Brewer Fanatic

Significant Acquisition Coming? Krasnick says "buzz" Brewers close to a trade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you still think the brewers will follow up with another move. We still could use a starter

Not sure if it will be for a starter. Multiple moves = YES!!!

I saw awhile back we were interested in Oh, have you heard anything on that?

Man, this scares the crap out of me. Scary to think what prospects we will be forced to give up in a deal for Yelich. I am really hoping that Harrison, Hiura, Diaz, Erceg, Gatewood, Peralta, and Burnes are not involved in any way.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Do you still think the brewers will follow up with another move. We still could use a starter

Not sure if it will be for a starter. Multiple moves = YES!!!

I saw awhile back we were interested in Oh, have you heard anything on that?

Zilch

Man, this scares the crap out of me. Scary to think what prospects we will be forced to give up in a deal for Yelich. I am really hoping that Harrison, Hiura, Diaz, Erceg, Gatewood, Peralta, and Burnes are not involved in any way.

I'd bet at least three of those are gone in a deal for Yelich but I'm not sure why your attached to a couple of them. If Brinson is in the deal then Hiura is probably off the table but every single one of the other guys on your list has some serious question marks.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I'd bet at least three of those are gone in a deal for Yelich but I'm not sure why your attached to a couple of them. If Brinson is in the deal then Hiura is probably off the table but every single one of the other guys on your list has some serious question marks.

I cant see us dealing Brinson AND Harrison.

They no doubt will need to give up good prospects in this deal, and probably other deals this winter by the sounds of it. And this is exactly why you build a farm system - to be able to use those prospects as currency to acquire upgrades. I like your list, though, and I hope they manage to hang on to all those guys. Fortunately a lot of those guys are very young, unproven, or are coming off either down years or terrific years. I think most teams are looking for either lottery tickets or guys who have consistently been good. Really, Harrison, Gatewood and Peralta broke out last year. Diaz and Erceg had down years. Burnes had been good, but really broke out last year. Hiura is very unproven.

I cant see us dealing Brinson AND Harrison.

I can. Harrison is exciting but there are some very serious questions as to whether he can make enough contact in the upper levels.

I hope they deal Hiura if he's anywhere near as well regarded around the league as he is around here. We don't need every single prospect in the system to play for the Brewers, we just need to know when it's time to sell some of them high for controllable proven talent.

Funny that Corey Ray's name seldom ever even comes up in these discussions anymore.

Although, I can understand why. His value has taken a substantial hit to the point where you're probably better off holding and hoping for a rebound year.

As many people on the site keep making trade proposals including some Tribe prospects (especially Mejia & McKenzie), I think this info is relevant. Where the players are starting 2018 is all educated guess on my part.

Keith Law has 4 Indians in his recently released top 100 rankings.

7. Mejia (C, likely starts season in AAA Columbus where he has never played yet)

19. McKenzie (RHP, should start season in AA Akron)

80. Jones (3B, should start season in Midwest League - Lake County)

91. Bradley (1B, should start season in AAA Columbus)

Law says that Mejia is probably a 2 win player with his bat alone.

McKenzie appears to get a lot of swing and miss with average velocity because hitters simply can't see the ball coming out his hand. His CH is below average and will be a key going forward, particularly against LHH. He's probably a #4 SP right now, but still has huge projection.

Baseball America had only 2 Tribe prospects in its top 100 - Mejia at #20 & McKenzie at #33.

My source says Hader is literally untouchable in ALL trade talks.

Thank god!

Does he think we have a good shot at getting Yelich?

Yes.

And from the other thread I assume that this would now become move A?

Do you think it could be more than just Yelich? Could it be multiple players from Miami? I mean they can t get the fans anymore ticked off, might as well just rip the rest of the band aid off and get the pain done with.

Archived