Brewer Fanatic

Yelich to the Brewers in exchange for Brinson, Isan Diaz, M. Harrison and Yamamoto

MVP2110
Can we stop an appreciate hh19 risking a friendship to prettttty much tell us this was happening aweek ago? Thank you for making this week memorable my man!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yelich's has a ops of 839 away from marlins park for his career and it went up to 869 last year. We just got an amazing player who will be a blast to watch for 5 years as he is likely just entering his prime. And we still have tons of prospects in the pipeline.

I am absolutely psyched up out of my mind over this trade!!!!

To get five years of Christian Yelich and not have to give up Domingo or Burnes or any of our top pitching prospects, or Hiura, or Arcia, or even Phillips (who I like more than Brinson) is just flat out outstanding!

Standing ovation over here.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Sorry if I’m repeating posts but I don’t have time to go through six pages worth of posts. I think we gave up way too much. For a deal involving both Harrison and Brinson I think we should have been targeting pitching, not another outfielder, which is already a position of strength. Plus we sold low on Diaz. More moves have to be coming if this is a win now move because we have done little to address our biggest problem, which is starting pitching.

Right now Yelich is a top 30 offensive player with potential upside. I think people are really underrating him.

Miller Park will bring some huge benefits for Yelich, and I think we will be happy to have him for three years. maybe four on the outside (I assume he will be flipped later).

That said... the price tag is way high.

Brinson - I expected him to go, wasn't as high on him as some others here.

Diaz - I really liked his OBP skills. Trent Clark/Grisham or Michael Reed were the only two who were clearly better.

Harrison - In some ways, I am OK with this. He'd been hurt a lot before 2017, but I felt Stokes, Phillips, and Santana were all better. Stokes could very well be starting out in AAA this year.

Yamamoto - This one really stings. I had him ranked far above Ortiz, Peralta, and Ponce. He looked like a Davies type.

Honestly, I wish the Crew had taken Starlin Castro off the Marlins' hands and tried to use that to swap out Yamamoto for Bickford. They are also banking that Hirua's elbow doesn't go south on them.

You missed the obvious. Stearns refused to include Suter in this deal. That has to be a positive!

Rosenthal gets 6 figures. Can I at least get a hat or maybe even a pen?

The fact that the Brewers made a serious offer for Yelich and the fact that the trade went through were both broken elsewhere. Thus, I'm afraid to say, you must remain hatless.

Thanks for the fun over the last few days though, whether any of it was true or not :laughing

I love how Stearns played this. I still can't believe Yamamoto was the only pitcher that got moved.

I can't believe they put Yamamoto in the package. I'd rather have seen Ortiz go - Yamamoto was looking a little like another Burnes.

I'm not surprised.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Ok, I admit, I get attached to the guys that come through Appleton. Harrison spent a long time here, Diaz was so awesome here, it is impossible not to feel a bit jilted when he goes. I have no connection to Brinson, but as often as he is hurt, I'd rather he be someone else's problem. Yamamoto was also a fun guy to watch, and was hoping he'd stick too.

In the end, I'll get over it, and to be honest, I think the real loss is going to be Diaz, so it will be interesting 3 years from now to see where these 4 ended up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Yamamoto as a solid #3, Harrison and Brinson sharing 2/3 of the outfield, and Diaz being a rookie of the year type of player. They could all also tank, but again, highly doubt it.

Admitting I get attached to these guys is the first step in acceptance when they go. lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If Huira and Lutz prove to be wise selections who can advance to the bigs in 3 years or less at 2B and RF then this won't hurt.

I have no concerns with what yelich will do

Career...

Home 278/363/759

Road 301/374/839

Last 2 39 hr

Home 15

Road 24

300/365/820 and 25 hr... yeah

my first take is that Harrison put this trade a little in the Marlins favor, but I am happy to have Yelich. For those that hate the move, at some point you need to turn in your lottery tickets. You have a borderline allstar now. Diaz struggled at high A and Brinson struggled once he got called up, not saying that they won't be good players, but when you have a chance to get a Yelich you do it.

Ok, I admit, I get attached to the guys that come through Appleton. Harrison spent a long time here, Diaz was so awesome here, it is impossible not to feel a bit jilted when he goes. I have no connection to Brinson, but as often as he is hurt, I'd rather he be someone else's problem. Yamamoto was also a fun guy to watch, and was hoping he'd stick too.

In the end, I'll get over it, and to be honest, I think the real loss is going to be Diaz, so it will be interesting 3 years from now to see where these 4 ended up. I would be surprised to see Yamamoto as a solid #3, Harrison and Brinson sharing 2/3 of the outfield, and Diaz being a rookie of the year type of player. They could all also tank, but again, highly doubt it.

Admitting I get attached to these guys is the first step in acceptance when they go. lol

You sound like you're on the same roller coaster I'm on. Initial reaction hate it. Calmed down a bit now, and by tomorrow who knows I'll probably love it.

Absolutely beautiful deal. 3 high risk bats and a high risk arm for a cheap, cost controlled all star. How anyone can be mad at that is beyond me.

Not sure, but probably because of the slanted way you phrased that.

Not slanted in the slightest. It's the truth. Lots of swing and miss in all three bats.

I just really thought Brinson would be a center piece in a trade for pitching, not another outfielder...

Probably would have been if there wasn’t a stud OF with 5 years of control demanding to get out of Miami. Stars lined up for this one.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I just really thought Brinson would be a center piece in a trade for pitching, not another outfielder...

I think there is a decent chance Santana is moved for pitching now. As i always say, talk to me when pitchers and catchers report and I will let you know how the offseason went. I know in the hot take nation that we live now, we need / give immediate feedback on every move, but this didn't happen in a vacuum.

In the end, I'll get over it, and to be honest, I think the real loss is going to be Diaz, so it will be interesting 3 years from now to see where these 4 ended up. I would be surprised to see Yamamoto as a solid #3, Harrison and Brinson sharing 2/3 of the outfield, and Diaz being a rookie of the year type of player. They could all also tank, but again, highly doubt it.

You sound like you're on the same roller coaster I'm on. Initial reaction hate it. Calmed down a bit now, and by tomorrow who knows I'll probably love it.

Yeah, I did hate it initially, and still do, but what's done is done, and it has to be accepted, we have no choice. Hopefully Yelich makes me forget right off the bat in April, and all will be well. I'll keep a close eye on the guys we lost though, just to see if I was right...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

After seeing Stearns comments on this, it's clear he's keeping any future moves very close to the vest. It will be interesting to see what the next chip to fall may be. I mean this has to be the "trade A" HH19 was telling us about earlier this week right? So this must cause a domino effect at some level. Can't go into this year with Yelich/Braun/Santana/Phillips/Broxton right?

Archived