Brewer Fanatic

Brewers release Taylor Jungmann

I had some hope that he could give us some value as a multi-inning reliever for a few seasons, but I guess he's far enough behind guys like Gallardo, Guerra, Suter, etc. that it's better just to "do the good thing" and let him see if he can put things together in Japan.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

The first three commenters in the MLB TRADE RUMORS thread made me laugh pretty hard...

gofishgofish

Jungmann, there’s no need to feel down.

card collector18

I said jungmann get the hell out of town

MB923

Jungmann, there’s a place you can go

I said Jungmann, when you can’t make The Show

You can stay there, and I’m sure you will find

Many ways to have a good time……..

I can't believe the number of first round failures the Brewers had during that stretch. It's really stunning how little value they have been able to get out of those players.

Was it a draft failure or a development failure? In nearly every year, there were players taken after the Brewers pick who went on to stardom, or at least valuable performance.

I can't believe the number of first round failures the Brewers had during that stretch. It's really stunning how little value they have been able to get out of those players.

Was it a draft failure or a development failure? In nearly every year, there were players taken after the Brewers pick who went on to stardom, or at least valuable performance.

That's the million dollar question. I doubt it's all one or the other but it is telling that the players who got drafted after Seid passed away did better even when the development side was the same.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Not in 2011 that draft is looking to be very bad for just about everyone.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/index.fcgi?year_ID=2011&draft_round=1&draft_type=junreg&query_type=year_round

The best player so far in that draft is Mookie Betts in the 5th round with a 24.1 WAR. I also believe Shaw was drafted in 2011 in the 9th round.

The Bluejays actually did a worse job in the first round with 5 picks only 4 of them signed though. The total WAR for those 4 picks signed 0.8 though Musgrove looks like he will be a decent #5 or long reliever. Dwight Smith doesn't look all that impressive to me though and may accumulate more WAR than Jungmann has but won't be more than a 4th or 5th OF.

This is a perfect fit for Jungmann, and I wish him the best. He needs an opportunity, and perhaps he can have a Colby Lewis or Ryan Vogelsong (I think that's who I'm thinking of) late career opportunity in the States

When the Brewers are using one of the rotation spots as a "bullpen by committee" approach in the stretch run of a pennant drive, and then Wilkerson got that last start...pretty much the writing was on the wall that the Brewers didn't think Jungmann had a future in Milwaukee.

I wish Taylor well. He's talented. Bottom line is that he put together a pretty good 119 major league innings in 2015, so he has the talent to do it. Hopefully the change of scenery will benefit him and he can find his way back to MLB and be successful (as long as it's not with the Cubs or Cardinals).

Not in 2011 that draft is looking to be very bad for just about everyone.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/index.fcgi?year_ID=2011&draft_round=1&draft_type=junreg&query_type=year_round

That's going a bit to far

Lindor/Rendon/Springer all have to be looked at as very positive picks for their teams. Sonny Gray and Baez good. Jose Fernandez would be considered fabulous had he not died in the boating accident. Cole isn't a superstar for a first overall pick, but he's been far from a bust.

Dylan Bundy may still amount to something. Archie Bradley was pretty dominant last year when moved to a relief role. Jackie Bradley had two nice years before struggling last season. Joe Panik a solid starting second baseman.

Certainly not a stellar first round class, but not as terrible as you make it out to be.

My guess is they didn't see him as a reliever in any way, which makes sense. So if he's viewed strictly as a starter (with no options) there's several other choices to hold down the #5 spot.

Kinda surprised that a small deal with the Baltimore Orioles couldn't be arranged. Baltimore is in desperate need for starting pitching options.

I'm talking for a PTBNL or cash or International bonus money since Baltimore ignores that part of the market.

Pretty surprised by this move. Given his year in Colorado Springs last year, I would've liked to have seen him given an opportunity to compete with Suter, Gallardo, Wilkerson, etc... for the #5 spot.

Clearly Jungmann wasn't part of the plans, and this is probably something he wanted/asked for. Can't blame either party.

The writing was on the wall when Jungmann put together the best season by a starter in Colorado Springs history and didn't get called up in September.

Which made no sense at the time, or now for that matter...

Best we part ways, but why he didn't get a call was hard to understand.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived