Brewer Fanatic

Where is Domingo Going?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Domingo to be traded to an American League Team. Possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Hey weren't you going ice fishin? :laughing

Yes. This will be my last post till Tuesday. 1 more “hot” smaller trade is in the works besides the Domingo trade per my source. I’m out. Go Brewers!!!

I don’t know much about Salazar. Is he a solid #2 type pitcher, or does he have a higher ceiling than that?

I think he has top 10 in the league potential. Elite stuff. Said it in another thread, but he reminds me a lot of Scherzer in his early Detroit days, pitching decently well but waiting to break out. Scherzer did it at age 28, which happens to be the same age Salazar is now. Numbers are similar.

Salazar is cheaper over next 3 years but then is FA I believe. You pay more for Archer but get him for four. Similar pitchers really. Salazar is more risky due to him never pitching all that many innings. Archer gives you 200 IPs a year. He sucks third time around but we have guys like Hader who can go multiple innings if need be

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Yes. This will be my last post till Tuesday. 1 more trade is in the works besides the Domingo trade per my source. I’m out. Go Brewers!!!

Wow. No clue about the second trade.

Salazar is a solid #2 pitcher. The problem with him is durability. He's only pitched > 140 innings once and it was in 2015.

What about Manea as a possible option? He'd fit in well considering he's a lefty, too. Young guy with tons of upside and has team control thru 2022.

I'll be in the Molitor Lot by the Corn Hole with a Colt 45 and 2 Zig-Zags.

Thing that doesn't make sense with Tampa is that if they're trading 4 years of controlled Archer then they're not really bothering trying to win, so why do they really want a MLB ready guy like Santana?

I agree with this about Archer/Santana. It's a filling one hole to create another. And I think they need Archer much more than they need Santana.

All that said, I'm not sure what they think of Santana. I wonder if Santana, Woodruff and other pieces would work. Just thinking out loud.

For what it's worth, I heard that Tampa did not like Brinson as a centerpiece of an Archer deal. They had concerns about his hit tool.

Same logic would likely apply to KC actually. Cle really looks like the most sense and Houston after that, and of course stearns has his connections there

Yes. This will be my last post till Tuesday. 1 more trade is in the works besides the Domingo trade per my source. I’m out. Go Brewers!!!

Phillips or Broxton, likely. Assuming of course they're not involved directly in the Santana deal.

Just please don't trade Burnes...future ace material or at least 6 years of a very solid #3 starter

Totally agree with you, but at this point obviously no prospect is safe. Id love to see how stearns orders our guys.

Guess would be 2B related. Or something minor like a relief P, or just moving out Broxton for whatever you can get.

stroman and devon travis

What would that look like?

I imagine Stroman would be Santana and Burnes at least. Maybe Santana straight up for Travis?

The Blue Jays have Devon Travis on the bench right now behind Yangervis Solarte and Tulo. He's their Villar

Phillips or Broxton, likely. Assuming of course they're not involved directly in the Santana deal.

That would be my guess as well, with the other guy staying as the likely 4th OF.

Wonder if Odorizzi is a potential target in a Santana deal? Not a #1 guy, but a solid #2-3. Plus, they might deal him straight up for Domingo.

I don’t know much about Salazar. Is he a solid #2 type pitcher, or does he have a higher ceiling than that?

I think he has top 10 in the league potential. Elite stuff. Said it in another thread, but he reminds me a lot of Scherzer in his early Detroit days, pitching decently well but waiting to break out. Scherzer did it at age 28, which happens to be the same age Salazar is now. Numbers are similar.

Guy just needs to stay on mound essentially. He is electric. His K Rates and %'s are insane. It's been pointed out he was off last year but I think he could have lost faith in his fast ball a bit. That is a huge part of his game as a power arm who has awesome change up. His usage of it free fell and he relied way more on change up than he has before in hid career. His fastball was down around 8% while change jumped up 8%. He continues to throw his curve more and more (his 4th pitch).

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Yes. This will be my last post till Tuesday. 1 more “hot” smaller trade is in the works besides the Domingo trade per my source. I’m out. Go Brewers!!!

High Heat, you ROCK, dude! Thanks very much for your contributions here

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

What about Manea as a possible option? He'd fit in well considering he's a lefty, too. Young guy with tons of upside and has team control thru 2022.

Big fan of Manaea. I saw someone throw out Oakland as a good match on Twitter, though they proposed Kendall Graveman which I would be less excited about.

Wonder if Odorizzi is a potential target in a Santana deal? Not a #1 guy, but a solid #2-3. Plus, they might deal him straight up for Domingo.

Are we looking to reverse the Greinke trade one player at a time?

Are we looking to reserve the Greinke trade one player at a time?

Ha, that thought crossed my mind. But no, I was more looking at the pitchers out there we could theoretically acquire for Santana without having to add more top prospects.

I've been searching for an AL fit and seriously the idea on Salazar is the only one. In no way would I trade him for Duffy and his contract. Whit Merrifield does not remotely close the gap on that trade value.

The upside SPs but not proven as much the likes of Clevinger, Aaron Sanchez, Michael Fullmer, or Sean Manaea, I kinda fail to see the impact on them improving the rotation while giving up Santana. I imagine 1 of them will be better than a #3 in the future, but you're kinda looking at #4s at current value. I don't get how you add Yelich, Cain, trade Santana, and these names are the end of your big 24hours?

Dylan Bundy from Baltimore? While I think he would fall in to the same category above, you do have that he was the 4th pick in his draft and he improved, you can sell on his upside that he's going to also be better in the next 4 years and last year was a beginning towards that.

Really a small market for him to get pitching.

I've been searching for an AL fit and seriously the idea on Salazar is the only one. In no way would I trade him for Duffy and his contract. Whit Merrifield does not remotely close the gap on that trade value.

The upside SPs but not proven as much the likes of Clevinger, Aaron Sanchez, Michael Fullmer, or Sean Manaea, I kinda fail to see the impact on them improving the rotation while giving up Santana. I imagine 1 of them will be better than a #3 in the future, but you're kinda looking at #4s at current value. I don't get how you add Yelich, Cain, trade Santana, and these names are the end of your big 24hours?

Dylan Bundy from Baltimore? While I think he would fall in to the same category above, you do have that he was the 4th pick in his draft and he improved, you can sell on his upside that he's going to also be better in the next 4 years and last year was a beginning towards that.

What is wrong with Duffy's contract?

Way too much money. Can sign a FA for that and keep Santana.

Absolutely nothing. Contract peaks at $15.5 Million in his final year and, in 2017, he was a >3 win pitcher in less than 150 innings. Fangraphs had him at a $27 Million value in 2017 fwiw.

If we got Duffy and Merrifield for Santana, we'd win in a major way. That's 6.5 fWAR of production out of positions we need. I see very little shot that happens.

Way too much money. Can sign a FA for that and keep Santana.

What pitcher is going to sign a four year, $60 million dollar contract with us? I feel like the main pitchers left will get more than that.

Archived