Brewer Fanatic

Where is Domingo Going?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Domingo to be traded to an American League Team. Possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Please tell me he's headed to Tampa?

Archer

Anderson

Davies

Chacin

Woodruff

Nelson coming back

HOLY ****!!

I know that is better than in the past, but that rotation is still missing a real TOR starter. That isn't enough to push us past the Cubs, or the other big boys in the NL for sure. Archer is a NO for me, just don't see what all the fuss is about with him. High K's, that is great, but his ERA is trending in the wrong direction the past two years. I don't want the guy.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

But power hitters are very valuable.

Power hitters are probably the least valuable they have ever been actually.

so true. The brewers could get Mark reynolds or lucas duda on a minor league contract at this point and add a 30 hr threat. There's no shortage of power in the league at all. The real scarcity right now is on high obp guys with a hit tool that don't strike out. Good news! the brewers added two of the best tonight.

Archer

Anderson

Davies

Chacin

Woodruff

Nelson coming back

HOLY ****!!

I know that is better than in the past, but that rotation is still missing a real TOR starter. That isn't enough to push us past the Cubs, or the other big boys in the NL for sure. Archer is a NO for me, just don't see what all the fuss is about with him. High K's, that is great, but his ERA is trending in the wrong direction the past two years. I don't want the guy.

You dont think DJ can help correct Archer?

Seems like teams are waiting for Darvish to pick his team to trade any starters away. That would/could leverage a better offer. The remaining top FAs after Darvish all have draft pick compensation tied to them as well. More teams will be looking at the trade market.

I expect Darvish to make a decision by the end of the weekend (likely tomorrow).

I'll be in the Molitor Lot by the Corn Hole with a Colt 45 and 2 Zig-Zags.

Archer

Anderson

Davies

Chacin

Woodruff

Nelson coming back

HOLY ****!!

By your definition, there are what, maybe 3-4 TOR starters in existence?

Plan C: Santana Davies to package for Archer

Plan D: Yu Darvish

Y. Darvish

C. Archer

J. Nelson

C. Anderson

J. Chacin

by All-Star break.....I think I could live with that....yup I definitely could live with that!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Seems like teams are waiting for Darvish to pick his team to trade any starters away. That would/could leverage a better offer. The remaining top FAs after Darvish all have draft pick compensation tied to them as well. More teams will be looking at the trade market.

I expect Darvish to make a decision by the end of the weekend (likely tomorrow).

I know that HH has said that Darvish isn't coming to the Brewers, but I do kind of wonder if today's moves is making Yu rethink his stance on the prospect of being the team's ace?

Smoke seems to be around Archer, so that's my guess. I still maintain that Cleveland makes too much sense, though.

What does Toronto need/have? Santana seems like their kind of guy.

stroman and devon travis

What would that look like?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Smoke seems to be around Archer, so that's my guess. I still maintain that Cleveland makes too much sense, though.

stroman and devon travis

Say goodbye to 3 or 4 more of our TOP prospects, plus Domingo. Probably Burnes, Woodriff for sure, plus two other bats. Maybe more.

Houston is looking at Evan Gattis and ??? for their DH spot and they have some SP to spare. They will lose some of those SP over the next couple years to free agency but for 2018 they have extra.

Santana would almost have to go to a team looking to compete. He doesn't have the control for a rebuilding team so Tampa Bay doesn't make sense to me. Houston, Toronto, and Cleveland look like the best fits for him ignoring what they have or could give up.

stroman and devon travis

I imagine Stroman would be Santana and Burnes at least. Maybe Santana straight up for Travis?

Say goodbye to 3 or 4 more of our TOP prospects, plus Domingo. Probably Burnes, Woodriff for sure, plus two other bats. Maybe more.

So say Domingo, Burnes, Peralta and Stokes?

If that is all it took, I would make that deal immediately.

So say Domingo, Burnes, Peralta and Stokes?

plus another bat, possibly even Phillips. Maybe Erceg, Dubon, Ray (no big loss), Trent Clark (Grisham)

It would be ugly.

Thing that doesn't make sense with Tampa is that if they're trading 4 years of controlled Archer then they're not really bothering trying to win, so why do they really want a MLB ready guy like Santana? Probably why Cleveland makes most sense. But of course anything is possible.

Also for the one who recently said he wasn't sold on Archer. Yes, I know the ERA isn't great. But the eye test on his stuff supports him. I also think his advanced stats support that the ERA is unlucky. I believe his velocity is still as good as it was and his K rate is great. But the big one is 4 years of control for ages 29-32 at a mere 8 mil per year. He's the dream for a small market team like us. Switch him to the NL and see what he can do.

Archer MLB ranks, 2014-17...

Games Started (133, 1st), Innings Pitched (809, 6th), fWAR (16.2, 12th), RA9-WAR (12.0, 29th).

The results not matching his peripherals the last two seasons bothers me, especially since TB is generally a pretty good defensive team & because Tropicana is a much better pitcher's park than Miller Park.

At the same time he'd be leaving the AL East so that should help mitigate things somewhat.

Still think TB's spot on the win curve makes them less likely to be interested in Domingo as a headliner with Cleveland on paper seeming like a better match since they are set to win now.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thing that doesn't make sense with Tampa is that if they're trading 4 years of controlled Archer then they're not really bothering trying to win, so why do they really want a MLB ready guy like Santana?

I agree with this about Archer/Santana. It's a filling one hole to create another. And I think they need Archer much more than they need Santana.

All that said, I'm not sure what they think of Santana. I wonder if Santana, Woodruff and other pieces would work. Just thinking out loud.

For what it's worth, I heard that Tampa did not like Brinson as a centerpiece of an Archer deal. They had concerns about his hit tool.

Archer MLB ranks, 2014-17...

Games Started (133, 1st), Innings Pitched (809, 6th), fWAR (16.2, 12th), RA9-WAR (12.0, 29th).

The results not matching his peripherals the last two seasons bothers me, especially since TB is generally a pretty good defensive team & because Tropicana is a much better pitcher's park than Miller Park.

At the same time he'd be leaving the AL East so that should help mitigate things somewhat.

Still think TB's spot on the win curve makes them less likely to be interested in Domingo as a headliner with Cleveland on paper seeming like a better match since they are set to win now.

Santana is cheap and has several years of control. Also, he could be flipped at any time to a contender for a haul at the deadline. Don't discount that idea.

Archived