Brewer Fanatic

When does the first of the big 4 SP sign?

It is getting ridiculous(anyone else hate spelling this word?) that we are nearing Pitchers/Catchers report and still top 4 FA SPs YET to be signed! I mean, it's a life change happening to this player, who will need to find a new home, sell? of old home and such. I don't know that I want my SP worrying on that leading up to beginning the season, one that you would hope if very successful in the initial starts, since you just committed a boatload of money for said player.

Oh, edit add....Maybe that is a leading why to Darvish back with Texas rumors.

It's not just pitchers - there's a TON of quality position players still on the market too. Seems like everything is hanging on the pitchers (primarily Darvish) signing. I wish things would start happening fast though, this is getting old.

After or before the Super Bowl would be a good Vegas bet right now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is that you John Madden?

Yeah, his post was strangely worded, but if you phrase it as:

"Will the first of the big 4 SP sign before the Super Bowl kicks off?"

Yes -120

No -120

Or whatever, you get the point.

I think that Darvish will sign on Friday. This free agent season has been strange. I can see why the top players are all hanging around waiting for Darvish to sign but what is happening with everyone else? Set up bullpen guys signed early and for more $$ than expected. A few 4th starter type guys have signed. But almost everyone else is just waiting. Even the Walker and Nunez type folks.

Is that you John Madden?

Yeah, his post was strangely worded, but if you phrase it as:

"Will the first of the big 4 SP sign before the Super Bowl kicks off?"

Yes -120

No -120

Or whatever, you get the point.

now-heres-a-guy-who-makes-jokes-that-are-funny.jpg

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

When the Brewers trade for Archer and sign Darvish on Thursday night, the dominoes will begin to fall.

[sarcasm]As much as it would be fun, I'm not sure the boards could take another "they're taking my prospects away from me" meltdown.[/sarcasm]

To me, it is apparent that Darvish is waiting on something else to occur before signing. This to me screams, the Dodgers and them trying to clear payroll to sign him. If it were the Cubs, Rangers or Twins, his signing should have been completed by now. Darvish certainly won't wait forever, but I firmly believe he is a Dodger if they can clear payroll. This will drag out until the very last second.

Archived