Brewer Fanatic

Fangraphs - Dave Cameron to Padres

Eye Black

For those who enjoy reading the electronic pages of Fangraphs, Dave Cameron has announced he is leaving to pursue an opportunity with the San Diego Padres in what will be his final post on the site, The One I Never Thought I Would Write.

Dave was Fangraphs first full-time staff member, and had a great ability to disseminate complex baseball analysis in a very relatable and easy to consume manner. I wish him the best, but am bummed he is going to be moving behind the proverbial curtain.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think he founded SS Mariner back in the day. Kind of a crazy career progression after that.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Really enjoyed his work so in that regard this is a bummer, but what an exciting move for him.

Completely agree. As I read his article I didn't realize that Kiley McD had returned to the Fangraphs site.

While this is a move Dave is taking today, there is nothing to say he can't return (like Kiley) in the future.

I love the weekly podcast conversations that he and Carson Cistulli share. I'm going to miss that a lot.

Cameron is a smart guy who recognizes when stats seem to be missing a bigger picture. He's very insightful and will add a lot to the Padres.

Archived