Brewer Fanatic

Significant Acquisition Coming? Krasnick says "buzz" Brewers close to a trade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Happy Brewers trade speculation day everyone! If it is indeed going to be a big trade we all might want to take a moment to hug that Brewers prospect list one last time.

I love many of our prospects too, but this exact reason is why they have built the farm system up. I think they realize the team is a contender, and an upper-end piece or two away from pennant contention. Stearns has had so few dubious moves in his time as GM. He could very well be on the cusp of being mentioned in the same breath as the Theos of the world.

Oh please. He's made some monster miscalculations.

yes he has but there is no need to list them here. If anyone wants to talk about Stearns record please do so in another thread. Thanks

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Rosenthal just tweeted out the Yankees are going hard after Shaw.

I love Shaw.

Love him.

LOVE HIM.

But right now might be the peak of his trade value ... someone discuss whether that is accurate and if he should be dealt if these rumors are accurate. Is he a part of our contending plans in '19 and '20?

Or Shaw really breaks out with one more season under his belt and if his child gets past health concerns.

Let's get interesting. If Milw were to take on Ellsbury And trade Shaw to the Yankees, I'd expect Gleyber Torres(is A his health?) as beginning of package return. Add one of the Yankees SP prospects. And we are maybe near a deal? If I'm reading BRef's salary projection to Yankees right, they certainly have a lot of space below 200mil already, so I wonder how much they'd pay of Ellsbury's salary, which at a point removes the return to the Brewers.

Not sure where you are playing Torres(will he be healthy to play OD?) If you remove Shaw, 3b then, but I'd figure Torres more a 2b for 2018? I mean Torres is about a 95% fielder and lower at his SS/3b minors rate. And that's before his injury. Are you wanting to put up with that % for 3b? Also, does his bat fill up a 3b batter profile? A little underwhelming but this is a guy who's 21 on the cusp of ML starts.

Just a wild trade idea ;)

Care to elaborate? And no, Scooter does not count as a miscalculation. Reds got lucky and caught lightning in a bottle.

Guys, if you have to do this right now, please start a Stearns thread in the MLB forum - this discussion is about what the Brewers are trying to do today.

I don't see how we'd be pursuing Ellsbury. He's overpaid and not good anymore. We have at least 4 OFs we'd rather play than him. But if they want to pay us in prospects to take on his salary to get under the tax that's a different story, you see those type of trades in the NBA all the time.

Are you able to check in with an update HighHeat?

Trade may not happen till Wednesday or even Thursday. Contract issues.

MORE POPCORN.GIF

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Does this most likely mean someone with a no-trade clause needs to approve it? I really hope that's not pointing to the Ellsbury rumor being true (albeit even if that's the case, I guess we shouldn't judge it in a vacuum, it just seems to be the "most likely to go wrong" situation that's been rumored).

Boy, that's a kick to the ole pouch. Good things come to those that wait though... right?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

or we could all just stop thinking its Ellsbury.. why on earth would we trade for an OF when we have more than enough (please dont answer, you've all done that enough in 13 pages!). Stearns isn't bout dat life. he said the needs are SP and 2B. lets focus on those positions instead of OF.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

There's lots of reasons to take Ellsbury. They just have to be compensated well enough to do it. These kinds of deals happen all the time in the NBA. The Cavaliers took on Baron Davis' contract and ended up with Kyrie Irving and a championship for their trouble.

I have no problem whatsoever as long as the assets coming with him are valuable enough. Our ability to take on payroll is huge right now and I hope (and think) Stearns is smart enough to use it if he can't find free agents he likes.

or we could all just stop thinking its Ellsbury.. why on earth would we trade for an OF when we have more than enough (please dont answer, you've all done that enough in 13 pages!). Stearns isn't bout dat life. he said the needs are SP and 2B. lets focus on those positions instead of OF.

It could be part of other moves. Just because we trade for Ellsbury doesn't mean he will be on the opening day roster.

It could be part of other moves. Just because we trade for Ellsbury doesn't mean he will be on the opening day roster.

Also doesn't mean that Ellsbury was the focal point of the trade (as has been stated here a few dozen times but seems to be glossed over).

Can you tell us who's involved?

No, I only know that it's with an American League team.

And Braun is not involved.

I'm sure I'll be wrong, but it just feels like this is a deal with the Indians - as the two sides appear to match up really well with each other with their needs for a RH bat and our needs for a starting pitcher. The though of losing Santana from this offense really does scare me though, so I hope we'd have some other plans in place (if he is in this deal) to try to replace some of his production in the middle of our lineup. We just don't know what we have in Brinson quite yet.

Archived