Brewer Fanatic

What's Next

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from work, while driving I thought out loud, there's no real need for Walker anymore. The top of the Lineup is now covered. At best Walker is #6 in this lineup. You dont need his consistency over Villar getting a new chance while batting 8th? Behind Arcia.

Now you save FA money and maybe make a higher offer to Darvish?

My cell phone is at 88% data for the month and my workplace doesn’t have WiFi(start of new month is 2/1) With that said, I’m thinking something is going to go down in the coming days with Yu Darvish. This is all speculation by the way and by jo means inside info. Thinking Yu May have reconsidered Cubs offer a bit after the Crews recent deals, but in the end, I think Darvish signs with he scrubs.

I do think there is at least a 50% chance of Arrieta. That and a trade for Salazar and we’re cooking.

I’m going to be relying on Brewerfan.net this week for my Crew news for at least I’m able to check the internet while at work from time to time.

Dream scenario:

Trade Santana to Cleveland for any of the fore mentioned options.

Sign Arrieta 5/100

Sign walker 2/22

We need an 8th inning stud too. I’m not sure how we can address that and what options are out there. If getting an 8th inning stud somehow means not signing Walker, I’m ok rolling with Villar/Sogard/Perez.

Just got home from work, while driving I thought out loud, there's no real need for Walker anymore. The top of the Lineup is now covered. At best Walker is #6 in this lineup. You dont need his consistency over Villar getting a new chance while batting 8th? Behind Arcia.

Now you save FA money and maybe make a higher offer to Darvish?

I 100% agree unless Walker wants to play on a 1-2 year deal for $5-$7 million otherwise lets play with what we got offensively.

My cell phone is at 88% data for the month and my workplace doesn’t have WiFi(start of new month is 2/1) With that said, I’m thinking something is going to go down in the coming days with Yu Darvish. This is all speculation by the way and by jo means inside info. Thinking Yu May have reconsidered Cubs offer a bit after the Crews recent deals, but in the end, I think Darvish signs with he scrubs.

I do think there is at least a 50% chance of Arrieta. That and a trade for Salazar and we’re cooking.

I’m going to be relying on Brewerfan.net this week for my Crew news for at least I’m able to check the internet while at work from time to time.

Dream scenario:

Trade Santana to Cleveland for any of the fore mentioned options.

Sign Arrieta 5/100

Sign walker 2/22

We need an 8th inning stud too. I’m not sure how we can address that and what options are out there. If getting an 8th inning stud somehow means not signing Walker, I’m ok rolling with Villar/Sogard/Perez.

I like just about everything in this Scenario outside of the Arrieta signing... imo I think he’s on the downside and would no way commit to him for 100mil over 5 year if you could get him for around 3-4 years at 15 mil a year I’d be more for it... also I think Cobb would be a solid pickup for our rotation and I think we could possibly get him in the 3-4 year range for about 12-15 a year

I gotta say I'm disappointed that a pitching acquisition has not been made by now. I'd have thought that piece being in place would have been far more important than any acquisition on the offensive side of things. These moves are going to look very bad if they don't find at least one arm and I believe they need two.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

If Darvish or Arrieta are even considering Milwaukee they’d be my go to guys also but realistically I think Cobb/Lynn is more of our range! But I would loved to be proven wrong

Right, but we already lost a draft pick on Cain. Losing another one for Lynn or Cobb may be difficult

If Darvish or Arrieta are even considering Milwaukee they’d be my go to guys also but realistically I think Cobb/Lynn is more of our range! But I would loved to be proven wrong

Right, but we already lost a draft pick on Cain. Losing another one for Lynn or Cobb may be difficult

My understanding from the on-deck event today is that they are going for it and they have obviously already burned the third round pick. Why would a fourth rounder stop them?

A what? 4th rounder? That would be idiotic. Nothing difficult about giving up a cruddy draft pick for what will be one of the best pitchers in our organizations history.

My understanding from the on-deck event today is that they are going for it and they have obviously already burned the third round pick. Why would a fourth rounder stop them?

That part in bold above is not accurate.

https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2017/11/4/16604672/qualifying-offer-explainer-amount-mlb-offseason

From the linked page:

- If a team receives revenue sharing, it loses its third-highest pick. The fourth-highest pick gets tacked on if it signs more than one free agent that declined a qualifying offer.

- If a team doesn’t receive revenue sharing or exceed the luxury tax, it loses its second-highest pick and $500,000 from its international bonus pool money. Another player, and it gives up its third-highest pick as well.

Since I am unsure of the revenue sharing money situation, this would indicate the Brewers are losing either:

(a) their comp B pick (between rounds 2 & 3 along with the signing pool money) or

(b) their 2nd round pick (& the signing pool money that goes with it).

I don't believe the Brewers would lose any pick if they sign Darvish as he was traded mid season .

Yeah, I think he specifically called out Lynn or Cobb as costing us that pick.

I don't believe the Brewers would lose any pick if they sign Darvish as he was traded mid season .

Correct, Darvish could not receive a QO because he was dealt mid-season so signing him (highly doubtful, not happening per HH19 last week).

But signing Cain (since he did reject the QO from KS) is costing the Brewers more than its 3rd round pick

What’s your point Arietta costs us a draft pick also? And Cobb and Lynn both upgrade our rotation and probably come cheaper and with less of a years commitment then Darvish or Arietta

Also we can’t be foolish enough that just because we made 2 big moves all of sudden FAs will flock to us no one knows how either of the 2 top guys view us or even if they take our Offers seriously enough to sign here I think Cobb and or Lynn we’d have a better shot at signing imo

Archived