Brewer Fanatic

Darvish

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, if the market is truly booming for Darvish, the Brewers are not involved.

I'm guessing they were never really in it and that it had a lot more do with factors other than money.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I'm guessing they were never really in it and that it had a lot more do with factors other than money.

I'll go out on a limb and say it has everything to do with money.

If the numbers go up to that, I'm happy the Brewers were out.

Same here, just too much risk for MKE. I think I said throughout this I trusted that whatever Stearns was offering is something we'd be comfortable with, I'd guess that was true and now that it's up to stuff in this area that he's checked out of it.

I'll go out on a limb and say it has everything to do with money.

Either way, they were never really in it.

Either way, they were never really in it.

Source?!?!

He hasn't singed but the Brewers are out. They were never really in it.

So no source? Okay, thanks. Establishes credibility.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Guys knock it off. Sheesh.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If true, that is what I expected all along, especially once the Cubs signed Darvish's personal catcher to back up Castillo yesterday.

It all made too much sense not to happen...

Damn it!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Sure sounds like it. Reports all day saying they've been in talks. The big market teams were the only ones that ever really had a shot.

Sadly, this is probably accurate. It was fun while it seemed there may be a chance, even a small chance, that we could land him, but I think we were used as a pawn until he got the big offer he wanted.

Sure sounds like it. Reports all day saying they've been in talks. The big market teams were the only ones that ever really had a shot.

Sadly, this is probably accurate. It was fun while it seemed there may be a chance, even a small chance, that we could land him, but I think we were used as a pawn until he got the big offer he wanted.

I agree 100%. There is a reason the report about the Brewers making an offer came out of Japan. It came from Darvish's people trying to drive up the price. The Brewers never were going to win a bidding war.

I agree 100%. There is a reason the report about the Brewers making an offer came out of Japan. It came from Darvish's people trying to drive up the price. The Brewers never were going to win a bidding war.

Or the Brewers made the offer knowing Darvish didn't want to come here in the hopes of forcing the Cubs into an overpay, much like they did with Quintana.

If true, that is what I expected all along, especially once the Cubs signed Darvish's personal catcher to back up Castillo yesterday.

Damn it!

im not sure Gimenez is an Opening day backup. Im guessing he was brought in to help the Cubs Catcher and show him what Darvish Likes during Spring. But likely not added to the Cubs 25man.

Or the Brewers made the offer knowing Darvish didn't want to come here in the hopes of forcing the Cubs into an overpay, much like they did with Quintana.

I'd buy that if the reports hadn't originated out of Japan, but they did. I dont't call them a pawn in a negative sense like they were unwittingly used but they were certainly used to achieve a goal. It happens all the time to big and small market teams alike.

Damn it!

im not sure Gimenez is an Opening day backup. Im guessing he was brought in to help the Cubs Catcher and show him what Darvish Likes during Spring. But likely not added to the Cubs 25man.

We shall see...

Darvish to Cubs.

I hope the contract’s big enough to hinder them in the long run.

Let’s play one final version of predict the contract length and dollars.

I am going to guess 5 years and $135 million.

I would have been ecstatic if the Brewers had signed Darvish, but hopefully this at least cools off the Bryce Harper or Manny Machado to the Cubs in 2019 speculation.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived