Brewer Fanatic

Darvish

I just want to say thanks to HH for providing what he can. I know on some boards of this nature these guys get nitpicked, bashed when they're wrong, or accused of being full of it. I've never understood that, I'd want anyone to feel welcome providing whatever info they're comfortable sharing rather than fear of being accused of trolling or just wanting attention.

I don’t mind it...until they get something “right” and expect some kind of praise etc. There was that guy last year or the year before where his attitude wasn’t worth any information.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My source says the Brewers are pushing hard to get Darvish. As in make your mind up soon or were going elsewhere.

This is EXACTLY how small market teams have to do it. Otherwise you will just be continually used as leverage.

I just want to say thanks to HH for providing what he can. I know on some boards of this nature these guys get nitpicked, bashed when they're wrong, or accused of being full of it. I've never understood that, I'd want anyone to feel welcome providing whatever info they're comfortable sharing rather than fear of being accused of trolling or just wanting attention.

I don’t mind it...until they get something “right” and expect some kind of praise etc. There was that guy last year or the year before where his attitude wasn’t worth any information.

Was that the PronceFielderXx1 guy?

Oh yea I do remember that, guy was totally pretentious about it all and lectured everyone on how smart he was and how connected he was, how he knew baseball better than anyone on here. Yea, don't need any of that stuff but just dropping bits of info that one feels comfortable I'm all for. I don't even need someone to get anything right to prove themselves, essentially they're just relaying info as they hear it and none of this stuff is set in stone. So I can take it all with a grain of salt.

HighHeat -

Just curious if you happen to remember "Brewcrew Jon" from the JS Online board, back in the day. He called a lot of things, right down to contract numbers. Any chance you know who that is and/or whether he's still around? thanks.

Nope. I think it was wetbutt or something like that.

Princefielder said the Brewers would for sure make the playoffs or he would let his account get banned or something. They missed the playoffs and I haven't seen him since.

HighHeat -

Just curious if you happen to remember "Brewcrew Jon" from the JS Online board, back in the day. He called a lot of things, right down to contract numbers. Any chance you know who that is and/or whether he's still around? thanks.

Nope, knew none of those guys.

Only guy I wonder whatever happened too was Freeway who presided in the bleachers of old County Stadium. Talking to Freeway was like talking to an imaginary friend. Except Freeway was real...... but I'm not sure if Freeway thought he was real himself. Hey, but that was Freeway.

No, he was the guy who claimed the Brewers were 267-2 or something crazy in games he attended.

HighHeat -

Nope, knew none of those guys.

Only guy I wonder whatever happened too was Freeway who presided in the bleachers of old County Stadium. Talking to Freeway was like talking to an imaginary friend. Except Freeway was real...... but I'm not sure if Freeway thought he was real himself. Hey, but that was Freeway.

He's still around, or was a couple years ago for sure as I talked to him at a Brewers game. The imaginary friend thing is a perfect way to describe him. ha!!

My source says the Brewers are pushing hard to get Darvish. As in make your mind up soon or were going elsewhere.

If that’s the case, I hope it works. I think Darvish is the best pitcher available in free agency this year, and likely the best possible FA pitcher the Brewers could realistically add over the next two free agency periods.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wasn't this guy Yu's personal catcher in Texas? Would be an interesting development if we all got our hopes up for Yu only to see him sign in Chicago.

That could be the end of any chance we have of landing Darvish. Too perfect that the freaking Cubs will be the ones to end that dream.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Wasn't this guy Yu's personal catcher in Texas? Would be an interesting development if we all got our hopes up for Yu only to see him sign in Chicago.

That could be the end of any chance we have of landing Darvish. Too perfect that the freaking Cubs will be the ones to end that dream.

If that were true, Darvish would have said no to the Brewers right away as we have both of our catchers signed.

Seriously? Because they signed a backup catcher? Um ... no. That's jumping to a pretty big conclusion.

Seriously? Because they signed a backup catcher? Um ... no. That's jumping to a pretty big conclusion.

Back up catcher who catches all his (Darvish) games... Why else would the Cubs sign him? I think it is to bolster their chances of signing Darvish. Seems obvious to me.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Put me in the camp that thinks this is bad news for the Brewers chances of landing Darvish. I won’t claim it takes them out of it by any means, but it seems clear the Cubs are preparing to make a very strong play for Darvish.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Put me in the camp that thinks this is bad news for the Brewers chances of landing Darvish. I won’t claim it takes them out of it by any means, but it seems clear the Cubs are preparing to make a very strong play for Darvish.

I just feel like a minor league deal doesn't change anything, not even a little bit. Cubs could easily sign Darvish and cut this catcher the next day. Maybe the Cubs make a play for him, I doubt this signing moves the needle though.

Darvish will be making a decision involving potentially tens of millions of dollars between various teams, important clauses in those contract offers, where he'll live the next 4-6 years, how competitive he feels each team will be, etc etc, so i have a hard time believing that who the backup catcher is on the team he signs with will be up there with the other factors.

If that’s the case, I hope it works. I think Darvish is the best pitcher available in free agency this year, and likely the best possible FA pitcher the Brewers could realistically add over the next two free agency periods.

I'd agree. He comes at the lowest price tag in terms of long-term cost.

It's not just the money. The other big pitchers would cost draft picks. A trade costs the Crew some young players.

Archived