Brewer Fanatic

Where is Domingo Going?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland makes a lot of sense as a team that could really us a RHB OF in the near term (as opposed to a pure prospect in a rebuild) and that has excess SP to trade.

I don't totally understand why they would trade an ace pitcher like Salazar, and I'm not sure if Santana is enough of a return anyways (happy to be proved wrong), but something like Santana for Mike Clevinger would be nice enough.

Brewers added another RH bat in Cain, so they need more LH balance in addition to pitching. Cleveland needs RH bats.

Santana to Cleveland for Salazar, Kipnis, and a prospect.

If Cleveland makes that trade its because they believe Kipnis is never going to play again.

I think they'll move Santana and Broxton for a starting pitcher, but I wouldn't be surprised if they moved them for more minor league prospects to replenish things. Of course, I predicted that'd move both after last season, so I'm still holding to that. I'd prefer to have Phillips as a 4th OF for now, playing each spot. Villar can serve as 5th OF

Brewers added another RH bat in Cain, so they need more LH balance in addition to pitching. Cleveland needs RH bats.

If Cleveland makes that trade its because they believe Kipnis is never going to play again.

Not even then... Talk about over valuing you items..

I can see why people believe DSantana as a righty is a fit for Cleveland (since they appear to have a surplus in starting pitching) & yes it makes a lot of sense for 2019 & beyond, but no one has clarified where DSantana plays in Cleveland in 2018. I think most assume he is on the field as someone else is out due to injury but if people are healthy (& producing), who does he replace in a FT role?

Not Zimmer in CF. Not Brantley in LF. Not Yonder at 1B (since DSantana doesn't play there).

Not at DH as EE is there (unless Edwin plays 1B & that weakens the infield D) which puts a small market team placing its largest FA signing on the bench.

Does he replace Chisenhall in RF? That would mean over $5M being put onto the bench (again a very tough thing for a small market club to do) or he platoons as the right handed part (which seems strange as DSantana is solid vs RHP).

The ONLY reason the Tribe picked up & paid Jay Bruce in August 2017 was the injuries to Chiz & Brantley. When Chiz got hurt in July he was leading the Tribe in RBI. Sadly many Cleveland fans saw Bruce on the team & his part of the long winning streak & believe much more offense is needed to be replaced this off-season...

Perhaps more fire there. Seeing on MLBTR that Nationals are making a play for JT Realmuto.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/nationals-pursuing-j-t-realmuto.html

Could the Crew be making another play for Mejia to solve the catching situation??

Domingo is the expendable and valuable trade chip we have right now. Would prefer him be used to shore up pitching this year, unless of course we decide to destroy the payroll with a FA pitcher. In that case, fire away with Mejia.

Not even then... Talk about over valuing you items..

I can see why people believe DSantana as a righty is a fit for Cleveland (since they appear to have a surplus in starting pitching) & yes it makes a lot of sense for 2019 & beyond, but no one has clarified where DSantana plays in Cleveland in 2018. I think most assume he is on the field as someone else is out due to injury but if people are healthy (& producing), who does he replace in a FT role?

Not Zimmer in CF. Not Brantley in LF. Not Yonder at 1B (since DSantana doesn't play there).

Not at DH as EE is there (unless Edwin plays 1B & that weakens the infield D) which puts a small market team placing its largest FA signing on the bench.

Does he replace Chisenhall in RF? That would mean over $5M being put onto the bench (again a very tough thing for a small market club to do) or he platoons as the right handed part (which seems strange as DSantana is solid vs RHP).

The ONLY reason the Tribe picked up & paid Jay Bruce in August 2017 was the injuries to Chiz & Brantley. When Chiz got hurt in July he was leading the Tribe in RBI. Sadly many Cleveland fans saw Bruce on the team & his part of the long winning streak & believe much more offense is needed to be replaced this off-season...

LF Brantley

CF Zimmer

RF Santana

3B Chisenhall

2B Ramirez

Perhaps more fire there. Seeing on MLBTR that Nationals are making a play for JT Realmuto.

Could the Crew be making another play for Mejia to solve the catching situation??

Domingo is the expendable and valuable trade chip we have right now. Would prefer him be used to shore up pitching this year, unless of course we decide to destroy the payroll with a FA pitcher. In that case, fire away with Mejia.

Yes Domingo is a trade chip, but he is not BY HIMSELF worth Mejia or Salazar (IMHO).

If the Crew is trying to get both guys (a full battery) they will need to add a significant piece to their side of the trade package.

Personally I do not see a deal being finalized between the 2 clubs..

Yes Domingo is a trade chip, but he is not BY HIMSELF worth Mejia or Salazar (IMHO).

If the Crew is trying to get both guys (a full battery) they will need to add a significant piece to their side of the trade package.

Personally I do not see a deal being finalized between the 2 clubs..

Agreed. I was just talking about the base players being traded. Would involve more pieces, and as you said would be difficult to make happen.

LF Brantley

CF Zimmer

RF Santana

3B Chisenhall

2B Ramirez

Chiz does not go back to 3B. He would make Braun appear to be a gold glover at 3B in comparison.

Also, unless Kipnis was dealt, Kip is at 2B & JRam is at 3rd.

Why? Chisenhall's career numbers at 3B are not horrific. Everything I've read suggests that the Indians are lukewarm on Kipnis and want to move J-Ram back to 2B. Doesn't necessarily make sense to me, but that seems to be the basis for all these Kipnis trade scenarios.

Why? Chisenhall's career numbers at 3B are not horrific. Everything I've read suggests that the Indians are lukewarm on Kipnis and want to move J-Ram back to 2B. Doesn't necessarily make sense to me, but that seems to be the basis for all these Kipnis trade scenarios.

No Chiz is horrific at 3B. Heck, the Tribe was trying Carlos Santana at 3B instead of playing Chiz there at one time.

Chiz has played 1 game (2 IP) since 2015 at 3rd. The Tribe would play other options at 3B (Diaz/ Urshela) before turning back to Chiz..

No Chiz is horrific at 3B. Heck, the Tribe was trying Carlos Santana at 3B instead of playing Chiz there at one time.

Chiz has played 1 game (2 IP) since 2015 at 3rd. The Tribe would play other options at 3B (Diaz/ Urshela) before turning back to Chiz..

He also hasn't hit 500 PA since 2014, so I don't really think he's blocking a Santana addition.

Actually it's being reported now that Cleveland was even in on Cain. Everything suggests they are perfectly happy an OF in the right deal.

MLB Radio is saying the Brewers are pushing hard for Archer, get it done DS!!!

What a night

I'm not even going to know what new jersey to buy!

This is plan C move IMO, Archer's contract lines up with Cain and Yelich's deals better than Salazar.

MLB Radio is saying the Brewers are pushing hard for Archer, get it done DS!!!

What a night

I'm not even going to know what new jersey to buy!

This is the move IMO, Archer's contract lines up with Cain and Yelich's deals.

Arcainich?

Yecainer?

Archived