Shomingo.

If anything the Mets would be looking to get MORE pitching. Their position players are pretty solid but they have a crap depth in their rotation.

-Zack Greinke

First, I don't think there's a chance in hell the Mets would trade him but for the sake of argument let's assume that our top 3 prospects in some order are Woodruff, Burnes and Hiura. After that it's some combination of Ray, Grisham, Phillips, Lutz, Dubon, Peralta, Erceg and Ortiz.

I honestly don't think the Mets would even consider an offer of our top 5 prospects, especially since we don't have that one headliner to lead a deal.

The Braves could headline a deal using Acuna then dip down to a couple of pitching prospects like Kyle Wright, Ian Anderson and Luiz Gohara. I would take three of those players over our top 5 prospects.

Toronto could headline a deal with Guerrero Jr.

Washington could headline a deal with Victor Robles.

The Dodgers could headline a deal with Buehler and Verdugo.

Houston could headline a deal with Whitley and Tucker.

The Yankees could headline a deal with Torres and Sheffield.

The Rockies could headline a deal with Rodgers and McMahon.

Even the Twins could use Royce Lewis and Nick Gordon if they wanted to.

Point I'm trying to make is the Mets will justifiably ask for every teams' top few prospects, pretty much every team would be interested in acquiring Syndergaard and there are several teams that would be able to make better offers than us and I think at minimum one of the teams listed above would be willing to part with several of their top prospects, which are better than ours for four years of Syndergaard.

I actually think the Mets would PASS if we offered them ANY five players at the MLB level for him, not just prospects.

No they wouldn’t, that is being a bit extreme. Arcia, Yelich, Knebel, Nelson, and Anderson/Shaw. Telling me they keep him over that? Yah...nah.

I actually think the Mets would PASS if we offered them ANY five players at the MLB level for him, not just prospects.

No they wouldn’t, that is being a bit extreme. Arcia, Yelich, Knebel, Nelson, and Anderson/Shaw. Telling me they keep him over that? Yah...nah.

He's right you know? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :laughing

Archived