Brewer Fanatic

Jeff Levering a finalist for Marlins' Fox TV job (Update 1/31: Not hired by the Marlins)

Eye Black
I really enjoyed Darryl Hamilton on the broadcasts when he was doing them for a bit in 2014. Knowledgeable and a great sense of humor. Thought he would've been a perfect replacement for Ueck some day. Man it's such a shame he's no longer with us

As did I. Besides being solid on his own merits, I thought he made Joe Block sound better too - as if perhaps he was more at ease. That pairing was the first time I felt like we as Brewers fans weren't doomed to an audio wasteland once Bob is no longer doing games.

I generally liked Joe's delivery (which I realize probably puts me in a minority here...again :tongue), but with Ueck he was like the deferential grand-nephew. Jeff holds his own with Uecker more effectively, as did Provus and Powell. (Though Uecker still is the elephant in the booth to some degree, regardless of booth-mate.) I haven't heard Ueck and Lane enough to judge how Grindle holds up.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I think Uecker should retire for good. I don't think he's that good anymore.

You may be in the minority but not alone. I've thought he has been terrible for years... probably this millennium. I can't even listen to games on the radio when he's calling it, I'd rather follow along on my phone.

Archived