Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Boone Logan

MVP2110

I would think these threads should stay in the rumors section until official. That said, I like the target. Hopefully the price is right. Throws mid 90s heat with mid 80s slider. Slider 50-60% of the time. He's much better against lefties, probably will be a LOOGY to some degree. It will be nice having him and likely suter as lefty pen options. I saw the joking comment about this tabbing hader for the rotation. I would think this is an indicator to some degree that he is more likely to end up in the rotation.

More young controllable talent.

Shouldn't this be in blue? He's been in the big leagues since 2006 and he's 33.

He was very solid with Yankees from 2010-2013 and led the league in appearances in 2012. Colorado signed him to a 3 year deal as a FA in 2014, but he struggled his first year there. Split time between AAA and big leagues with Cleveland last year. His FIP is usually better than his ERA. He's maintained a K per 9 innings at 11 or better since 2012.

Overall, solid LH veteran. We can only hope this means Drake won't be needed any longer though Logan's splits against LH hitters isn't especially strong so not a pure Loogy.

I think it means little to nothing right now because he could be getting a Gallardo type deal and not even make the opening day roster. I also don’t think the Brewers are anywhere remotely close to shutting the door on a major starting rotation addition which would kick Hader/Suter out faster than you penciled them in.

Pretty worthless to make any assumptions at this point.

I would think this indicates one of either Hader or Suter will open in the rotation or the minors. 3 lefties in a bullpen is Lot although not unheard of

Just one more arm in the mix, he's not on the 25 yet. If he makes it, yea they could roll with those 3 easily. Hader in not a loogy, Suter really isn't either. Plus Suter has options, I think he starts the year in CS.

So the whole Hader situation is unknown, it really is. We can read into every move to fit what we're looking for, but no move yet prevents him from taking on either role.

I would think this indicates one of either Hader or Suter will open in the rotation or the minors. 3 lefties in a bullpen is Lot although not unheard of

Just one more arm in the mix, he's not on the 25 yet. If he makes it, yea they could roll with those 3 easily. Hader in not a loogy, Suter really isn't either. Plus Suter has options, I think he starts the year in CS.

So the whole Hader situation is unknown, it really is. We can read into every move to fit what we're looking for, but no move yet prevents him from taking on either role.

I don't think it stops Hader from either role. I'm just saying if Hader and Logan both are in the bullpen that Suter than Is most likely either in the rotation or the minors.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm going to lock this one until it's official. There's another thread in the rumors board if people want to discuss.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived