Brewer Fanatic

Brian Duensing signs with Cubs 2/$7 million

KeithStone53151

This should put them right around the $160M mark for payroll. My uneducated guess at the beginning of the offseason is that they would try to stick around the $170M level in order to be able to account for future arby increases going forward.

They still need another starter, so I'd guess they sign Cobb and that will be the end of their offseason.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

This should put them right around the $160M mark for payroll. My uneducated guess at the beginning of the offseason is that they would try to stick around the $170M level in order to be able to account for future arby increases going forward.

They still need another starter, so I'd guess they sign Cobb and that will be the end of their offseason.

Seems reasonable, if not him then another one of the big 4 pitchers.

This is probably the end of the Cubs adding relief help. Morrow, Strop, Edwards, Cishek, Grimm, Wilson, Montgomery, and now Duensing. They may wind up dealing Montgomery which would create a spot, but aside from that they are probably done in the RP department.

Hope the brewers add Oh then.

This is probably the end of the Cubs adding relief help. Morrow, Strop, Edwards, Cishek, Grimm, Wilson, Montgomery, and now Duensing. They may wind up dealing Montgomery which would create a spot, but aside from that they are probably done in the RP department.

Hope the brewers add Oh then.

Agreed!

Oh will really finish out our pen.

Archived