Brewer Fanatic

Darvish

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HighHeat-

In the 40% chance you give us for landing Yu, what would be the factor that tips him to us?

City = Chicago > Milwaukee (in terms of what he's stated he's looking for)

Weather = push

Winning = Chicago did recently win a WS and have a loaded lineup, though we potentially could be formidable

Short of us offering more $$/years, what would sell him on coming here?

HighHeat-

In the 40% chance you give us for landing Yu, what would be the factor that tips him to us?

Weather = push

Winning = Chicago did recently win a WS and have a loaded lineup, though we potentially could be formidable

I'm not Yu. Only Yu knows what Yu wants.

HighHeat-

Weather = push

However, landing Archer would help.

HighHeat-

Weather = push

However, landing Archer would help.

That sounds a lot like Greinke deciding to come here when we landed Marcum.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yu must be the change Yu wish to see in the world.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Stearns: I think we have offered the most money

Yu: I think you might be right

Stearns: We are going after Archer also

Yu: Gimme that money too

Stearns: I thought you wanted to win

Yu: Yea whatever, when do I get my money

Yu wants what Yu wants

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Where are the Cubs relative to the luxury tax? That seems to be a big factor holding back the big clubs. I can’t recall the mechanics of the reset on it...is this what is opening the window for the Brewers to go after FAs this year vs. next?

Doesn't seem to be an issue:

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2017/12/15/16777634/cubs-2018-payroll-luxury-tax

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

My source says the Brewer's and Cubs are trying to play keep away with each other in regards to Darvish. The Cubs biggest fear is the Brewer's getting Darvish. Both team's don't feel the Dodger's have the $ to get Darvish back.

Brewers expecting Darvish to sign by Monday.

The Brewer's also want Archer as well as Darvish.

Stroman was discussed today.

IF the Brewers were to sign Darvish and still want Archer, I would have to think Santana and Davies would headline the package.

I think you nailed it. Davies and either Woodruff or Burnes along with Santana. That's too much in my opinion but I'm guessing that's what it'll take.

I see the Cubs fans are whining about the Brewers pursuit of Darvish and myself on their message boards. Nothing but dirtballs in that Filthy City. They don't like what I say but spew my words all over their forums.

Hey Cub Fans, you don't quote people if you don't believe them.

BTW, your finishing third this year behind Milwaukee AND St. Louis.......... per my source.

I see the Cubs fans are whining about the Brewers pursuit of Darvish and myself on their message boards. Nothing but dirtballs in that Filthy City. They don't like what I say but spew my words all over their forums.

BTW, your finishing third this year behind Milwaukee AND St. Louis.......... per my source.

Lol. We refer to them as FIBs for a reason...

They are already assuming Harper will sign with them.... talk about delusional.

Is there a BF’er of the year award, because this guy gets it.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

If Yu signs with the Brewers, I will change my CC avatar to a Yu avatar. Hope the Brewers succeed.

If the Brewers get Darvish, I don't see the need to trade for Archer. The trade cost for Archer is way too high, I'd stay away. No way I will trade Corbin Burnes. Really hope the Brewers stay away from making a bad trade.

Archived