Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Matt Albers - 2 year deal

KeithStone53151
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm puzzled why they're not considering a couple minor league rehab appearances for albers.

Maybe they know what sucks and rehab won't help? Only half blue.

Could be a thing where they pitch Peralta on Wednesday and send him down after the game and bring Albers up.... Peralta gets 10 days off, and Albers is the "game is out of hand" pitcher to eat inning(s).

For that matter if Guerra doesn't look better tonight, maybe they DL him again for 10 days and same scenario with Albers.

It'd be huge if he can deliver.

Yeah, hopefully his poor play was injury-related and he can come back strong for us down the stretch.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I'm really surprised they're bringing him back up already when this was an obvious stash DL move.

Do they have a choice? Right now the pen is Jeffress, Hader, Burnes and dynamite. If Albers can be anything close to effective, it's worth taking a look.

Well, Soria should be back this weekend.

Williams has looked better since coming back, got a little burned by some bad luck. As long as it's not against a lefty I feel very confident in him.

Same with Jennings the other way, although I have a little less confidence there, evidenced by last night. I wonder if Counsell would ever consider pairing them up with the strategy of stashing one in the OF for one AB and bringing him back in for the next guy.

But yeah, if you can get pre-June Albers back it would be big.

Archived