Brewer Fanatic

Significant Acquisition Coming? Krasnick says "buzz" Brewers close to a trade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who would be a AL 2B we would be trading for?

If Santana is the guy who would we trade for not named Altuve?

I know Kippnis is available but you'd never trade Santana for him without prospects from their side.

Kipnis and Salazar

It is very peculiar we are getting close to a trade at the same time it gets reported we are offering Yu Darvish a contract. Seems like there is some connection to the two or quite a coincidence.

Never trust a coincidence.

It is very peculiar we are getting close to a trade at the same time it gets reported we are offering Yu Darvish a contract. Seems like there is some connection to the two or quite a coincidence.

Seems like I maybe know something. ;)

Not a lot according to my wife though.

Better to know something than nothing. :)

Well it only matters what the wife thinks. Haha

Who would be a AL 2B we would be trading for?

Maybe Devon Travis? he seems to be on the bench for the blue jays right now, but great in 15/16. Blue jays also have good pitching to trade. While they've picked up some outfielders, none are very good.

Any other details of what's going down you can share?

A lot of smoke and conflicting rumors. Hasn't acquiring a pitcher and a 2b been a priority all winter?

Braun for Ellsbury an interesting idea then maybe Phillips is the centerpiece of a deal involving a pitcher and/or a 2B? White Sox target? Avasil Garcia?

So the Brewers get the bigger contract, the Yankees get the better player, and both players have to waive full no trade clauses to go somewhere they probably don't want to be.

I'm struggling to see how this makes sense at all

We have saved a LOT of money the last few years with really only having Braun and Garza as big contracts. I don’t think one free agent signing is going to limit future free agent signings all that much going forward

The brewers paid Garza 12.5 Million this year, so if they give Darvish 20, they are really only adding 7.5 to the budget from last year, and hopefully a whole lot of talent.

Side thought: 4-5 hours since Crasnick's tweet came out and we've got 8 pages' worth in this thread discussing it. Maybe it amounts to nothing. But a few seemingly legit things (thank, HighHeat19) seem to point toward it being something pretty solid (or better, if multiple moves).

I just can't see this involving Braun, but who knows. I didn't see a 38-7 pounding happening tonight, either.

I've said this before. Cleveland matches up very well. First of all, Stearns and Chernoff I believe relate very well to each other as BOTH are from the New Jersey/New York area. Their both from Jewish decent. Their both are similar in age. They both had a deal with Lucroy in place. They both come from Ivy league schools. Likes attract, and likes work well together.

Also, the Indians are very Lefty position player heavy. Domingo would fit in well. The Brewers need 2b and a starter. Salazar and Kipnis fit this bill well. Jose Ramirez can easily slide from 3rd to 2nd. This would also quantify why Machado was inquired upon by the Indians.

McKenzie and Mejia would also interest the Brewers as would Travis Shaw could interest the Indians.

We could also have a 3 way trade that may look like:

Indians receive: Manny Machado, Domingo Santana

Brewers receive: Jason Kipnis, Danny Salazar, Francisco Mejia

Orioles receive: Triston Mckenzie, Josh Pennington, Phil Bickford

We have saved a LOT of money the last few years with really only having Braun and Garza as big contracts. I don’t think one free agent signing is going to limit future free agent signings all that much going forward

The brewers paid Garza 12.5 Million this year, so if they give Darvish 20, they are really only adding 7.5 to the budget from last year, and hopefully a whole lot of talent.

Just make sure he doesn't pull a Garza and crash into Aguilar while going to cover 1B.

Side thought: 4-5 hours since Crasnick's tweet came out and we've got 8 pages' worth in this thread discussing it. Maybe it amounts to nothing. But a few seemingly legit things (thank, HighHeat19) seem to point toward it being something pretty solid (or better, if multiple moves).

I just can't see this involving Braun, but who knows. I didn't see a 38-7 pounding happening tonight, either.

I appreciate Crasnick's tweet just for warming up the Brewers hotstove. it's been dead and tonight has been fun.

I've said this before. Cleveland matches up very well. First of all, Stearns and Chernoff I believe relate very well to each other as BOTH are from the New Jersey/New York area. Their both from Jewish decent. Their both are similar in age. They both had a deal with Lucroy in place. They both come from Ivy league schools. Likes attract, and likes work well together.

Also, the Indians are very Lefty position player heavy. Domingo would fit in well. The Brewers need 2b and a starter. Salazar and Kipnis fit this bill well. Jose Ramirez can easily slide from 3rd to 2nd. This would also quantify why Machado was inquired upon by the Indians.

McKenzie and Mejia would also interest the Brewers as would Travis Shaw could interest the Indians.

We could also have a 3 way trade that may look like:

Indians receive: Manny Machado, Domingo Santana

Brewers receive: Jason Kipnis, Danny Salazar, Francisco Mejia

Orioles receive: Triston Mckenzie, Josh Pennington, Phil Bickford

That offer doesn't seem unreasonable for any team, very well thought out for a 3 team trade. Is that your speculation?

Archived