Brewer Fanatic

Eduardo Nunez

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/free-agenttrade-rumors-cobb-lynn-nunez-yelich-ichiro.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Brewers are definitely turning over some stones in FA. I think in a lot of cases though smoke doesn't necessarily indicate fire. Nunez is a nice player but doesn't walk enough for my liking. I would prefer Walker if a 2B is being signed and would prefer seeing what Villar has to offer before signing Nunez.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/free-agenttrade-rumors-cobb-lynn-nunez-yelich-ichiro.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Brewers are definitely turning over some stones in FA. I think in a lot of cases though smoke doesn't necessarily indicate fire. Nunez is a nice player but doesn't walk enough for my liking. I would prefer Walker if a 2B is being signed and would prefer seeing what Villar has to offer before signing Nunez.

I would love to have Nunez as our 2B and Leadoff man.

Nunez

Thames

Braun

Shaw

Santana

Phillips

Pina

Arcia

Oh hell yes!

I don't know ... he's high contact, low strikeout guy. Doesn't really ever take a walk, though, which means the OBP isn't really where you want it for a top of the lineup hitter. Good speed. They could definitely do a heck of a lot worse at 2B. If the price is right, I don't think he would be a bad option.

Reverse splits- Career

vs. RHP:

.291/.332/.415/.747

vs. LHP:

.263/.295/.415/.710

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If he is the replacement for Perez, I'm all for it.

If you compare the two through their age 26 seasons, Perez is a more accomplished. player.

Great! Can Perez get on base? No. Okay... Eduardo Nunez it is then. To be totally honest, if Nunez is signed, I would hope that it would mean the end of Sogard but since Counsell isn't letting that happen, I'll take the next off my hit list, Perez.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If he is the replacement for Perez, I'm all for it.

If you compare the two through their age 26 seasons, Perez is a more accomplished. player.

Except what Nunez did through age 26 is virtually meaningless as he's now 30. He has 4 full seasons at the highest level since then. I personally don't see a drastic difference between the 2 players, but that has nothing to do with what Nunez did up to age 26 season.

With Nunez you should feel comfortable that you will get roughly 290/330/430 with 25 stolen bases and roughly a 1 month long DL stint at some point during the season. Perez still has some upside left hitting age 27, but the last 2 years combined he's been roughly 265/295/420. I know fld% is not a perfect stat by any stretch, but Perez was better in that department at both 2b and SS while Nunez did better at 3b. Perez also is slightly more versatile being able to play CF. Nunez is probably a slight upgrade from Perez, but I don't know that I want Nunez as the starting 2b. If you are looking at replacing Perez with Nunez and can find a spot on the 25 for him, that's something I'm more open to.

We don’t need yet another low OBP RHB. That being said, he be a steal at a Kendrick-like price.

2017 was the only year when his OBP approach lead off capability though, so Neil’s walker still makes more sense unless Nunez is quite a bit cheaper

I was thinking Nunez would be our play all over the field guy Perez was, not our starter at 2B.

It makes sense they would be interested in him. Núñez offers a lot of positional flexibility, just last year alone he played 2B, SS, 3B, RF, LF.

Is it really positional flexibility if he's only not terrible in the corner outfield?

It makes sense they would be interested in him. Núñez offers a lot of positional flexibility, just last year alone he played 2B, SS, 3B, RF, LF.

Is it really positional flexibility if he's only not terrible in the corner outfield?

Núñez offers a lot of positional flexibility can stand in different positions around the diamond and sometimes even on the grass. He is less terrible at some spots than others.

Fixed my original statement.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I think we're getting to the point where positional flexibility is getting vastly overrated for our current team. Shaw and Arcia are starting everyday. Thames and Aguilar have 1B. Santana is starting everyday and Braun almost everyday. CF is going to be some combination of Broxton, Phillips, and Brinson. 2B is the only unclaimed position right now. I love guys that can play multiple spots but 6 of the 7 non-C/P positions are pretty well spoken for everyday. A bench full of light hitting multi-position guys just doesn't seem all that productive.

Archived