Brewer Fanatic

Yelich to the Brewers in exchange for Brinson, Isan Diaz, M. Harrison and Yamamoto

MVP2110
  • Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol so Monte Harrison is still a Top 100 guy to them, but Corey Ray isn’t?

I’d have to imagine that will correct itself. If Corey keeps this up he’ll be top 50 without a doubt In the offseason list.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Lol so Monte Harrison is still a Top 100 guy to them, but Corey Ray isn’t?

I’d have to imagine that will correct itself. If Corey keeps this up he’ll be top 50 without a doubt In the offseason list.

MLB.com already partially overhauled their Top 100 and Monte Harrison survived it.

• 1 month later...

The only player that hurt to see go at the time, for me, was Isan Diaz. I always hoped we'd trade Monte for something before he flamed out.

Although I did expect at least a bit more out of Brinson.

Anyway, Yelich is that dude and well worth it even if those guys were all having good seasons.

This is the first time I'm reading this thread.

Yeah, that was high quality January baseball reading right there. Hot takes just flying.

Obviously there were people who loved the deal, and people who hated it. Hopefully those who hated it, or were extremely upset by the prospects we gave up, have come around. Yelich truly has proven to be a special player.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The MLBTradeRumors comment section used to be "good" for a an internet comment section but has really turned to crap the last couple years especially on posts regarding the big market teams. I skimmed the Yelich trade comments and it's 99% Cubs fans/trolls talking crap about how bad the Brewers are and will be.

I love this.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yeah, that was high quality January baseball reading right there. Hot takes just flying.

Obviously there were people who loved the deal, and people who hated it. Hopefully those who hated it, or were extremely upset by the prospects we gave up, have come around. Yelich truly has proven to be a special player.

While I wasn't one who hated the deal I didn't love it either. I was skeptical the overall value was going to be in our favor. It's still to early to know that but Yelich has produced so well now that even if the value slants in their favor down the road I am fine with the trade. Sometimes the timing matters as much as overall value.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I cant imagine anyone disliking the deal now. Look at this way. We could (but definitely wont) trade Yelich this offseason and get a much better return than what we gave up and we would have had a year of Yelich. It seems like DS and his staff knew which players to sell high on in this deal. Yelich has been so much fun to watch. We are looking at a guy who should have a batting average above .300, hit 30 hrs and steal 20 bases while sporting .380 plus obp. That isnt a very common stat line.

I think Baez will win MVP but Yelich will be right there. Crazy to even try to pick between he and Cain right now

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Since the all star game, Christian Yelich is...

4th in BA (.343)

1st in SLG (.700)

3rd in OPS (1.106)

3rd in ISO (.357)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived