Brewer Fanatic

Significant Acquisition Coming? Krasnick says "buzz" Brewers close to a trade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Multiple" trades that are separate from this one are in place as well. Trades will happen dependent upon this (A.) move and possibly other free agent moves. Multiple trades are already agreed upon, but only to happen if (A) happens.

How likely is A to NOT happen?

If it were not likely, would they go through the trouble of lining up multiple other moves based on that first move?

If the Brewers sign Darvish, he takes the #1 spot in the rotation. Nelson comes back by end of May, he'd get a spot. Chase Anderson's extension means he gets a spot, and Chacin's going to have a spot.

That means it is between Davies, Woodruff, and Suter for the #5 spot unless someone is dealt - and one of those three could end up on the move if Darvish is signed.

Davies/Broxton/Aguilar becomes a very interesting package in a trade...

No. It is not.

A shame, but hardly surprising...

it could still be, i think he's just clearly stating that the transaction that he has info about is not related to the darvish offer

There's no reason to believe that Darvish has accepted an offer from the Brewers. That may happen but, for now, that's just wishful thinking...

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

I've said this before. Cleveland matches up very well. First of all, Stearns and Chernoff I believe relate very well to each other as BOTH are from the New Jersey/New York area. Their both from Jewish decent. Their both are similar in age. They both had a deal with Lucroy in place. They both come from Ivy league schools. Likes attract, and likes work well together.

Also, the Indians are very Lefty position player heavy. Domingo would fit in well. The Brewers need 2b and a starter. Salazar and Kipnis fit this bill well. Jose Ramirez can easily slide from 3rd to 2nd. This would also quantify why Machado was inquired upon by the Indians.

McKenzie and Mejia would also interest the Brewers as would Travis Shaw could interest the Indians.

We could also have a 3 way trade that may look like:

Indians receive: Manny Machado, Domingo Santana

Brewers receive: Jason Kipnis, Danny Salazar, Francisco Mejia

Orioles receive: Triston Mckenzie, Josh Pennington, Phil Bickford

Well, someone named Brad just took this to Twitter. It won't be long before this blows up...

I've said this before. Cleveland matches up very well. First of all, Stearns and Chernoff I believe relate very well to each other as BOTH are from the New Jersey/New York area. Their both from Jewish decent. Their both are similar in age. They both had a deal with Lucroy in place. They both come from Ivy league schools. Likes attract, and likes work well together.

Also, the Indians are very Lefty position player heavy. Domingo would fit in well. The Brewers need 2b and a starter. Salazar and Kipnis fit this bill well. Jose Ramirez can easily slide from 3rd to 2nd. This would also quantify why Machado was inquired upon by the Indians.

McKenzie and Mejia would also interest the Brewers as would Travis Shaw could interest the Indians.

Well, someone named Brad just took this to Twitter. It won't be long before this blows up...

Howdy. I'm Brad. Should I be pogokat on twitter as well?

The fun part about twitter is the same as the fun part about here---chatting about rumors. I'm not a new source any more than the rest of you guys. As a result, when someone mentions a good one, why not tweet about it? I've also tweeted about ellsbury, yu, and devon travis tonight. And rumor mongered about 1,000 different people in the past.

That trade is highway robbery by the Brewers, not remotely realistic IMO.

Been a trend when Stearns makes trades, have you forgotten? We already "had" Mejia once, so he is very high on our lists. I'm all ears for what HH is saying, it makes total sense on paper to me unlike the Ellsbury standalone rumor.

Yeah but Mejia is much more valuable now. He'd be a plausible centerpiece for a Machado trade, and in this three-way we basically swap Baltimore's main return for Phil Bickford. Who knows though, in Stearns I trust!

Lol, and a moderator at that. This seems a little reckless, Brad...

Could the Brewers be making a move with the Indians? lots of chatter on http://brewerfan.net to suggest that santana could head there for a package involving Salazar, Kipnis, Mejia, all of them?... or maybe not at all?

my tweet: Could the Brewers be making a move with the Indians? lots of chatter on http://brewerfan.net to suggest that santana could head there for a package involving Salazar, Kipnis, Mejia, all of them?... or maybe not at all?

I have like 50 followers. There are more people reading this here than on twitter. I gained 4 followers because you brought this up. Also, I didn't say anywhere here that this was a real rumor, that I had a source, that I had authority, or anything. Nada. just that we were chatting about it on brewerfan.net, a website that i'd love to drive more traffic towards.

reckless?

Hearing the names Ellsbury and Albert Abreu from Yanks from various Twitter feeds. One was same who hit on the Lucroy to Indians thing a couple years ago.

Ellsbury would play CF and is owed 21 mil per for three years. Yanks would pick up some of the $ you'd have to believe.

Albert is a top SP 22 or younger and could be vying for rotation spot.

Would have to believe Santana or Brinson would be heading out of town.

Pretty sure anyone posting in this thread is a more likely Brewers 3B at this point than Ryan Braun is.

I might be the exception... :laughing

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is fun. I think I just figured out clancyphile's Twitter handle, @HaroldHutchison. If not, they sure share the same mind. On there putting Braun at 3B after Shaw is traded and dealing Davies or Woodruff once Darvish is signed.

Ask him if Bill Hall can pitch.then ask him about Jeff Pickler.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This is fun. I think I just figured out clancyphile's Twitter handle, @HaroldHutchison. If not, they sure share the same mind. On there putting Braun at 3B after Shaw is traded and dealing Davies or Woodruff once Darvish is signed.

Nice investigative work. Since there's literally not one other person on earth who sees that as an option, I think you nailed it.

Now let us know if you see anyone referencing Scooter being let go that Stearns is too young, naive, and stupid to be GM. We will have one more bf poster identified.

No Chance. McKenzie is not being dealt.

Tribe would not give up 4 pieces (2 off the MLB roster & 2 top 100 prospects for D. Santana & 1 year of Machado (who has let it be known he will not sign an extension & wants to try the free agency waters) & a draft pick due to a rejected Qualifying Offer for Machado..

Better chance Kipnis, $$ (salary offset of Harrison/ Kipnis) & possibly Yandy Diaz or Ryan Merritt goes to the Pirates for Josh Harrison & a couple prospects (from High A or further away)... Pittsburgh might be interested in that if payroll neutral and they get another player with 5 or 6 years of control.

Hearing the names Ellsbury and Albert Abreu from Yanks from various Twitter feeds. One was same who hit on the Lucroy to Indians thing a couple years ago.

Ellsbury would play CF and is owed 21 mil per for three years. Yanks would pick up some of the $ you'd have to believe.

Albert is a top SP 22 or younger and could be vying for rotation spot.

Would have to believe Santana or Brinson would be heading out of town.

This is all in this thread starting at Page 3 and continuing throughout. Also, the part about “same who hit on Lucroy to Indians” is HighHeat19 who is posting here. The Ellsbury rumors are from someone else.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Well he also tweeted about Lucroy coming back to the Brewers and the Davies / Woodruff trade suggestion after signing Darvish was near word for word what he just posted here so I'd say there's a pretty good chance.

Braun to 3b? Lol, that alone should be enough convincing.

ETA: Just found the unsurprising tweet locking Brent Suter into the Brewers roatation for years to come.

Braun to 3B?!? :laughing Good night fellas. May we all wake up with a great trade and a Darvish leading our staff!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived