Brewer Fanatic

Brewers On Deck 2018

Bikeage77

How’d everyone do today? The rummage sale is no longer the treasure chest it used to be, but I got an older nameless jersey with #71 on the back. There was no shot at getting to Hader though. The free line was insane. Missed out on Arcia. Got Knebel, Plesac, and Shaw. Was able to get Woodruff, Wilkerson and Williams on postcards since everyone else was waiting for Yelich and Cain. There’s Yelich signed balls on eBay for 25 so I just ordered one off there. The Brewers coulda easily raked in a quick $5000 to Brewers Charity by setting up a stage for each guy.

Got 6 signed cards for my 1979 signed Topps project, and took off. Debated seeing what the line was gonna look like after Yelich signed, but I was spent.

How was your day?

I had help today...

OMLB's

Josh Hader...practice ball he threw to my daughter...photo make jsonline and Haudricourt's twitter

Jhoulys Chacin

Stephen Vogt

Tyler Webb

Aaron Wilkerson

Taylor Williams

Brandon Woodruff

Corbin Burnes

Keston Hiura

8x10's

Josh Hader

Manny Pina

Jesus Aguilar

Jett Bandy

Aaron Wilkerson

Brandon Woodruff

Orlando Arcia

Brent Suter

Stephen Vogt

Zach Davies

Jacob Barnes

if anyone has any extra 5x7's unsigned please let me know

It was still somewhat packed since Hiura was next. I Got Arcia and Hiura on ROLMBS, waited in line 1.5 hours for Cain and Yelich and when they were getting done signing, ran over to where the stage was and got Yelich on a ball while he was walking. I agree, people would have paid $25 each for him and Cain. Hopefully Waukesha or someone does a signing with Lorenzo as I have an Hunstville game worn hat and jersey that need to be signed. Overall I had a fun time. In hindsight wish I would have bought the legends voucher for $25, which would have got me Yount, Thomas, Cooper, Fingers, The Icon, Plesac and others

I didn't get a single autograph, but between the season seat holder and the "public" free photo lines, we had a lot of fun photo ops, including:

The long-awaited (by me) photo of Zach Davies and my high school senior nephew together. They look a bit alike, not to mention they look pretty close in age. (Hat-tip again to bensheeps for giving nephew a ride to Milwaukee!)

A hug from Brett Phillips.

A photo with Lorenzo Cain whose posing was captured on Sunday night's channel 12 WISN news. Yes, there's an online clip.

Getting all (but one) of the coaches to join me and the SO in JAZZ HANDS. Derek Johnson just stood there.

(Ed Sedar also commented on my Lou Palmisano jersey, proving that Brewerfan members are not the only people in the world who remember sweet Lou.)

Watching Cecil Cooper razz Gorman Thomas because I told Gorman I had his photo on my dorm room wall in the 80s and Coop was all MUST HAVE BEEN YOUR DARTBOARD HAH HAH HAH. :laughing

Poor Jeff Cirillo just looked on in amazement.

AND after about 15 years of internet-only communication, I finally met SeriesFinale!

Man, was it crowded, though. Coming from Madison, we are never there right at opening time, but at 11:00 we were waiting on the first floor for like 15 minutes before we could move upstairs. Then, even indoors, we sometimes couldn't tell which line was which, they were sometimes so long.

Oddly, traffic wasn't as much of a problem as I anticipated, with Marquette playing nearby.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived