Brewer Fanatic

What's Next

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Next time I will put "update" apparently. News and everyone thinks the Brewer's just traded for Trout.

I was hoping for for a Jose Bautista signing to add to Milwaukee's OF depth, not sure Trout could fit into those plans.

Next time I will put "update" apparently. News and everyone thinks the Brewer's just traded for Trout.

we are just crazy for something to happen!!

Thanks HH!!

Nothing on Walker though?

Not that I heard. Doesn't mean that their not interested.

There is alot more out there that I'm aware of.

First off. I am not BrewerWorld@twitter and this guy is stealing my info and using it as his own.

I am not wetbutt guy either like some have thought.

Due respect to Brewersfarm! Thanks for recognizing me as HighHeat19. Thanks.

Alright, here is what I know.

Archer: I mentioned earlier that for Archer it would take Sanatana, Phillips, Burnes and Peralta. That's what the Rays currently want. That's not what Stearn's is going to give them. So relax. Ray's are pressing hard to get max value and willing to wait this out.

Darvish: There is speculation by the Brewer's FO and other FO's that the agents are playing their own collusion game with Darvish. In that Darvish is setting the price for at least the rest of the pitching. They don't want Darvish to sign for anything less than a record amount. A low amount in signing could literally have agents and agencies lose literally hundreds of millions across the board.

The Brewer's feel that Darvish will sign with someone else, but they are actively after him. However, teams are aware of the price setting by Darvish and realize it could affect their secondary FA targets.

Brewer's say they signed Yelich and Cain because they are in win now mode. NO. It is because their analysis department concluded that the money spent on Cain and assets spent on Yelich were below market value per their geeks. Essentially swift store shopping. The moves also looking to bring in FA's and drive ticket sales.

I mentioned earlier that the Brewer's discussed Stroman. Now include for sure Michael Fulmer and James Paxton. The purpose is to gauge the Aug 1st trade deadline. And who the Brewer's may need to keep off limits to acquire one of these pitchers if their team falters.

Kipnis is of high interest because he will come cheap in terms of assets (dependent upon salary eaten by Crew), fits their analytical departments core aspects, and lines up with some of the Brewer's assets. Essentially a good fit for both teams.

Brewer's still want a top SP yet. Arrieta is on their big board, however he has to fall within their "Set" price.

One trade is a sizable trade. Stuck on one player. Brewer's are not budging and neither is the other team.

Not only is Hader untouchable like I mentioned earlier. Include Arcia in that group. Brewer's are very high on Arcia this year.

Thames is available.

Sanatana still has the interest of other teams namely the Indians and Red Sox.....also the Rays. Brewer's however are willing to play hardball with Santana. They felt that they did not get enough in return for Khris Davis and will not make that same mistake twice. They think Nottingham could make it, but the window is closing.

Brewer's currently looking at adding a serviceable catcher for whatever that's worth.

No this isn't breaking news. Some hearts maybe broken, but news nonetheless. I'm not going to get into extreme details about what was listed above.

Go Brewers!!!

Just reposting for those that missed it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's nice to hear that the Brewers realize they didn't get value for Kris Davis. How long have I been saying that? Stearns gets a thumbs up for learning from his mistakes.

This is your one mulligan.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

HH, any idea who the sizable trade is with? SP in return?

Can't comment. Sorry.

Whatever the trade is, what would you say are the chances it happens before pitchers/catchers report next week based on what you've heard?

40% but all it takes is a GM to blink.

Archived