Brewer Fanatic

Yelich to the Brewers in exchange for Brinson, Isan Diaz, M. Harrison and Yamamoto

MVP2110
I always said what are we going to do with all these outfielders? Santana is legit so there is 1 spot. I have always felt Braun will be able to play out his whole contract and keep his average high enough. So that just leaves centerfield. And now Yellich can play there for at least 5 years. Phillips becomes the #4 and will get plenty of ABs (for now) by being a lefty and subbing for Braun once or twice a week

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too much, hate this deal. Really hate it.

So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. We just gave away 2/3 of our OF and a possible all star 2B. Yes, not a given, but that's a lot of talent leaving us. Farm just took a major hit, hopefully Stearns has a plan to re-stock in a couple more deals.

Just don't like it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So brinson diaz harrison and yamamoto?

Cringe. Glad we kept our 3 young rising arms but yikes harrison brinson diaz could give them an offense in 2-3 years. Yikes thats a lot.

Could also give them nothing in 2-3 years. Diaz and Harrison are pretty volatile prospects IMO. Could be very good or never do anything. I'm confident Yelich will be giving us 5 WAR seasons in 2-3 years.

Rosenthal reporting the return was "quite a bit more" than the return for Stanton or Ozuna.

Ya but Stanton has a monster $325 million deal which gets factored into the trade as there are not many teams who can pick up that tab

Brinson obviously is well regarded by everyone and Diaz has done things that make a decent prospect but you have to give to get.

Harrison has future bust written all over him and I've only seen Yamamoto mentioned as anything by a few posters here, so neither is a loss to me. Seems like a fair trade to me.

So they kept all the top pitching prospects. I think I can be ok with that. Heavy price, but Yelich is a special player.

Well, that's the problem. He's not a special player.

Obviously, I disagree

+1

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Rosenthal reporting the return was "quite a bit more" than the return for Stanton or Ozuna.

Of course. The Stanton deal was to clear the huge contract, and Ozuna only has two years of team control remaining, while not playing a premium defensive position (with Yelich on a good value contract for 5 more seasons.)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

That's a heck of a lot to give up for one bat. One of the top prospects in the game, plus two other highly-regarded prospects and a young pitcher (well, tbh, the latter doesn't bother me too much). Apparently they weren't that excited about Brinson.

I like Yelich but I'll feel better about this if there's another piece coming back.

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

I love how this board has people on both sides of this trade. Never change BrewerFan. I am in favor of it as I have stated but am interested in our Minor league expert posters on their thought as they know the prospects better than I do.

To get an all-star player, in his prime, with 5 year of control, without giving up any pitching is a steal. I'm excited that the Brewers have finally sold high on a prospect in Harrison. He's the perfect guy to sell high on - one good year and he plays a position that is one of strength in the system.

The people that hate it were going to hate any trade, so I'm not too concerned about the reactions of some here.

Oh, and refresh my memory, do we still need pitching? ;)

So they kept all the top pitching prospects. I think I can be ok with that. Heavy price, but Yelich is a special player.

Well, that's the problem. He's not a special player.

Yes he is. Hes a nearing prime 5 year controlled lefty that checks all the boxes and is a GG LF. Damn braun. Play 1st.

Archived