Brewer Fanatic

What's Next

Hate Santana and Phillips...... Santana and Broxton would be music to my years! Phillips would be perfect 4th OF on this club. Broxton going in on of his usually 2 for 45 with 30k benders isn't good for competition. Plus Phillips has the Lefty bat off the bench. I get he is more attractive to teams but.... please lord let Broxton be the one to go

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hate Santana and Phillips...... Santana and Broxton would be music to my years! Phillips would be perfect 4th OF on this club. Broxton going in on of his usually 2 for 45 with 30k benders isn't good for competition. Plus Phillips has the Lefty bat off the bench. I get he is more attractive to teams but.... please lord let Broxton be the one to go

Phillips is the perfect 4th OF. I would love him to stay but if he is needed to get Archer then sadly I say good bye.

I tend to lean this way but it depends on the return I guess.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I’m loving all this but a little concerned that Stearns didn’t have the plan in action already to move Santana.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I’m loving all this but a little concerned that Stearns didn’t have the plan in action already to move Santana.

We don't know he didn't. Could be a couple things holding it up. Perhaps the other team had a few pieces to pick from in addition to Santana and they had to wait to see who was left after the Yelich trade. Maybe he simply has been busy finalizing these deals and hasn't had time to make the next move. It's only been like 2 hours since this went down, lol. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the night and the next couple days play out.

If we get Bumgarner my heart will stop beating, send the ambulance. Lol (that isn't happening)

@jcrasnick

#SFGiants and #Brewers have an interesting dynamic. Santana is a big-power, high-strikeout, subpar defense RF. That's not what SF needs. Brett Phillips plays center, but the Giants appear to like Steven Duggar. Milwaukee is looking for starting pitching. Can the teams match up?

Would anyone dare to propose them trading Santana for say Salazar/Archer and then STILL getting Darvish/Arrieta. Think I would wet myself for hours.

I mean...it could be done especially if the free agency deal for the starter gets frontloaded. What a team that would make. Yu Darvish supposably wanted to know the Brewers could compete.....just saying.

Would anyone dare to propose them trading Santana for say Salazar/Archer and then STILL getting Darvish/Arrieta. Think I would wet myself for hours.

I mean...it could be done especially if the free agency deal for the starter gets frontloaded. What a team that would make. Yu Darvish supposably wanted to know the Brewers could compete.....just saying.

Absolutely, I think the two are independent since (1) we have payroll to spend, and (2) Santana seemingly has to be traded at this point. My dream scenario would be adding both Darvish and Salazar. (I don't think Archer is realistically available at this point, certainly not for Santana who gives Tampa Bay 0 extra years of team control)

I'm totally expecting that.

Unless he is dead set on going to the Cubs, our recent activity has to at the very least raise his eyebrows a bit...

If we can move Santana for another intriguing piece, might that tip the scales in our direction for Darvish? I just don't think he will truly consider the small market Brewers when some of the big market money and off field money making opportunities that come with the big market teams is out there for him.

We can dream.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Absolutely, I think the two are independent since (1) we have payroll to spend, and (2) Santana seemingly has to be traded at this point. My dream scenario would be adding both Darvish and Salazar. (I don't think Archer is realistically available at this point, certainly not for Santana who gives Tampa Bay 0 extra years of team control)

Oh of course they are independent...though while we could work Santana in the line up somehow I definitely feel a trade is lined up somewhere. It would put a lot of pressure on the payroll though unless it is front loaded. I guess it helps the Braun money will come off the payroll in the not so distant future so years 4/5 would be all that bad on the Cain and Darvish/Arrieta combination.

Unless he is dead set on going to the Cubs, our recent activity has to at the very least raise his eyebrows a bit...

If we can move Santana for another intriguing piece, might that tip the scales in our direction for Darvish? I just don't think he will truly consider the small market Brewers when some of the big market money and off field money making opportunities that come with the big market teams is out there for him.

We can dream.

I do agree with this. I think Arietta is more likely.

We can dream.

I would be skeptical we can afford to sign Darvish. I heard rumblings Darvish still might garner upwards of $150...we won't be in the running at that.

I'd be pretty happy rolling into a playoff series with SP Darvish, SP Salazar, SP Nelson at the top of the rotation with a lineup of CF Cain, 1B Thames/Aguilar, LF Yelich, 3B Shaw, RF Braun, 2B Kipnis, SS Arcia, C Pina/Vogt, plus CL Knebel + SU Hader in the bullpen. :) :) :)

Not totally unrealistic at this point.

They're all fishing. Something is going down soon.

@jonmorosi

14m14 minutes ago

#Indians and #Brewers could have an intriguing trade fit, as a number of followers have mentioned. Cleveland has an all-LHH starting outfield. Santana is a RHH with 30 HR last year. Indians have rotation depth.

We can dream.

I would be skeptical we can afford to sign Darvish. I heard rumblings Darvish still might garner upwards of $150...we won't be in the running at that.

I don't know. The owner has already been willing to dole out for the right player at the right time. That player at this time would certainly fill that bill.

Archived