Brewer Fanatic

Jimmy Nelson

markedman5

I’ve thought all along that the best case would be Nelson to have limited availability after the all-star break. More likely he’d be out until September. If he’s in the picture starting in May or June, that’s a game-changer beyond what any high-priced acquisition could bring us. What a story!

Shoulders are always tricky to predict - the fact he injured it doing something other than throwing has always caused me to be slightly optimistic of him returning on the earlier side of rehab projections.

won't know for sure until Spring Training how well he's progressing, and am in the group of hoping he doesn't push it too fast and suffer a setback that could've otherwise been avoided by taking a more cautious approach.

Nelson’s was a bankart tear vs a SLAP tear. Much better results for a pitcher with a bankart tear vs a SLAP tear.

I thought June was a good guess for him to be back in the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome news. Sooner he comes back the sooner we can make a thread in the proposals section to see what we can get for him!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is good to hear. It will be interesting to see what they do with the rotation.

We have three spots locked with Anderson, Davies and Chacin. Woodruff seems to be pretty much a lock for the fourth slot.You never know what will happen with injuries, but if we're only going into the season figuring we'll only need a starter for a month or two, you'd think they're going to go with someone in-house. My guess is Suter or Hader start the season in the rotation and then move to the bullpen when Nelson is ready.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of Tweets from Adam McCalvy...

@AdamMcCalvy: Word on the convention floor is that Brewers pitching coach Derek Johnson told fans the team expects Jimmy Nelson back around June.
@AdamMcCalvy: Jimmy Nelson says all good in his first week-plus of throwing. He’s still reluctant to put a timetable on his possible return to the rotation.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

@AdamMcCalvy: Word on the convention floor is that Brewers pitching coach Derek Johnson told fans the team expects Jimmy Nelson back around June.
@AdamMcCalvy: Jimmy Nelson says all good in his first week-plus of throwing. He’s still reluctant to put a timetable on his possible return to the rotation.

I would guess Johnson is going to be on the very conservative side of any perspective return.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

even by being optimistic with june, this still allows the brewers to place nelson on the 60-day disabled list to start the season if a roster spot is needed. nelson would be allowed to make minor league rehab appearances while on the 60-day disabled list.

Nelson’s was a bankart tear vs a SLAP tear. Much better results for a pitcher with a bankart tear vs a SLAP tear.

I thought June was a good guess for him to be back in the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He came out after he hurt it and pitched another inning. I think 9 months after surgery is about right.

I would guess Johnson is going to be on the very conservative side of any perspective return.

I completely agree on this as well, I think there's a real chance he's back sooner. Especially with his work ethic...

Archived