Brewer Fanatic

NFL Playoffs

pacopete4
I love me some Andy Reid but boy, eventually you have to get the job done in the playoffs. What a disaster second half for KC.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Titans - Pats next week sounds like a great way for the Pats to be in another AFC championship game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why does it seem like the AFC is a pile of garbage aside from the Pats and Steelers every year? I know that's being shortsighted considering the Broncos won it all with a geriatric Manning a few seasons ago, but I guess the most obvious reason is comparing the lack of star quarterbacks in the AFC compared to the NFC right now...

In the AFC, you have Brady and Big Ben. The only others worth mentioning are either past their prime (Rivers) or young/inconsistent/unknown/injured (Carr, Watson, Luck, Bortles).

I know we can't compare ourselves to the Pats, but it's frustrating to me to tout making it to our conference championship 2 out of the last 4 years as some illustrious accomplishment when the Pats basically get a bye to their conference championship every season.

The media will never bring it up because Brady is their media darling (and rightfully so) but he gets a pass basically every season due to his horrible division he wins just by showing up and then they earn a bye just about every year. The play some lousy AFC team to get to the conference finale just about every season. Bill and Tom have been fluffed by a horrible AFC pretty much for the past decade or so. Yeah, I know... there have been some outliers but for the most part, the AFC is trash.

The media will never bring it up because Brady is their media darling (and rightfully so) but he gets a pass basically every season due to his horrible division he wins just by showing up and then they earn a bye just about every year. The play some lousy AFC team to get to the conference finale just about every season. Bill and Tom have been fluffed by a horrible AFC pretty much for the past decade or so. Yeah, I know... there have been some outliers but for the most part, the AFC is trash.

Couldn't agree more. I quickly ran win totals for these teams. Combined the AFC East aside from the Patriots hit double digit wins 9 times in 17 years(times 3, so out of 51). They won 6 or less games 21 times in the same timeframe(over 40% of the time). This year seriously highlights just how lucky they get...having to face Mariota/Malarkey at home to get to the conference championship. I don't understand how the line is less than 20 points, seems like easy money. And you know the Jaguars are going to find a way to beat the Steelers so Brady gets to beat Mariota and Bortles on his way to the Super Bowl.

Couldn't agree more. I quickly ran win totals for these teams. Combined the AFC East aside from the Patriots hit double digit wins 9 times in 17 years(times 3, so out of 51). They won 6 or less games 21 times in the same timeframe(over 40% of the time). This year seriously highlights just how lucky they get...having to face Mariota/Malarkey at home to get to the conference championship. I don't understand how the line is less than 20 points, seems like easy money. And you know the Jaguars are going to find a way to beat the Steelers so Brady gets to beat Mariota and Bortles on his way to the Super Bowl.

This season, there's no doubt they have an easy path. But most years they had a couple great teams to get through. Broncos, Steelers, Indy and Baltimore in their day. I mean, this year the NFC isn't that great either.

This season, there's no doubt they have an easy path. But most years they had a couple great teams to get through. Broncos, Steelers, Indy and Baltimore in their day. I mean, this year the NFC isn't that great either.

If the Patriots have to face the Steelers, that will be a tough game. All 6 NFC playoff teams and arguably 1 or 2 non-playoff teams are better than every AFC team aside from Pittsburgh and New England. The NFC field strength is much deeper. Also you could argue New Orleans, Minnesota, and pre-wentz injury Eagles are about as good as Pittsburgh. So it's really up to the former 2 and Pittsburgh to stop New England.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

ok, moving to MN this year (less Packer games on TV) and the poor play for the Packers combined for me paying much less attention to the rest of the NFL this year, but I'm shocked... Jaguars, Bills and Titans all made the playoffs? I'm stunned.

If the Vikings make the SB, I'm going to hate having to cheer for Brady or Ben...

Honestly, I think I'd rather see the Vikings get a SB than for Brady or Ben to get another. They are both great quarterbacks but I wouldn't take either over Rodgers. Super Bowl wins gets too much attention sometimes for quarterbacks. Like myself and others have stated, put GB in the AFC East over the last decade and I'll bet there are a few more SB appearances and maybe wins.

I've heard it talked about before. Not often but it does get brought up. And Packer fans have the general ineptitude of the rest of the division to thank for a good chunk of their success. This year's Vikings team is the only one I can think of from the division from the past 10 years or so that is a legitimate contender. The Lions had a pretty good team a few years ago but for the most part a healthy Rodgers and Co could just roll through 3 average at best teams to win the division.

I've heard it talked about before. Not often but it does get brought up. And Packer fans have the general ineptitude of the rest of the division to thank for a good chunk of their success. This year's Vikings team is the only one I can think of from the division from the past 10 years or so that is a legitimate contender. The Lions had a pretty good team a few years ago but for the most part a healthy Rodgers and Co could just roll through 3 average at best teams to win the division.

Don't undervalue what the Vikings are as a franchise. They are about as good as they come. Yeah, sure, they miss out on the big wins but they win pretty much consistently all through their history. I would even wager that they have made the playoffs more times in the past ten years than the entire AFC East (minus NE obviously). I know they've also won the division a handful of times as well, something that no one in the AFC East, other than the Pats, even are in the running.

The NFC North(aside from GB) has had 7 playoff appearances in the last 8 years(since 2010). The AFC East has had 3 aside from the patriots. The NFC north has had 7 seasons of 10 or more wins in the same timeframe, the AFC East has had 3. The 2 years prior to this sample included the Favre in Minnesota years, hard to not call that Minnesota team a legit contender. It's not really up for debate, the NFC North has been far more competent than the AFC East

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Honestly, I think I'd rather see the Vikings get a SB than for Brady or Ben to get another. They are both great quarterbacks but I wouldn't take either over Rodgers. Super Bowl wins gets too much attention sometimes for quarterbacks. Like myself and others have stated, put GB in the AFC East over the last decade and I'll bet there are a few more SB appearances and maybe wins.

Nope. I can't cheer for the Vikings. Its like cold fusion... just doesn't work.

Agreed. Viking fans are insufferable enough as it is. I'd hate to see what they would be like with a championship. I'd like to keep the 'you've never won a Super Bowl' thing hanging over their heads as long as possible.

While I'd hate to see Brady win another one, with 5 he's pretty much already considered the G.O.A.T. by everyone around. Everything else is just icing for him at this point.

Mind blowing to me that Brady has played in a combined total of 18 conference championships and Super Bowls already. I'm not going to lie, I'm very envious. We've played in a total of 10 in my entire lifetime, and obviously we've been a highly successful NFL franchise.

Agreed. Viking fans are insufferable enough as it is. I'd hate to see what they would be like with a championship. I'd like to keep the 'you've never won a Super Bowl' thing hanging over their heads as long as possible.

While I'd hate to see Brady win another one, with 5 he's pretty much already considered the G.O.A.T. by everyone around. Everything else is just icing for him at this point.

Mind blowing to me that Brady has played in a combined total of 18 conference championships and Super Bowls already. I'm not going to lie, I'm very envious. We've played in a total of 10 in my entire lifetime, and obviously we've been a highly successful NFL franchise.

Let's go Jacksonville!! That solves the problem.

Was thinking yesterday too that if Pitt beats NE in the current political climate that during the two weeks leading up to the SB there will be a revisit of the Roethlisberger sexual assault stories. Should make for a pretty miserable fan experience to have to listen to it. That said, he probably deserves for it to finally come back to bite him.

It's not so bad after you live over here for awhile. Most of them realize that they will just choke in the big game every single time and alot even get a laugh out of it. I've learned to be more neutral on Minnesota as the years go by for that very reason, the Bears on the other hand...NEVER.

If you're moving over here the Common man on KFAN will be your best friend since we rarely get Packer games...he's an equal opportunity offender.

Honestly, I do not care if or the Vikings make / win the superbowl. I didn't want Favre to win a super bowl with them but with him long retired, it doesn't really matter.

I would imagine it would be a little different if I lived in GB since you are much closer to Minneapolis, but being 7 hours away in Milwaukee, and I rarely see a Vikings fan (although last weekend I did see a handful of people in Vikings stuff out and about).

Im going to cheer for the Jags this weekend, and that is the only game I am looking forward to seeing this weekend.

Favre and the Vikes were robbed of a Super Bowl appearance the last time these two teams played. What a joke that game was in terms of how it was reffed.

Favre and the Vikes were robbed of a Super Bowl appearance the last time these two teams played. What a joke that game was in terms of how it was reffed.

Really hard to blame anyone else for a loss when you have the game in your grasp, are on the edge of FG range for what would be a game winner, have the opportunity to run for a 1st down and make an inexplicably bad rookie throw across the width of the field.

Archived