Brewer Fanatic

Significant Acquisition Coming? Krasnick says "buzz" Brewers close to a trade

"Multiple" trades that are separate from this one are in place as well. Trades will happen dependent upon this (A.) move and possibly other free agent moves. Multiple trades are already agreed upon, but only to happen if (A) happens.

How likely is A to NOT happen?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Multiple" trades that are separate from this one are in place as well. Trades will happen dependent upon this (A.) move and possibly other free agent moves. Multiple trades are already agreed upon, but only to happen if (A) happens.

So maybe this means we deal Santana first and then turn around and trade for Ellsbury

And we plan to play Ellsbury over a guy like Brinson/Phillips? Hmmm...seems like a stretch. Ellsbury would not accept a trade without a promise of playing time.

And I doubt we are trading two of our three young OFers and roll with two grandpas.

So maybe this means we deal Santana first and then turn around and trade for Ellsbury

And we plan to play Ellsbury over a guy like Brinson/Phillips? Hmmm...seems like a stretch. Ellsbury would not accept a trade without a promise of playing time.

And I doubt we are trading two of our three young OFers and roll with two grandpas.

In theory if we dealt two of our outfielders (ex. Broxton & Santana) he could be our fourth outfielder who we all know will get plenty of starts.

depending on how much the actual plan to spend is this year, we could still see a starting of of Braun, brinson, and Cain, even after a trade like this. Ellsbury would get more pt anywhere other than Ny, and he knows that.

depending on how much the actual plan to spend is this year, we could still see a starting of of Braun, brinson, and Cain, even after a trade like this. Ellsbury would get more pt anywhere other than Ny, and he knows that.

Exactly. Ellsbury already won't be getting a ton of time in New York, and he would be one heck of a bench bat/4th/5th outfielder. I agree this seems weird but I think a lot of cogs are turned and pieces fall in place soon. Once this offseason starts moving it is going to move fast.

And he will be 200x more likely to win a ring in NY and has about 3 years left to do so. How much does he care about playing time?

I don’t think we eat a bunch of Ellsbury’s contract and sign a major FA, especially in the OF. That is a lot of money tied up in old OFers.

Taking on guys like Ellsbury is wise because it is essentially trading an asset we have a great deal of (payroll space) to a team dealing with luxury tax issues. I would hope that the Brewers eat his entire contract and get a prospect haul in return, although since Ellsbury isn't a totally worthless player it's hard to gauge what kind of return would be warranted.

Does anyone know what the emoji Darvish tweeted out means?

Translated it means "Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these."

Holy hell did I laugh out loud at this. Well played.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So your saying I’m not doing **** tomorrow at work

Ellsbury to Milwaukee Braun to Dodgers maybe?

I don't give these rumors any validity, because as has already been stated, Ellsbury has a full no-trade clause and it's hard to see him waiving that to come to Milwaukee.

If it does happen, the only way it makes any sense for the Brewer's payroll and outfield situation is not having the Yankees pick up payroll, but rather sending Braun to New York in the trade.

Also is the perfect time for the Yankees to part ways with Dellin Betances since their bullpen would still be pretty deep and there seems to be some bad blood between Betances and New York.

It'd be ideal if it was a few years ago, but present Ellsbury could still be a serviceable leadoff guy for us for a year or two. Perhaps Stearns is doing a "rent-a-leadoff guy" and then dump/relegate to 4th OF/etc for the end of the deal?

Archived