Brewer Fanatic

Concession Stand Prices

pacopete4
It's not clear. The phrase "making more money" could be used either way.

I guess if we take it literally then it means that the falcons are either minting coins or printing currency..... I thought the dept of the treasury was the only institution allowed to "make money".

I think it’s too difficult to tell if they made more money from this or not. Cheaper concessions could very well lead to more people coming to the game or people spending more on other other at the stadium like merchandise.

What is not too difficult to tell is fan satisfaction skyrocketed. As I said it’s nice to see a franchise doing something that doesn’t involve squeezing every last penny out of its fan base.

No, not in the NFL...especially for a good franchise like the Falcons. There are only 8 home games that are very easy to sell out. Not to mention this is a brand new stadium assured to be sold out every game. This article is icredibly misleading on many levels. To use this as an example for other teams to slash prices is just not accurate at all. For the NFL there is no bonus to selling more tickets...cause you are going to sell out regardless.

Now when it comes to the MLB that does not sell out every single game it can get interesting. That being said slashing concession prices likely are not going to lead to better revenues. Prices are insane because...well...people only have one option. I don't think the Brewers would benefit from slashing their prices. Most people price sensitive are going to eat their own food in the parking lot or eat their own in the stadium(since the Brewers allow it). People who are buying food in the stadium do not care about prices...they buy food in the stadium because it is easy.

The only time I ever go crazy buying food in the stadium is when they have $1 hotdogs etc. Sure they could make the price $2 for a brat. I would probably buy three of them at the price...but that will equal the price of one right now, but they will have the cost of making three brats. See the problem?

I would love for prices to drop, but I understand the market they are in and that doesn't support slashing prices. The prices are stupid to a lot of us, but they are that way for a reason...they are the most profitable and make the most sense from a business standpoint. Once again it can be really complicated for a league like the MLB that doesn't regualarily sell out, but in general the ridiculous prices probably make the most sense. It is what it is.

Any reduction in prices and subsequent increase in sales volume would stretch their food making capacity, which is already iffy.

The pizza wait is at times unbearable, and even the wait for sausage products seems long.

I'm not sure they're staffed or equipped to put out 25 or 50 percent more food.

Archived