Brewer Fanatic

Brewers announce new partnership with Aurora Health Care

hawing

Per Caitlin Moyer's blog

Looks like Aurora Health Care will be the Brewers' medical partner now. Among the highlighted changes:

Aurora employees will staff the Miller Park first aid rooms

Aurora will be part of the ballpark's parking lot shuttle and wheelchair services

Aurora will sponsor a nursing room for mothers

They'll help develop a "healthy food option" for the Miller Park menu

The picnic area in the right field corner will be the Aurora Health Care Bullpen

Aurora will also be the sponsor for Hispanic Heritage Day (new name for Cerveceros Day), African-American Heritage Day (new name for the Negro Leagues Tribute Game) and a Pride Night at Miller Park. The latter would be a first-time promotion for the Brewers.

I read this to my SO and he wondered if Bob Uecker would have to start getting his checkups at Aurora instead of Froedtert.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

When my baby was born last year at Froedert we got a free brewers onesie and blanket from the team, which was very nice. I wonder if they will do the same at Aurora. It was a super nice gesture and I try to put it on her any chance I get before she gets too big for it.

Still waiting for traditional marriage night.... maybe next year, right? Since we are so inclusive and progressive nowadays.

I don’t know it doesn’t really bother me that much. I think it is a bit unnecessary and a little too political for my tastes, but I know a lot of other teams have been doing it. I just don’t understand why a team wants to get involved in this kind of thing. Were Brewer fans really clamoring for a Pride Night? Is this honestly going to motivate people to support the Brewers more? I seriously doubt that.

Just another meaningless special day in all honesty.

Being inclusive is good and more teams should show support for causes like this. It’s not political at all, it’s about being decent people.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

African-American Heritage Day (new name for the Negro Leagues Tribute Game)

I don't like this at all. It would be fine to have an African-American Heritage day all by itself but why replace the Negro League Tribute Game?

I feel like this conversation is heading in a bad direction and should shift gears or stop.

Shifting gears....

This is technically a Brewers related topic now, right? It's a promotion/theme night for cryin out loud. Shouldn't you be calling out the Brewers instead? If we fans ought to confine politics and "religion" into one forum thread on one little website because of misguided/unneeded conflict or because these issues are considered non-baseball topics, why give the Brewers a free pass to do the same in public to the masses? Otherwise, break out the pro-life night, the pro-Trump night, and traditional marriage night at Miller Park. Then the hypocrisy will really begin.

Like previously said they are just trying to be inclusive to all. They have also had faith nights with postgame concert. I don't recall marriage days but they have plenty of family days, they do have singles nights as well and try to connect single Brewers fans. They usually have ladies night that some complain about. Have also honored other heritages, which made me realize we had a fan from Italy on this site. They have had days where you can bring your dog to the park for animal lovers and the list goes on.

I feel like this conversation is heading in a bad direction and should shift gears or stop.

Shifting gears....

This is technically a Brewers related topic now, right? It's a promotion/theme night for cryin out loud. Shouldn't you be calling out the Brewers instead? If we fans ought to confine politics and "religion" into one forum thread on one little website because of misguided/unneeded conflict or because these issues are considered non-baseball topics, why give the Brewers a free pass to do the same in public to the masses? Otherwise, break out the pro-life night, the pro-Trump night, and traditional marriage night at Miller Park. Then the hypocrisy will really begin.

No need to be an arse. He was simply trying to get people to move on so it didn’t blow up. This is always one of those touchy subjects that we here definitely won’t solve here on our forums so why create hostility with one another?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Shifting gears....

Pro-Trump (or anti-Trump) and pro-life (or pro-choice) nights would very much be political, nor is anyone clamouring for either one, so I don't quite see their relevance. Pride night isn't even specifically about marriage, but sure I'll go with it; There is a difference between the two. Noone is trying to deny anyone the right to a "traditional marriage"; it's still there. One is inclusionary, one is exlcusionary.

I don't see Trekkies up in arms about Star Wars night, nor any real grumbling about any of the other more or less silly promo nights. Yet spending 1/81 home games trying to include a group that's historically marginalized in society in general and in (team) sports in particular gets people complaining about it.

Shifting gears....

Pro-Trump (or anti-Trump) and pro-life (or pro-choice) nights would very much be political, nor is anyone clamouring for either one, so I don't quite see their relevance. Pride night isn't even specifically about marriage, but sure I'll go with it; There is a difference between the two. Noone is trying to deny anyone the right to a "traditional marriage"; it's still there. One is inclusionary, one is exlcusionary.

I don't see Trekkies up in arms about Star Wars night, nor any real grumbling about any of the other more or less silly promo nights. Yet spending 1/81 home games trying to include a group that's historically marginalized in society in general and in (team) sports in particular gets people complaining about it.

The difference with "pride" day, unlike your Star Wars nights, is that it is a moral issue. Many consider it a sin and/or against their beliefs/faith. Regardless of your view, whatever side of the fence you may reside, the promotion is encouraging division on a moral issue. This is drastically different than all the other promos you talk about. Agreeing with you, no one is clamouring for these promotions. A pro-life day against killing the unborn would be the same-a clear moral issue first (then the politicians get involved).

There's a lot I could say about imposing religious views on others, or the whole "moral" aspect of it, but this isn't really the place for it so I'll just leave it.

It seems to be a done deal anyway, and I'm glad it's happening.

Being inclusive is good and more teams should show support for causes like this. It’s not political at all, it’s about being decent people.

Your post preaches a moral point of view that many "decent" people don't agree with. Didn't MLB learn something from NFL national anthem fiasco? Sports should stick to sports. We watch and go to games to get away from this stuff not have it thrown in our faces. I'm all for people living their lives according to their views and what makes them happy. I shouldn't have to take a side either way at the ballpark.

Can you imagine the howling if they had a "traditional religious values night"? Yet I could make a case that adhering to the Ten Commandments is good for society and and being "decent" people.

I shouldn't have to take a side either way at the ballpark.

The neat part about this... is that you don't

Let's keep this topic from devolving, folks. I agree that it's worthy of discussion, but it also isn't far from being too far gone to keep around imo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived