Brewer Fanatic

Nick Castellanos

nate82

He has another two years left before becoming a free agent and will be 26 next season I wonder what it would take to get him from the Tigers?

I believe his power numbers would increase moving away from Detroit and playing in Milwaukee kind of like what happened to JD Martinez. I am not sure who I like more at 3B but you could either have Castellanos or Shaw playing 1B/3B. Both are not the greatest defensive players at 3B but they can both play there just not sure which one is better than the other. The Brewers would probably have to trade either Aguilar or Thames if the Brewers got Castellanos.

Tigers get: Harrison, Ortiz, Gatewood and Bickford

Brewers get: Castellanos

I don't think the Tigers will want Brinson or Phillips as they are major league ready and I don't believe the Tigers are anywhere near that in their rebuild. This is why I believe the Tigers would opt for Harrison over Brinson or Phillips. Ortiz would be the next big prospect for the Tigers along with two solid pieces in Bickford and Gatewood. This gives the Tigers 2 of the Brewers top 10 players and 2 in the top 15-20.

Now the Brewers lineup would look rather good and the only real piece missing is someone who can lead off and get on base in front of Santana, Shaw, and Castellanos.

Another trade where we give up four pretty good prospects for one guy? And a player that’s not all that great? And for two years of control? Hard pass as Stearns would too.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wondered why this was even a thread, as I remembered this guy being a terrible hitter. He's actually posted a couple solid back to back seasons. That said, he's a 3b that can play corner OF...doesn't really fit anything we need. No way am I interested in giving up the above listed package for him.

Any trade scenarios that don't involve pitching or possibly 2nd base frankly don't make much sense based on the composition of the team. Targeting another position(like outfield...Cain) require so many moving parts that they really don't make much sense. Stick with the simpler explanation, the Brewers are targeting pitching and pitching...with a side of pitching...in everything they are doing right now.

I had to check to make sure the original post wasn't from the end of 2016 when all 4 of these prospects werent near the value they are today. What in the world is this offer?

Ever see the movie Tropical Thunder? Robert Downey Jr's character tell's Ben Stiller's character, "You went full ******. Never go full ******"

Sums up my thoughts reading this trade idea. I'd think this was made up by a Tigers fan, were you hacked?

That's a massive package to give up for a guy putting up just above league-average numbers at premium offensive positions without solid defense to go with it. And they're positions where we already have above-average production; in the case of Shaw even better than that.

So it's an advanced top 100 pitching prospect, an extreme high-ceiling top 100 (or top 50 perhaps. We'll see when rankings come out) outfielder, a 1st round pick with very good minor league numbers who despite a down year is still only 22, and a 1B/3B prospect who's hit and miss (literally) but still has potential. And all that for a player who'd add some flexibility (Taking Aguilars roster spot) but not add anything else?

Archived