Brewer Fanatic

Jeffress contract

agent39

Id prefer a much more open free agent system

Pay guys early not later etc

Do you think players would get rid of the arbitration system to move to NFL type contracts?

I don't see the players union ever moving to non-guaranteed contracts. It would probably take the owners guaranteeing a certain total compensation (much more than todays level), getting rid of the luxury tax, and putting a pretty high floor on a teams total compensation, so teams have to spend $75M even if they have a young team (or $150M over two years or something like that).

The Suppans, Garzas of the world, would just make sure to have a very high signing and roster bonuses as part of the contract in the first place.

Would reducing the number of options go far enough to accomplish that?

Reducing the number of options would keep guys in the minors longer.

In theory maybe but I don't think it would in practice. Players are brought up because they are needed. That need doesn't change with the number of options a player has. It might keep a few players down but I think the number of players who need to be called up would outnumber that.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

If anyone ever wanted to know the technical aspects explicitly this is the most open ive ever been and maybe any agents ever been. Thanks ill answer anything here or milb thread. See you in spring. J-

J

http://natsgm.com/2018/01/22/the-joshua-kusnick-experience-22-lets-talk-about-arbitration/

Thanks much for doing this. Good listen, really cool to have an actual MLB agent that interacts with us like this.

My question would be, why do arbitration panels continue to be so antiquated in their evaluation of a player (preferring old school stats like HR, RBI, etc, when in any other way, statistical analysis and evaluation has come so much further than that?

In some cases, it can cause a projected arbitration figure that well exceeds open market value, (like we saw with Chris Carter last year), which may result in a player being non-tendered that the team actually prefers to keep.

Would reducing the number of options go far enough to accomplish that?

Doubtful

No clue how to long term fix permanently. Something seems off.

If anyone ever wanted to know the technical aspects explicitly this is the most open ive ever been and maybe any agents ever been. Thanks ill answer anything here or milb thread. See you in spring. J-

J

http://natsgm.com/2018/01/22/the-joshua-kusnick-experience-22-lets-talk-about-arbitration/

Thanks much for doing this. Good listen, really cool to have an actual MLB agent that interacts with us like this.

My question would be, why do arbitration panels continue to be so antiquated in their evaluation of a player (preferring old school stats like HR, RBI, etc, when in any other way, statistical analysis and evaluation has come so much further than that?

In some cases, it can cause a projected arbitration figure that well exceeds open market value, (like we saw with Chris Carter last year), which may result in a player being non-tendered that the team actually prefers to keep.

No idea. Thats a good ? For the other side.

Do you think players would get rid of the arbitration system to move to NFL type contracts?

I don't see the players union ever moving to non-guaranteed contracts. It would probably take the owners guaranteeing a certain total compensation (much more than todays level), getting rid of the luxury tax, and putting a pretty high floor on a teams total compensation, so teams have to spend $75M even if they have a young team (or $150M over two years or something like that).

The Suppans, Garzas of the world, would just make sure to have a very high signing and roster bonuses as part of the contract in the first place.

No shot that ever happens for everyone. I think i explained myself more than i should have on why I had to entertain it myself. Not ideal.

It was noted in the podcast how Jeffress made it known how much he likes playing in Milwaukee and wanted to stay. Do you ever discourage players from making those kinds of comments. Kind of reminds me when the actress Michelle Williams said she would do reshoots for free because she loves the director and the project so much and she did basically end up working for free.

It was noted in the podcast how Jeffress made it known how much he likes playing in Milwaukee and wanted to stay. Do you ever discourage players from making those kinds of comments. Kind of reminds me when the actress Michelle Williams said she would do reshoots for free because she loves the director and the project so much and she did basically end up working for free.

...then later, pitched a fit when she found out how much Walberg made for the same thing...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

...then later, pitched a fit when she found out how much Walberg made for the same thing...

I mean, rightfully so in my opinion.

I mean, rightfully so in my opinion.

Don't offer to work for free and then get mad when you find out a co-worker got paid because they asked to be paid.

Thanks, this was a good listen.

The human aspect of pro sports is heavily overshadowed in the public eye by the monetary aspect. These are kids who are thrown into a cutthroat arena, and from my limited experience agents help players with a lot more than just how much money they make.

Your interview showed the relationship you have with Jeremy, and that's great. I know a couple professional athletes, and the only advice I gave them when they asked about choosing an agent was that any experienced agent should know what they're doing, so what was important is that they choose someone they feel comfortable with personally. It's good to see Jeremy has that.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Don't offer to work for free and then get mad when you find out a co-worker got paid because they asked to be paid.

--------------------------

I mean this isnt gonna be a great take.....

Thats dumb. Women and men arent treated the same in business which is trash.

If M williams and marky mark operated on the same level id agree. They dont. Hence the reckoning going on now thats long long over due. You think michelle is dumb I see very clearly she was taken advantage of. Her agents screwed her and helped their male client. Obviously a trash way to treat a person. Just because we strive for equality it doesnt mean everyone shares in said equality. I assure you as a quazi minority my life isnt the same as the majority. The differences have been exposed in the last year and they are glaring.

The human aspect of pro sports is heavily overshadowed in the public eye by the monetary aspect. These are kids who are thrown into a cutthroat arena, and from my limited experience agents help players with a lot more than just how much money they make.

Your interview showed the relationship you have with Jeremy, and that's great. I know a couple professional athletes, and the only advice I gave them when they asked about choosing an agent was that any experienced agent should know what they're doing, so what was important is that they choose someone they feel comfortable with personally. It's good to see Jeremy has that.

Thank you! Im changing formats so people can really just see me as the players do. Im just tired of having to not be myself at work. I finally said screw it at age 35

Better for everyone listening lol! #badidea

Thank you! Im changing formats so people can really just see me as the players do. Im just tired of having to not be myself at work. I finally said screw it at age 35

Better for everyone listening lol! #badidea

Are you having a Jerry Maguire moment?

--------------------------

I mean this isnt gonna be a great take.....

Thats dumb. Women and men arent treated the same in business which is trash.

If M williams and marky mark operated on the same level id agree. They dont. Hence the reckoning going on now thats long long over due. You think michelle is dumb I see very clearly she was taken advantage of. Her agents screwed her and helped their male client. Obviously a trash way to treat a person. Just because we strive for equality it doesnt mean everyone shares in said equality. I assure you as a quazi minority my life isnt the same as the majority. The differences have been exposed in the last year and they are glaring.

Mark is the only person that was paid. Has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with who your agent is and asking for what you want.

Archived