Brewer Fanatic

What's Next

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Stearns thinks the massive price we paid for two Outfielders on a team without an OF problem represents good value and not a win now mode, then I am dating Margot Robbie.

He is just posturing with teams he is negotiating for pitching help and praying no one knows he is bluffing.

Signing a 32 year old OF to a $80M no trade contract and giving up a draft pick isn't win now? Uh ok David, we believe you. Lol.

If you think 'value' has anything to do with only acquiring OFers if we had an OF problem, I don't think you understand what 'value' means as the term was used.

Cain and especially Yelich are multi year investments who were acquired because Stearns and his analytical team believe the value they bring in production exceeds the price paid in money and prospects. That's why they were acquired, not (prinarily) because we wanted to 'go for It' in 2018.

Next time I will put "update" apparently. News and everyone thinks the Brewer's just traded for Trout.

'News' does sound like something eventful is happening.

But thanks for the update. It's really interesting to get a little peek under the hood of a MLB front office.

Still wished there was a front line pitcher coming our way.

HH, do you feel that the team feels that an upgrade to the rotation is as much of a priority as many are making it out to be here? Do they think they can compete with the rotation as constructed?

Excellent question.

They really do want to upgrade SP big time, but the prices are extremely high (as of right now). Stearns is very cost conscious.

If compete means race for the wild card..... yes. Playoffs....no.

Is there any timetable to any of these prospective moves? Any priorities that are almost certain to happen soon? I'm getting weary of refreshing (no doubt still will however). Thoughts?

I was told last week that there was high speculation Darvish would sign today. Now, it is really a guessing game.

My personal opinion is that most of the FA pitchers will still be available in 2 weeks. WHY? There is no incentive. Unless Darvish signs.

HH, do you feel that the team feels that an upgrade to the rotation is as much of a priority as many are making it out to be here? Do they think they can compete with the rotation as constructed?

Excellent question.

They really do want to upgrade SP big time, but the prices are extremely high (as of right now). Stearns is very cost conscious.

Thanks. This is pretty much what I figured. I still think there are too many balls in the air SP-wise for the Brewers not to come down with any of them.

Is there any timetable to any of these prospective moves? Any priorities that are almost certain to happen soon? I'm getting weary of refreshing (no doubt still will however). Thoughts?

As I said a post up. My opinion is that almost all of the pitchers could be available by opening of spring training in a few weeks. However, the position players should start to fall shortly.

Excellent question.

Thanks. This is pretty much what I figured. I still think there are too many balls in the air SP-wise for the Brewers not to come down with any of them.

Wanna bet?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Does Yu really expect to get a better deal by continuing to wait? I have no knowledge of the negotiations, but it would seem to me that teams have given their best offers. If anything maybe teams are growing weary. Is he just chilling out for no reason?

HH think the brewers now turn their Effort to Jake and move away from YU

No. My opinion is that Jake is a last minute acquisition if needed on opening day due to injuries or total ineffectiveness. Brewer's current targets are better than Odorizzi and will exhaust those options first.

Let's go over a few things here. First off, were not Cub fans. That means we don't treat other's like dung and rip on our own fans. We don't call out our player's or coaches when their losing but act like were the greatest fans when we are winning. That's not what Brewer fans are, that's Cubs fans. We have a player who did roids and got caught. He apologized and like civilized fans we forgive, forget and embrace him. In return, he wanted nothing else but to stay in Milwaukee, even when he knew we were in rebuild mode. Because he knew the fans here are special and don't sell out like fans from other teams. Were not dirtbags. Dirtbags are Cubs fans. Listen to 670 the score if you don't believe me. Brewer fans are some of the most respected fans in all of Baseball.

Interesting, I seem to remember him lying about it and throwing people under the bus to rid himself of the blame. It's kind of weird to compliment a fanbase for embracing a cheater anyways. Any fanbase would have done it, but it's not something to be proud of.

No. My opinion is that Jake is a last minute acquisition if needed on opening day due to injuries or total ineffectiveness. Brewer's current targets are better than Odorizzi and will exhaust those options first.

Pretty sure he means Arietta ... I think.

Does Yu really expect to get a better deal by continuing to wait? I have no knowledge of the negotiations, but it would seem to me that teams have given their best offers. If anything maybe teams are growing weary. Is he just chilling out for no reason?

Collusion among Agents/players seems more likely to me than collusion by front offices this offseason. The front offices limiting spending makes sense for so many reasons. These players holding out for the demands reported is extremely aggravating and illogical.

Pretty sure he means Arietta ... I think.

Arrieta??? If he falls into Brewers perspective price but their not pursuing hard yet. Everyone's waiting on Darvish. Darvish is waiting on Darvish.

Archived