Brewer Fanatic

What's Next

Why don’t we just sign Arrietta and be done with it? Clearly TBis asking way too much for Archer and it also seems clear Darvish doesn’t want to sign with us. I’d be tempted to overpay Arrietta to get a shorter contract and I wouldn’t go over four years but I’d hate to have the Yelich trade and Cain signing, for lack of better word, wasted by not addressing the rotation. Nelson will be out for almost half the year and I’m sorry but I don’t think we can count on Anderson to put up the same season as he did last year. Our offense is built to win. The rotation not so much. Go out and sign Arrietta, who likely becomes your best starter, and then make a trade at the deadline if need be. It improves the team while saving the farm and if he sucks it up you still have a number of prospect options in the coming years that will be extremely cheap to help soften the blow.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Super Bowl Sunday, Saturday posted No news today. Friday posted during that day. Hope he got to enjoy the weekend. I'd imagine some point today he posts on an update, if there isn't news to a signing before he gets to. Did leave an impression Darvish may make his decision today. I wouldn't expect moves to happen on a Saturday/Sunday so yeah being quiet those days would be expected.

I have News for you guys. Be back here at 9 p.m. central standard time on this thread. I'm out till 9 bells. Spread the word if you want.

See you then.

I’d prefer 9 PM Eastern. Better yet 9 o’clock tiny weird Canadian province time

Looking forward to the "News at Nine"

Anybody want to predict what the news is?

I'm guessing that the Brewers have made another offer to Darvish, and have a deal in place with Arrieta if that falls through. Expecting a signing within 48 hours

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I have News for you guys. Be back here at 9 p.m. central standard time on this thread. I'm out till 9 bells. Spread the word if you want.

See you then.

http://www.stephensonsofessex.com/ocart/?showimg_alpz=popcorn+lab+report.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm guessing that the Brewers have made another offer to Darvish, and have a deal in place with Arrieta if that falls through. Expecting a signing within 48 hours

We're signing Jaime Garcia to a MILB contract

I’ll guess that it will be something very vaugue. (Only because be cant tell us much)
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Last week, he had said dominoes were going to start falling today (re: TOR starters) ... so my guess is there is a progressing update on this front like someone else mentioned. Brewers will have made an offer to X player and it is nearing final stages or something like that. I am expecting that type of news... will be surprised and weirdly excited if it is trade talk re: Santana, etc

Let me check BrewerWorld and see if he has any updates...

what if HH was actually BW the whole time...

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

We're signing Jaime Garcia to a MILB contract

I would have no problem with that.

Archived